List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is a lot of richmond, Hawthorn, melbourne, Carlton with our 2024 season. The difference is 666 and stand rules. We are the new age.

We are still the youngest team on paper. This capitulation doesn’t surprise me.

Some will crack the shits, I just want new leaders next year and Luke McDonald thrown out and Jy either traded or dropped..

Neither of that will happen as their value is more than their onfield ability but club stability and legitimacy.

Trading/cutting either of them right now will destroy any good will at the club and create a huge rift between the coaches and the playing list.

Plus, currently the playing list is not sufficiently competent enough to squeeze out simpkin like nathan jones did at melb.

The two are fabric players who will guide us into the next final, in particular simpkin as he's only 26.

Think of richie vandenberg did at hawthorn.

Clarko's Josh Gibson rant might have just been Clarko ranting but maybe it was a message to someone. He was saying that they identified Gibson as underutilized and they brought him in and he won two BnFs at CHB in premiership years.

I dunno who that description would fit, but it was while he was highlighting the importance of the spine.

Logue - ??? - Xerri - Comben - Larkey

It's a collective phenomenon. Scatter them about to different teams and their disposal would be fine. Do we really think that their neural pathways for footy's motor actions are weaker than the average AFL player? Nup. I don't buy it. North Melbourne atm is a place of low confidence, low belief, low strenuous effort, and probably still low fitness. That means that when one or two unforeseen things go wrong that increase the pressure on the team, as happened yesterday with Chom, then Larkey, the fragile foundations begin to crumble fast. Players turn inwardly rather than leaning on their teammates and working out what can be done to stop the opposition momentum, and the result is a disjointed, uncoordinated shitshow.

The only actually bad kickers amongst the best 23 are Scott and Arch imo. But both don't matter because they each bring other assets that almost none of their teammates have. Someone's gonna argue Jy but I trust his kicking at goal and his left, and probably LMac too, but he's AFL standard as long as he doesn't let his brain get ahead of his skill level. His kicking isn't bad, it's just meh
There is a difference between kicking and decision making and composure. I’m sure without any pressure, most of the team can make field kicks, but put opposition, trailing on the scoreboard, crowd, umpire decisions and 5 years of public-toilet grade diarrhoea gameplan/stability/success, it’s going to have an impact.

We need to be recruiting a drafting people who soak up that pressure and use it to their advantage. We need: clutch.

Currently, Arch, Sheezel and Scott have shown enough of it to be classed as attributes. Kerch and Wardlaw are building it, while Corr, LDU and at times Jy have shown it.

Tarryn *ing kills us. That campaigner is a ****ing A grade talent. * me, people
Forget we are missing him from last year. I hate that campaigner
The most bitter taste is left on the mouth thinking about the Thomas situation and the raft of FS and academy luck the majority of teams enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko's Josh Gibson rant might have just been Clarko ranting but maybe it was a message to someone. He was saying that they identified Gibson as underutilized and they brought him in and he won two BnFs at CHB in premiership years.

I dunno who that description would fit, but it was while he was highlighting the importance of the spine.

So the clue is who are players currently under utilized at the other clubs that could add to our team significantly...?

Exactly what I said a few days ago here.

But what I didn’t think about was, yes, it was a message to someone.

The ears of several players pricked up across the league, who were infact, underutilized and ready to take the call.

But Curtis Taylor, Charlie Lazzaro and Hamish Free were puzzled why their current coach was making the subtle but obvious call.

Gary sooking on the couch about Clarko naming players on SEN we may look to recruit. I honestly thought when I was listening it was more just a generalised statement of the types we would love to look at, senior players toward the end of their careers, nothing to do with specifics on whom we are recruiting.

All these blokes are the same….get Clarko on their shows and they’re pussy cats.

Gary sooking on the couch about Clarko naming players on SEN we may look to recruit. I honestly thought when I was listening it was more just a generalised statement of the types we would love to look at, senior players toward the end of their careers, nothing to do with specifics on whom we are recruiting.
Gary should stick to grass cutting his mates..

Dom Brew = The sweet azz

Viney for Simpkin or Phillips
Parker = no from me. He's cooked running wise. He impacted the game as a CBA going forward as a marking option. We've got plenty of those. We need talls and smalls, we've plenty of medium marking options.
F1 for pick 6 and 20 (GC)

In: Viney, Draper/ FOS, Armstrong, Gerreyn and small forward.
Simpkin is the only mid who blocks and takes body contact for his teammates in tight. if we're bringing Viney in, its to add more of that.

Mate...thats probably the best one posed so far that makes sense in terms of bringing in a Viney and Parker!!
However, GC might balk on #6 because they will expect a bid on Lombard within 4-8 and if they go in for Rioli, they might need #13..if the tigers accept #20 and our F1 and we are able to get #13 & #22 from GC, happy days!
Like the Adelaide scenario but we'll probably want more than #4 & #28 for a #2.

Nah, Richmond aint picking Draper at #1..3x Vic mids that are equally as talented and they've all played in their VFL side recently should give you a hint on whom they are fancying.
The playing of potential draftees in a club's VFL program is something I've always found interesting.... Feels a bit close to muddying the waters of having an uncompromised draft.... (LOLZ)

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only is the key word mate. Only.

We are now up shit creek without a paddle. We completely neglected talls for like 6 years. It will take that long to fix, by which time 3/4 of the squad won’t even be on the list. We ****ed up.
Maybe....look at Hawthorn under Clarko though.....Hale, Gibson, Lake, Gunston, McEvoy spring to mind, talls that were all traded in from other clubs. None of them were superstars at their previous clubs. Came in and performed a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back