List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we're right into Rachele. Just what we need.

An absolute cat? No thank you.

Less total tackels and less tackles inside 50 as Pauly Curtis, with a very similar scoring output.

Id also add Curtis is way better in the air and in 1 on 1s.

Only reason Rachele has a profile is because he was a high draft pick.

Nicks has also already exposed him to the midfield and he didn't perform.

No from me.

We have a big opinion of Taylor Goad, he's not going anywhere, his upside is at a very high point. Adelaide were very disappointed when we took him, because they were going to take him, they certainly didn't think we were going to select him with our pick!
Yep some on here just don't get why we picked him when we did. Can't see the big picture.

Copilot, write a convincing and entertaining dialogue between two fictitious members of the north Melbourne Bigfooty community who are arguing whether the club should use its 2024 draft picks on the best available talent or for specific list needs

——

Sure, here's a lively dialogue between two fictitious members of the North Melbourne Bigfooty community:

---

JackoRoo: Mate, I'm telling you, we need to go for the best available talent in the draft. You can't pass up on a potential superstar just because we have a gap in our list.

RoosFanatic: I get where you're coming from, Jacko, but look at our midfield. It's like Swiss cheese out there! We need to draft for specific needs, especially in the midfield and defense.

JackoRoo: But think about it, RoosFanatic. If we draft the best available talent, we can trade them later if needed. Talent is currency in the AFL. You don't want to miss out on the next Dustin Martin just because we need a defender right now.

RoosFanatic: True, but what if that "next Dustin Martin" ends up being a bust? We've seen it happen before. We need players who can fill our gaps and make an immediate impact. Our defense is leaking goals like a sieve!

JackoRoo: Fair point, but drafting for needs can be risky too. Remember when we picked up that key defender a few years back, and he barely played a game? If we go for the best talent, we have a better chance of finding a long-term star.

RoosFanatic: Yeah, but we can't afford to wait for a star to develop. We need players who can step in and perform now. Our fans are getting restless, and we need to show some progress.

JackoRoo: Progress is important, but so is building a team that can compete for years to come. If we focus too much on immediate needs, we might miss out on building a strong foundation for the future.

RoosFanatic: I hear you, but balance is key. Maybe we can find a middle ground—draft a mix of best available talent and players who can fill our immediate needs. That way, we cover our bases and keep the fans happy.

JackoRoo: Now you're talking! A balanced approach could work. Let's hope the recruiters have their thinking caps on this draft season.

RoosFanatic: Agreed. Here's to a successful draft and a bright future for the Roos!

---

do you think roosfanatic or Jackoroo has made a more convincing case and why

——

Both JackoRoo and RoosFanatic present valid points, but it ultimately depends on the club's current situation and long-term strategy.

JackoRoo argues for drafting the best available talent, emphasizing the potential to secure future superstars and the flexibility to trade for specific needs later. This approach can build a strong foundation for sustained success and ensures that the club doesn't miss out on exceptional talent.

RoosFanatic, on the other hand, focuses on immediate needs, particularly in the midfield and defense. This strategy aims to address current weaknesses and improve the team's performance in the short term, which can be crucial for maintaining fan support and showing progress.

If I had to choose, RoosFanatic might have a slightly more convincing case given the urgency of addressing specific gaps in the team's lineup. Immediate improvements can boost morale and performance, which is essential for a team looking to climb the ladder quickly. However, a balanced approach that incorporates both strategies could be the most effective solution.

—-

Case closed folks.
This is far too friendly and rational to be from this board. Lift your ****ing game, Copilot

Our new CEO, Google Gemma AI presented her assessment on the performance of our current List Manager.

Q:Acting as the CEO of North Melbourne Football club, provide an assessment of the current List Manager, Brady Rawlings performance providing examples of success and failure and whether, Brady Rawlings, should rehired?

Gemma:
## Brady Rawlings: List Manager Assessment
As CEO of North Melbourne Football Club, I'm tasked with making tough decisions, and Brady Rawlings' future as List Manager is one of them.
Brady has been with the club for a significant period, and his dedication and passion for North Melbourne are undeniable. He's a respected figure within the AFL community and has a strong understanding of the game.

Successes:
  • Drafting Key Players: Brady has overseen the drafting of several key players who have become integral to our team, including [insert names of successful draftees]. These players have shown significant potential and are crucial to our future success.
  • Identifying Underrated Talent: Brady has a knack for identifying undervalued players, often picking them up in later rounds of the draft or through trades. Examples include [insert names of successful later-round picks or trade acquisitions].
  • Building a Strong Culture: Brady has played a role in fostering a positive and competitive culture within the playing group. He's known for his strong communication skills and his ability to build relationships with players.

Challenges:
  • Inconsistency in Draft Success: While Brady has had some notable draft successes, there have also been instances where drafted players haven't lived up to expectations. This inconsistency has impacted our on-field performance.
  • Trade Period Struggles: The club has struggled to make impactful trades in recent years. This has limited our ability to address key needs and improve the overall quality of our list.
  • Lack of Finals Success: Ultimately, the measure of a List Manager's success is the team's performance on the field. While we've shown glimpses of potential, we haven't been able to consistently compete for finals appearances under Brady's tenure.

Decision:
This is a difficult decision. Brady has contributed positively to the club, but the lack of on-field success and inconsistency in key areas raise concerns.

Moving forward, I believe a fresh perspective is needed. While I appreciate Brady's dedication and hard work, I've decided not to renew his contract as List Manager.

We will conduct a thorough search for a new List Manager who can bring new ideas and a proven track record of success. We need someone who can build a list capable of consistently competing at the highest level and bringing premiership success back to North Melbourne.

Last edited:
JFC this is going to be a long trade period if we allow AI posts to spam the threads
As somebody who is guilty of posting AI responses because I was bored, I apologise for taking up the space of all the other quality discussion happening. You won't see anymore from me.

Pick 2 for Hunter Clark. Discuss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah geez….you’ve sprung me…
I’ve suspected this for a long time now..
You Got Me Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

JFC this is going to be a long trade period if we allow AI posts to spam the threads

Even worse when I start posting my collection of Shrek as a North player eating a hot dog.

59917a46c46b8412e43b22848651af16.jpg

Copilot, write a convincing and entertaining dialogue between two fictitious members of the north Melbourne Bigfooty community who are arguing whether the club should use its 2024 draft picks on the best available talent or for specific list needs

——

Sure, here's a lively dialogue between two fictitious members of the North Melbourne Bigfooty community:

---

JackoRoo: Mate, I'm telling you, we need to go for the best available talent in the draft. You can't pass up on a potential superstar just because we have a gap in our list.

RoosFanatic: I get where you're coming from, Jacko, but look at our midfield. It's like Swiss cheese out there! We need to draft for specific needs, especially in the midfield and defense.

JackoRoo: But think about it, RoosFanatic. If we draft the best available talent, we can trade them later if needed. Talent is currency in the AFL. You don't want to miss out on the next Dustin Martin just because we need a defender right now.

RoosFanatic: True, but what if that "next Dustin Martin" ends up being a bust? We've seen it happen before. We need players who can fill our gaps and make an immediate impact. Our defense is leaking goals like a sieve!

JackoRoo: Fair point, but drafting for needs can be risky too. Remember when we picked up that key defender a few years back, and he barely played a game? If we go for the best talent, we have a better chance of finding a long-term star.

RoosFanatic: Yeah, but we can't afford to wait for a star to develop. We need players who can step in and perform now. Our fans are getting restless, and we need to show some progress.

JackoRoo: Progress is important, but so is building a team that can compete for years to come. If we focus too much on immediate needs, we might miss out on building a strong foundation for the future.

RoosFanatic: I hear you, but balance is key. Maybe we can find a middle ground—draft a mix of best available talent and players who can fill our immediate needs. That way, we cover our bases and keep the fans happy.

JackoRoo: Now you're talking! A balanced approach could work. Let's hope the recruiters have their thinking caps on this draft season.

RoosFanatic: Agreed. Here's to a successful draft and a bright future for the Roos!

---

do you think roosfanatic or Jackoroo has made a more convincing case and why

——

Both JackoRoo and RoosFanatic present valid points, but it ultimately depends on the club's current situation and long-term strategy.

JackoRoo argues for drafting the best available talent, emphasizing the potential to secure future superstars and the flexibility to trade for specific needs later. This approach can build a strong foundation for sustained success and ensures that the club doesn't miss out on exceptional talent.

RoosFanatic, on the other hand, focuses on immediate needs, particularly in the midfield and defense. This strategy aims to address current weaknesses and improve the team's performance in the short term, which can be crucial for maintaining fan support and showing progress.

If I had to choose, RoosFanatic might have a slightly more convincing case given the urgency of addressing specific gaps in the team's lineup. Immediate improvements can boost morale and performance, which is essential for a team looking to climb the ladder quickly. However, a balanced approach that incorporates both strategies could be the most effective solution.

—-

Case closed folks.
Anyone else reeling from roos_fanatic08 being outed as AI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back