Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard yesterday on trade Radio that Carlton rate Motlop highly and are hanging on to him
He's got one more year left on his contract. He's often mentioned as a reason why they might be letting Owies go, despite his strong year. But we should be (and I think are) in his ear and building the attractiveness of coming home to Freo.

There's heaps of time to do some hefty wheeling and dealing though. Richmond are playing the cards under the hairs and right off the nipple. So it's hard to gauge how their plates are spinning. We get Bolton deal done in the next day or two and game on.

Sydney too are awfully quiet at this stage, so they sound like they're primed to batten down the hatches as far as Warner goes. If we see them swoop on someone big it could give this year's chase a bit of a pulse.
This is some writing, right here.

I still don't really understand any of it, but you had me in with "nipple" and then sent it into orbit with the mention of spinning.

Spinning nipples. For my sins, I am picturing Wallsy with some tasselled pasties.

If the Shai deal fell over and Warner & Kozzie weren't on, why not use 10 & 11 and ontrade 18 to get into next year's draft. Sounds silly to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Richmond are one of those in the line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think it's to get 11 off the table and secure a second 1st for next year for Warner.
Can't see it happening if Bolton is on. We'd be mad not to take a first into this draft.

He's from WA.

This happens every year on here and I assume on the Eagles board as well.
Here is the recent list of 1st round WA player de jour on here and my take at the time:

2016 Sam Petrevski-Seaton - Did not want (I wanted English)
2017 Aaron Naughton - Did not want (Endorsed decision to go with better credentialled mids)
2018 N/A (only top prospect was Clarke, went before our pick)
2019 Deven Robertson - Did not want. Was all over Young and Serong in particular (before it was cool)
2020 No real consensus. I seem to have avoided putting my opinion in print that year. What a weasel.
2021 Erasmus - Did not want. I think I wanted Hobbs and Amiss. (So 50% WA then)
22 and 23 - No picks

So I think it's fair to say I'm close to the opposite of a serial "I want WA player X" poster. I do want Allen.

I want to see us pick up another. We are at that stage to take a chance on a high risk, high reward type. Sign Stringer for two years. Probably come over here and get on the piss, but like Hawks picking up an overweight Dew back in the day..just have to roll the dice.
Get on the piss .......he is Muslim now

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back