Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don’t get Pickett, should we throw a F3 for Owies? I know nothing about the fella, but seems a good money ball option looking at his stats.
Owies looks like he applies pressure way more than his stats indicate, he's a faux small forward. Pretty much any small forward should kick goals with the Blues' twin towers down there...
And that forehead...

A lot of posters want to treat our extra first rounders as found money. Going so far as to say we got pick 10 for Schultz so it's no big deal. I disagree with this line of thinking.

If we hadn't have got the extra picks a trade would most probably still be completed and for a lot less.

It's in Richmond's best interest to stock up on talent and hit bottom before Tasmania come in. They stand to lose a lot more if it doesn't go through. This is quite clear to me but I think a few of the posters on here have fallen in love with the idea of Shai and that's a terrible place to negotiate from.
Fortunately for us fans ...the "posters" are not negotiators...just pretending
In WallBells we trust!

You heard it here first, ChatGPT believes 10 and 18 is fair:

"Shai Bolton is generally viewed as a highly valuable player, given his combination of skill, speed, and game-changing ability. In the current AFL landscape, he could be worth a top-10 pick or a combination of high picks and potentially a player, depending on the trading team's needs.

His age, potential for growth, and recent performances would also play a crucial role in determining his value. Overall, I’d say a fair deal for Bolton might involve a pick in the top 10, potentially alongside a later pick or player, reflecting his status as a key player for his team."
Well...finally... thats settled then!
Maybe turn over negotiating to Sirie?

Look at the list of winners of this award. From stars to solid AFL players.
Let's be honest there's some absolute spuds there as well. The guys from around 5-10 years ago are pretty good mostly. Not as convinced by the more recent winners so far though.

Still think Davidson is worth a look as soon as our second rounder.

Last edited:
Fortunately for us fans ...the "posters" are not negotiators...just pretending
In WallBells we trust!
You're right of course. In terms of people with actual influence the concern is whether they feel the pressure for an immediate boost given the lofty goals management have set out.

One of the best decisions the club has ever made was taking picks 2, 4 and 4 to the draft. I'm sure Drummy et al. were feeling the pressure for immediate success.

True there is spuds and you don't want to use first picks on them.

I am totally fine with us getting Davidson with our second round pick.
I also think that playing well at state league level is a bit overrated tbh. Recruiters will be looking for standout attributes.

Don't discount other mature agers later on (a second rounder is high for a mature ager) that don't play as well at state league level currently.

Apologies for the naivety, but after hearing the Hogan story (how he was injured / not quite right when he came to Freo and then we paid a significant pick price at the trade table), I assume we complete medicals on players we want to bring to the club before agreeing to the price and trade?

Would the club have completed a medical on Bolton before we get to signing off the trade?

Apologies for the naivety, but after hearing the Hogan story (how he was injured / not quite right when he came to Freo and then we paid a significant pick price at the trade table), I assume we complete medicals on players we want to bring to the club before agreeing to the price and trade?

Would the club have completed a medical on Bolton before we get to signing off the trade?
Usually yes but we signed Corbett without doing a medical L. His hip injury was found after we traded for him so it was existing.

Martin had a medical with us

I also think that playing well at state league level is a bit overrated tbh. Recruiters will be looking for standout attributes.

Don't discount other mature agers later on (a second rounder is high for a mature ager) that don't play as well at state league level currently.

Lawson Humphries and Nick Martin say G'day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's from WA.

This happens every year on here and I assume on the Eagles board as well.

The better players in WA end up playing supporting roles against men in the WAFL, usually the best players in Victoria play against other juniors in key roles where I have heard they don't tag them either by rule of convention.

The better players in WA end up playing supporting roles against men in the WAFL, usually the best players in Victoria play against other juniors in key roles where I have heard they don't tag them either by rule of convention.
Yeah sure (although not this year where multiple Vic prospects have had 40+ VFL games, presumably because they are good enough to jump past the supportive roles), but that's an aside to the point I was making.

Every year the board collectively gets excited about the top WA product/s regardless of their credentials. Sometimes they deserve it, and others they just don't. Devon Robertson comes to mind.

Bolton: Lot of discussions on Shai, he's keen to get back to WA.
Gone in with a strong offer, draft is strong. Some negotiation to go.

Warner: Sydneys player for next year.

Brayshaw: Discussions progressing positively, should go well over the next couple of the weeks. Rest easier when the contract is done, but see investment in the club from Andy & Liz.

Longmuir: Speak to Garlick. Made ground, consistency improved, everyone is burning.
All of the last 4 games we were in it, but weren't good enough.

Football Department: Coaching announcements coming in the next few weeks. Huge respect to Boyd. Murphy replacement may be a different role, but will replace with someone in that leadership space.

Pearce: In discussions to extend.

Bolton: Lot of discussions on Shai, he's keen to get back to WA.
Gone in with a strong offer, draft is strong. Some negotiation to go.

Warner: Sydneys player for next year.

Brayshaw: Discussions progressing positively, should go well over the next couple of the weeks. Rest easier when the contract is done, but see investment in the club from Andy & Liz.

Longmuir: Speak to Garlick. Made ground, consistency improved, everyone is burning.
All of the last 4 games we were in it, but weren't good enough.

Football Department: Coaching announcements coming in the next few weeks. Huge respect to Boyd. Murphy replacement may be a different role, but will replace with someone in that leadership space.

Pearce: In discussions to extend.
They ask about if there was anyone else besides Bolton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back