List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth a shot at Marlion Pickett.

No wait, hear me out - he averages 25 possessions.

It’s just that not all of them are his..

This AI has never seen two BF posters talk together for more than four posts in its life.

I have no doubt whatsoever JackoRoo probably would have ended up with a week off.

Not for me , why trade Powell as hes coming into his own for Rachele who has questionable commitment at the ball , a younger Sleevo with better skills
You can’t teach Ticker, unfortunately he hasn’t got it

I was hoping the singularity would allow me to spend all day creating art and discussing NMFC. Instead the AI does that while I'm in a spreadsheet 😂
The AIs even worse than we are. At least we have positions and stick to them.

The AI is about as committed as a Delta Goodrem song.

Happy Rock Band GIF by Boomerang Official

Of course, we're screaming out for mids that can break the line and enter forward 50 with ease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare me the holier than thou bullshit Nicks.

You know what undermines a culture and values? A senior coach and a senior player hanging a kid out to dry in the ****ing media.

Over what? Some mild ****ing banter.
There's players bashing team mates. Players with drug addictions and bikie debts. There's players leaking the slimey shit they do in off-season Vegas trips. This is what you hang the kid out for?

This screams a senior coach wishing he could have a problem player so that he can pretend to be a good coach in front of the media.

Get ****ed. Come home Josh

That is a huge amount of money to be throwing at a reliable but mediocre defender with a history of just the sort of BS we are trying to rid ourselves of.
No one wants to come and play for us.

We are probably needing to pay 30% overs to give ourselves a chance.

Very few people seem to understand that in this forum.

Nobody wants to come and play for us yet!
Once the narrative shifts and people start to believe that we will have a sustained run of success players will be lining up to get to us.
The thing we need to do is balance short term needs with long term goals. We need to avoid paying overs for mediocre players in the short term if it compromises our ability to attract and pay very good players in the long term.
The bulk of our team are still very young. We have to be patient. The time for offering big contracts to recruits will come.

Nobody wants to come and play for us yet!
Once the narrative shifts and people start to believe that we will have a sustained run of success players will be lining up to get to us.
The thing we need to do is balance short term needs with long term goals. We need to avoid paying overs for mediocre players in the short term if it compromises our ability to attract and pay very good players in the long term.
The bulk of our team are still very young. We have to be patient. The time for offering big contracts to recruits will come.
But what about PlaYiNg iN fRoNt Of bIg cRowDS?

I wouldn’t wanna play for you with that attitude

The idea that we can chuck our hat in the ring for an in demand player and offer them two year deal in line with the rest of comp is delusional. If we want to be getting someone like Luke Parker to North you'd imagine the conversation would have to start at 3 years at 10-20% more than the rest of the comp was willing to pay. Thats why the current salary cap system is floored, because despite an underwhelming lack of talent on our list, we still have to pay 95% of the cap meaning we can stash cash and blow other clubs out of the water with big offers to A grade players. Carlton have 5 genuine $1mil players on there list yet can still compete for the same names that come onto the market given our hands are tied with salary cap.

The media is saying that Port is offering Richards a four year deal. Should we offer 4 / 5 years / more money? For someone with potential but who has played 8 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back