List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought in the commentary today Nathan Buckley made a really good point about the Hawks bringing in players and making them better. Just this year alone these players are better:
  • D’Ambrosio
  • Chol
  • Meek
  • Ginnivan
Wizard Watson started poorly in his Rookie year with sloppy conversion in front of goal. Mitchell (one of the great dual sided kicks ever) did extra kicking sessions with him, and look at him now. They nurture, challenge and give them the tools to be better contributors to the team.

Michael Barlow is in his Rookie year as head of our development. None of these recruits have improved this year. Perhaps you can’t polish a turd 💩 after all.
  • Fisher
  • Stephens
  • Nguyon

Difference is none of the Hawks players are scared of a contest. Ginnivan willingly gets his head torn off for a kick ffs. D’Ambrosio & Chol natural games aren’t contested beasts but they don’t pull out of contests either.

Stephens, Fisher & Biggie (+ Stephenson) couldn’t get further away from a contest if they tried .

Fisher will be fine as a small forward.
He made Carltons team for plenty of games last year as one .
Gives any kids we draft time in the reserves.

About half a dozen games and then dropped. And then they dropped him for the finals getting bulk stats off half back - because they could see it was time to move past him in both areas.

God I hate shit posts like this. You realise Frost has locked down a key defender position all year for a side that has roared into finals and just flogged us by 124? Saying “nice try” like he’s just tried to sell us a Biggie or Toby Pink.

Sam Frost is a decent player who would instantly improve us. You realise how diabolically shit we are? And you’re turning your nose up at him ****ing lol get real.

The main reason Hawthorn are hitting the market hard is because Frost is 31 and Sicily and Scrimshaw undersized. They won’t keep getting away with that line up. But it’s not because Frost is some crazy shit player that wouldn’t get a game at North or some other dream you have thought up about a team that has won 15 games in 5 seasons (Frost has been in 14 THIS season alone lol)
Get ready for two months of this.

Just about every player we get linked to will be written off as ****, like we have a choice of the pick of the litter anyway.

The irony given the standard of player on our list is astounding.

Now lets get serious, if we pull off these two trades it will chance the directory of our club

Trade Pick 2 for Matt roberts + swans 2nd rounder, might need to add a sweetner on top of that for the swans to agree

Trade F1 + 22 for Jarrod Berry

Our 2 biggest issues speed and strength fixed

Watch Roberts closely, he is very protected by his teammates. Would be shown up for his lack of contest ability at North.

He’ll develop nicely but another uncontested half back flanker is seriously the last thing we need. If we draft one or trade for another one I may genuinely have a psychotic breakdown.

Do we want Clarko to have a 10 man defence consisting of McKercher, Fisher, Roberts, Tucker, McDonald, Hardemann, Stephens, Stephenson, Scott + Sheezel when needed? Ffs not Roberts or anyone close to Robert’s please

According to WHO?????!!!!!! Kane corn mass exodus 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Zurhaar signed for 5, Cobden signed, baile, sheez. Recruits in top 5 draftee Dylan Stephens and electric paced x-factor halfback zac fisher. The players will come, don't you worry the media have fed you anti north porridge... SPIT IT OUT NOW!!! 🤣

we should go get top 3 draftee Harley Bennell & electric paced x-factor halfback Rory Atkins too

You are asking supporters to accept throwing away a just turned 25 year old with 7 years of development for 2 x shiny toys that might turn out to be half as good.

It would add years to our already years old rebuild

It's ****ing bonkers mate.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, I am saying all options should be on the table. We need alot of high end talent to get out of this hole as we have the worst backline, the worst forward line and our midfield is bang average and horrible defensively.

As it stands we have 1 pick inside 20, we will need 3-4 to improve. Fact we even have to consider trading LDU is an indictment on the club.

We are 4+ years off competitive football week in week out, that’s with or without LDU.

Now lets get serious, if we pull off these two trades it will chance the directory of our club

Trade Pick 2 for Matt roberts + swans 2nd rounder, might need to add a sweetner on top of that for the swans to agree

Who the **** is Matt Robert’s?

No, I am saying all options should be on the table. We need alot of high end talent to get out of this hole as we have the worst backline, the worst forward line and our midfield is bang average and horrible defensively.

As it stands we have 1 pick inside 20, we will need 3-4 to improve. Fact we even have to consider trading LDU is an indictment on the club.

We are 4+ years off competitive football week in week out, that’s with or without LDU.
LDU isn't an option as much as X isn't an option.

Rawling needs to work some real magic this off-season, or he is as good as done in footy departments league wide imo.

He has overseen 2 tenures at different footy clubs, and both have fallen to pieces under his watch. Clayton's is another talentless hack that needs the boot asap.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s like my insta feed being full of bikini models and me telling my wife I have no idea why they are there
Ha ha ha ha, one thing comes to mind with that comment....
Tonight Show This Is Gold GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our predicament is absolutely hopeless. There is no light at the end of this tunnel.
Yes there is! From early in the year most people said they can put up with most things at the moment because of where we're coming from and all the players we got rid off, they also said, "I just want to see some improvement, a light at the end of the tunnel, something, anything, just be competitive for ***** sake"!

Now here we are, its over, our season has come to an end, so what have we learned. Well for starters, after the mid-season break, things started to change, apart from a couple of games against top teams we weren't only competitive but very unlucky to not win at least five games, do you think that the last game against Hawthorn changed anything? Do you think the Hawks game eradicated all the good efforts after the bye because if you did you are a very hard taskmaster.

In essence it did not, I'm not going to go into details because people are hurt, angry, blank, broken and despondent and don't want to hear excuses, and I get it but if you can truly look through the broken glass then you'll see what I've been seeing since that Fremantle game.

(1) Tristan Xerri, wow what a year, I guess all the posters that either wanted to trade him or sack him were a little off track!
"All Australian", selection is almost on the cards for a fabulous year, who would have predicted that?

(2) Harry, you know when most not all draftees have a great year its quite hard to then back it up the following year but back it up he did, his play at times was dare I say it Scott Pendlebury like, "time just seemed to stand still", what a player!

(3) Charlie Comben, Unbelievable year, when you consider anything he did early on, an injury seemed to crop up, can see him being quite special in our team in the future and now some people can also see why we were very, very excited by his development in those early years and what he could be in our future team, breakout year indeed!

(4) Colby Mckercher, well I've seen a few people not impressed by Colby, now after seven years of Tristan finally coming good or shall I say great and what people had to say about him I'm not surprised, Colby showed not only why we took him but that his improvement is going to get better and better, a gun young player and will be one of the players responsible for getting us to where we are going to end up, when he gets to his rightful position!

(5) Jackson Archer, you wanted a small defender well here you are people, can only get better and his knowledge and confidence will get to a point where he's a set and forget player, progressing beautifully!

(6) The inside excitement of Brayden George, Finnbar Maley, Josh Goater, Zane Duursma and Will Dawson is at a very high level and people here also saying our development was no good, better not jump ship just yet folks, its going to get real interesting in the next two years!

(7) I know I've said it quite a few times but THIS DRAFT AND TRADE/FREE AGENCY PERIOD this year is going to be the most important in our history, if we nail both of them and I think we will, this will set us up, some people have said we have got our list, not quite, some people have said that we are nowhere near it, not from where I'm sitting and yes I can hear the jokes, is it hard to hear or listen to that our list is strategically coming together at last, then watch what we do at the trade/free agency, could be compelling viewing and the draft I have a strong suspicion you might want to double that!

Yes there is! From early in the year most people said they can put up with most things at the moment because of where we're coming from and all the players we got rid off, they also said, "I just want to see some improvement, a light at the end of the tunnel, something, anything, just be competitive for ***** sake"!

Now here we are, its over, our season has come to an end, so what have we learned. Well for starters, after the mid-season break, things started to change, apart from a couple of games against top teams we weren't only competitive but very unlucky to not win at least five games, do you think that the last game against Hawthorn changed anything? Do you think the Hawks game eradicated all the good efforts after the bye because if you did you are a very hard taskmaster.

In essence it did not, I'm not going to go into details because people are hurt, angry, blank, broken and despondent and don't want to hear excuses, and I get it but if you can truly look through the broken glass then you'll see what I've been seeing since that Fremantle game.

(1) Tristan Xerri, wow what a year, I guess all the posters that either wanted to trade him or sack him were a little off track!
"All Australian", selection is almost on the cards for a fabulous year, who would have predicted that?

(2) Harry, you know when most not all draftees have a great year its quite hard to then back it up the following year but back it up he did, his play at times was dare I say it Scott Pendlebury like, "time just seemed to stand still", what a player!

(3) Charlie Comben, Unbelievable year, when you consider anything he did early on, an injury seemed to crop up, can see him being quite special in our team in the future and now some people can also see why we were very, very excited by his development in those early years and what he could be in our future team, breakout year indeed!

(4) Colby Mckercher, well I've seen a few people not impressed by Colby, now after seven years of Tristan finally coming good or shall I say great and what people had to say about him I'm not surprised, Colby showed not only why we took him but that his improvement is going to get better and better, a gun young player and will be one of the players responsible for getting us to where we are going to end up, when he gets to his rightful position!

(5) Jackson Archer, you wanted a small defender well here you are people, can only get better and his knowledge and confidence will get to a point where he's a set and forget player, progressing beautifully!

(6) The inside excitement of Brayden George, Finnbar Maley, Josh Goater, Zane Duursma and Will Dawson is at a very high level and people here also saying our development was no good, better not jump ship just yet folks, its going to get real interesting in the next two years!

(7) I know I've said it quite a few times but THIS DRAFT AND TRADE/FREE AGENCY PERIOD this year is going to be the most important in our history, if we nail both of them and I think we will, this will set us up, some people have said we have got our list, not quite, some people have said that we are nowhere near it, not from where I'm sitting and yes I can hear the jokes, is it hard to hear or listen to that our list is strategically coming together at last, then watch what we do at the trade/free agency, could be compelling viewing and the draft I have a strong suspicion you might want to double that!
Yes totally agree with you with all your points I have said all along since Clarko took over we will see steady improvement for the 1st couple of years in key areas There is nothing i have not seen to doubt what's around the corner. I think next year will be once again we improve on many things and then see a really big push in 20-26 I for one can wait and have the patients cause the rewards are endless. Flag 5 on the way.

Perfect example of dodoro style desperate magic bean trades.

I thought in the commentary today Nathan Buckley made a really good point about the Hawks bringing in players and making them better. Just this year alone these players are better:
  • D’Ambrosio
  • Chol
  • Meek
  • Ginnivan
Wizard Watson started poorly in his Rookie year with sloppy conversion in front of goal. Mitchell (one of the great dual sided kicks ever) did extra kicking sessions with him, and look at him now. They nurture, challenge and give them the tools to be better contributors to the team.

Michael Barlow is in his Rookie year as head of our development. None of these recruits have improved this year. Perhaps you can’t polish a turd 💩 after all.
  • Fisher
  • Stephens
  • Nguyon

We could’ve had D’Ambrosio and Chol. We offered them deals during the trade period. We also should’ve taken Mannagh with our 2nd pick in the mid season draft prior to him being taken in the MSD.

Three missed opportunities to go with a long list of other missed opportunities.

We could’ve had D’Ambrosio and Chol. We offered them deals during the trade period. We also should’ve taken Mannagh with our 2nd pick in the mid season draft prior to him being taken in the MSD.

Three missed opportunities to go with a long list of other missed opportunities.
Correct on all fronts. We didn't think Chol was worth the length of contract he wanted, if what Chol said about Hawthorn being the only one to offer 4 years is true, we didn't think Newcombe was the best talent or worth the 4 years he asked for, etc.

Which in hindsight is hilarious given who we've given 4+ years to recently.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call 2 of them missed opportunities if we offered them deals and they didn't what to join us I would say just a bit of bad luck and in the end it will be bad luck for them. I certainty agree with Mannagh though as i have discussed before with you a couple of weeks ago.

Correct on all fronts. We didn't think Chol was worth the length of contract he wanted, we didn't think Newcombe was the best talent or worth the 4 years he asked for, etc.

Not sure there where to many complaints at the time for who we picked Infront of Newcombe.

I wouldn't call 2 of them missed opportunities if we offered them deals and they didn't what to join us I would say just a bit of bad luck and in the end it will be bad luck for them. I certainty agree with Mannagh though as i have discussed before with you a couple of weeks ago.
Chol said Hawthorn the only ones to offer him that length of contract.

We could've had Mass in the MSD.

We either didn't think Newcombe was the best MSD in his year, or we didn't think he was worth the 4 years.

They are certainly missed opportunities.

Correct on all fronts. We didn't think Chol was worth the length of contract he wanted, we didn't think Newcombe was the best talent or worth the 4 years he asked for, etc.

To be fair I don’t think Newcombe was a realistic option for us. Jacob Edwards was the #1 for all clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back