List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Membrey (St Kilda)​

Are North Melbourne interested?

“Not necessarily North Melbourne.

“There's definitely interest out there for Tim Membrey in the market.

“I’d say it's no guarantees at St Kilda next year. As a free agent he will explore the market.

“Melbourne is a club that comes up from time to time. They had a look last year at Membrey. Do they need someone else to go with these young key forwards?

“So that wouldn't be out of the question. I haven't heard specifically North Melbourne, but it would fit a need.

“Alastair Clarkson has been on the record saying they're looking for a mature-age support and a key forward as well. So that would tick a couple of boxes.”

Last edited:
Saints about to roar up the table adding Shiel, Curtis Taylor and the bloke they get as compo for Josh Battle.

I think Madness is thinking we haven’t improved on last season. Take into account we gave our most talented player on the list the arse. Imagine if we had TT in some of those tight games or for the entire season. Massive massive loss
Imagine if oppo teams couldn't waltz out of our forward 50 at every opportunity

Imagine if a tall contested marking threat gave our midfielders a focal point in the forward line

Imagine how they'd allow Zurhaar and Larkey to get off the chain every now and again

Imagine actual depth

John_Lennon_Imagine.gif

Imagine if oppo teams couldn't waltz out of our forward 50 at every opportunity

Imagine if a tall contested marking threat gave our midfielders a focal point in the forward line

Imagine how they'd allow Zurhaar and Larkey to get off the chain every now and again

Imagine actual depth

View attachment 2087272

All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

No Mahony…
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's no more TT hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

I'm sure pick 37 and two list cloggers would be hard to refuse.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Personally wouldn't give #37 in this draft hence a F3.
This draft is like:
Show Down Clint Eastwood GIF

Copilot, write a convincing and entertaining dialogue between two fictitious members of the north Melbourne Bigfooty community who are arguing whether the club should use its 2024 draft picks on the best available talent or for specific list needs

——

Sure, here's a lively dialogue between two fictitious members of the North Melbourne Bigfooty community:

---

JackoRoo: Mate, I'm telling you, we need to go for the best available talent in the draft. You can't pass up on a potential superstar just because we have a gap in our list.

RoosFanatic: I get where you're coming from, Jacko, but look at our midfield. It's like Swiss cheese out there! We need to draft for specific needs, especially in the midfield and defense.

JackoRoo: But think about it, RoosFanatic. If we draft the best available talent, we can trade them later if needed. Talent is currency in the AFL. You don't want to miss out on the next Dustin Martin just because we need a defender right now.

RoosFanatic: True, but what if that "next Dustin Martin" ends up being a bust? We've seen it happen before. We need players who can fill our gaps and make an immediate impact. Our defense is leaking goals like a sieve!

JackoRoo: Fair point, but drafting for needs can be risky too. Remember when we picked up that key defender a few years back, and he barely played a game? If we go for the best talent, we have a better chance of finding a long-term star.

RoosFanatic: Yeah, but we can't afford to wait for a star to develop. We need players who can step in and perform now. Our fans are getting restless, and we need to show some progress.

JackoRoo: Progress is important, but so is building a team that can compete for years to come. If we focus too much on immediate needs, we might miss out on building a strong foundation for the future.

RoosFanatic: I hear you, but balance is key. Maybe we can find a middle ground—draft a mix of best available talent and players who can fill our immediate needs. That way, we cover our bases and keep the fans happy.

JackoRoo: Now you're talking! A balanced approach could work. Let's hope the recruiters have their thinking caps on this draft season.

RoosFanatic: Agreed. Here's to a successful draft and a bright future for the Roos!

---

do you think roosfanatic or Jackoroo has made a more convincing case and why

——

Both JackoRoo and RoosFanatic present valid points, but it ultimately depends on the club's current situation and long-term strategy.

JackoRoo argues for drafting the best available talent, emphasizing the potential to secure future superstars and the flexibility to trade for specific needs later. This approach can build a strong foundation for sustained success and ensures that the club doesn't miss out on exceptional talent.

RoosFanatic, on the other hand, focuses on immediate needs, particularly in the midfield and defense. This strategy aims to address current weaknesses and improve the team's performance in the short term, which can be crucial for maintaining fan support and showing progress.

If I had to choose, RoosFanatic might have a slightly more convincing case given the urgency of addressing specific gaps in the team's lineup. Immediate improvements can boost morale and performance, which is essential for a team looking to climb the ladder quickly. However, a balanced approach that incorporates both strategies could be the most effective solution.

—-

Case closed folks.

Copilot, write a convincing and entertaining dialogue between two fictitious members of the north Melbourne Bigfooty community who are arguing whether the club should use its 2024 draft picks on the best available talent or for specific list needs

——

Sure, here's a lively dialogue between two fictitious members of the North Melbourne Bigfooty community:

---

JackoRoo: Mate, I'm telling you, we need to go for the best available talent in the draft. You can't pass up on a potential superstar just because we have a gap in our list.

RoosFanatic: I get where you're coming from, Jacko, but look at our midfield. It's like Swiss cheese out there! We need to draft for specific needs, especially in the midfield and defense.

JackoRoo: But think about it, RoosFanatic. If we draft the best available talent, we can trade them later if needed. Talent is currency in the AFL. You don't want to miss out on the next Dustin Martin just because we need a defender right now.

RoosFanatic: True, but what if that "next Dustin Martin" ends up being a bust? We've seen it happen before. We need players who can fill our gaps and make an immediate impact. Our defense is leaking goals like a sieve!

JackoRoo: Fair point, but drafting for needs can be risky too. Remember when we picked up that key defender a few years back, and he barely played a game? If we go for the best talent, we have a better chance of finding a long-term star.

RoosFanatic: Yeah, but we can't afford to wait for a star to develop. We need players who can step in and perform now. Our fans are getting restless, and we need to show some progress.

JackoRoo: Progress is important, but so is building a team that can compete for years to come. If we focus too much on immediate needs, we might miss out on building a strong foundation for the future.

RoosFanatic: I hear you, but balance is key. Maybe we can find a middle ground—draft a mix of best available talent and players who can fill our immediate needs. That way, we cover our bases and keep the fans happy.

JackoRoo: Now you're talking! A balanced approach could work. Let's hope the recruiters have their thinking caps on this draft season.

RoosFanatic: Agreed. Here's to a successful draft and a bright future for the Roos!

---

——

Both JackoRoo and RoosFanatic present valid points, but it ultimately depends on the club's current situation and long-term strategy.

JackoRoo argues for drafting the best available talent, emphasizing the potential to secure future superstars and the flexibility to trade for specific needs later. This approach can build a strong foundation for sustained success and ensures that the club doesn't miss out on exceptional talent.

RoosFanatic, on the other hand, focuses on immediate needs, particularly in the midfield and defense. This strategy aims to address current weaknesses and improve the team's performance in the short term, which can be crucial for maintaining fan support and showing progress.

If I had to choose, RoosFanatic might have a slightly more convincing case given the urgency of addressing specific gaps in the team's lineup. Immediate improvements can boost morale and performance, which is essential for a team looking to climb the ladder quickly. However, a balanced approach that incorporates both strategies could be the most effective solution.

—-

Case closed folks.
I'm obsolete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should North Bigfooty stop sooking about draft sh!t from ten years ago

ChatGPT said:​

It can be frustrating to see discussions about past draft decisions, especially when they seem to overshadow current and future prospects. Here are a few perspectives on why some North Melbourne fans might still be focused on draft decisions from years ago and why it might be helpful to shift the focus:

Reasons for Focusing on Past Draft Decisions:

1. Unresolved Frustrations: Fans often cling to past decisions, especially if they feel those choices had a significant impact on the team’s current situation. If a draft pick didn’t pan out as hoped, it can be easy to look back and wonder what might have been.
  2. Historical Patterns: Examining past draft decisions can be a way to understand and critique the club’s decision-making processes. Fans might be trying to identify patterns or mistakes that they hope the club will learn from.
  3. Nostalgia and What-Ifs: There’s a natural tendency to think about “what could have been” with different draft picks. Nostalgia and hypothetical scenarios can be compelling, even if they don’t change the present.

Benefits of Moving Forward:

1. Focus on the Present and Future: Shifting focus to current players, upcoming drafts, and the team’s immediate goals can be more productive. It helps fans and the club concentrate on how to improve and succeed going forward.
  2. Support for Current and Future Players: Focusing on supporting current players and upcoming talent can foster a more positive environment. Constructive discussions about how to help the team improve are generally more beneficial.
  3. Learning from the Past: While reflecting on past decisions is valuable, it’s often more constructive to use those reflections to inform future strategies rather than dwelling on past mistakes.
  4. Encouraging Progress: Emphasizing progress and positive developments can boost morale and encourage a more optimistic outlook. Celebrating small wins and incremental improvements can help build a supportive fan culture.
In summary, while it's natural for fans to revisit past draft decisions, focusing on the present and future can be more beneficial for both the club and its supporters. Constructive discussions about how to improve and support current and future players can contribute to a more positive and forward-thinking environment.

give me some specific examples where the north Melbourne bigfooty community has gotten hung up over past draft decisions, and assess the relevance of each decision in 2024

——

Let's assess the relevance of the mentioned draft decisions in 2024:

1. Ben Brown Trade:
- Current Impact: Ben Brown has had a mixed performance at Melbourne, dealing with injuries but still contributing as a key forward. North Melbourne's use of the acquired picks has yet to yield a standout player, making this trade still a topic of debate.
- Relevance: The trade's relevance remains high as North Melbourne continues to rebuild. The success of the players drafted with the acquired picks will ultimately determine the long-term impact.

2. Will Phillips Selection:
- Current Impact: Will Phillips has shown flashes of potential but has struggled with injuries and consistency. Comparisons to other players from the same draft class, like Logan McDonald, who have had more immediate impacts, keep this decision under scrutiny.
- Relevance: This decision is highly relevant as Phillips' development is crucial for North Melbourne's midfield future. His progress in the next few seasons will be closely watched.

3. Jason Horne-Francis Draft and Trade:
- Current Impact: Horne-Francis has been performing well at Port Adelaide, which has intensified the scrutiny on North Melbourne's decision to trade him. The players and picks received in return are still developing, making it too early to fully assess the trade's success.
- Relevance: This remains a significant point of discussion. The performance of the acquired assets versus Horne-Francis' career trajectory will be a key factor in evaluating this decision.

4. Trading of End-of-First-Round Picks:
- Current Impact: Dylan Stephens and Zac Fisher have integrated into the team, providing immediate contributions. The additional picks acquired are still in the development phase.
- Relevance: This trade is relevant as it reflects North Melbourne's strategy of balancing immediate talent acquisition with future potential. The performance of Stephens and Fisher, along with the development of the drafted players, will be critical in assessing this decision.

Overall, these draft decisions are still very much relevant in 2024 as they shape the team's current and future performance. The ongoing development of the players involved will continue to influence the community's perspective on these decisions.

should North Bigfooty stop sooking about draft sh!t from ten years ago

ChatGPT said:​

It can be frustrating to see discussions about past draft decisions, especially when they seem to overshadow current and future prospects. Here are a few perspectives on why some North Melbourne fans might still be focused on draft decisions from years ago and why it might be helpful to shift the focus:

Reasons for Focusing on Past Draft Decisions:

1. Unresolved Frustrations: Fans often cling to past decisions, especially if they feel those choices had a significant impact on the team’s current situation. If a draft pick didn’t pan out as hoped, it can be easy to look back and wonder what might have been.
  2. Historical Patterns: Examining past draft decisions can be a way to understand and critique the club’s decision-making processes. Fans might be trying to identify patterns or mistakes that they hope the club will learn from.
  3. Nostalgia and What-Ifs: There’s a natural tendency to think about “what could have been” with different draft picks. Nostalgia and hypothetical scenarios can be compelling, even if they don’t change the present.

Benefits of Moving Forward:

1. Focus on the Present and Future: Shifting focus to current players, upcoming drafts, and the team’s immediate goals can be more productive. It helps fans and the club concentrate on how to improve and succeed going forward.
  2. Support for Current and Future Players: Focusing on supporting current players and upcoming talent can foster a more positive environment. Constructive discussions about how to help the team improve are generally more beneficial.
  3. Learning from the Past: While reflecting on past decisions is valuable, it’s often more constructive to use those reflections to inform future strategies rather than dwelling on past mistakes.
  4. Encouraging Progress: Emphasizing progress and positive developments can boost morale and encourage a more optimistic outlook. Celebrating small wins and incremental improvements can help build a supportive fan culture.
In summary, while it's natural for fans to revisit past draft decisions, focusing on the present and future can be more beneficial for both the club and its supporters. Constructive discussions about how to improve and support current and future players can contribute to a more positive and forward-thinking environment.

I don't need a glorified calculator to tell me that rehashing the same tired old shit day after day is deeply boring

——

---

---

——

—-

Case closed folks.

This AI has never seen two BF posters talk together for more than four posts in its life.

I have no doubt whatsoever JackoRoo probably would have ended up with a week off.

This AI has never seen two BF posters talk together for more than four posts in its life.

I have no doubt whatsoever JackoRoo probably would have ended up with a week off.
Need to get Chief to give the AI LLMs mod-level privileges to access our deleted posts, then our true character will be understood.

Need to get Chief to give the AI LLMs mod-level privileges to access our deleted posts, then our true character will be understood.
Just wait until skynet works out how to release everyone's PM's and group chats to the internet world..

andy samberg mind blown GIF

Just wait until skynet works out how to release everyone's PM's and group chats to the internet world..

andy samberg mind blown GIF

I'll be ok. Most PM's abusing me usually have me in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back