Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see a world where Richmond isn’t last next year tbh.

Got a feeling that we’ll see slight improvement from West Coast and North Melbourne tbh but still wouldn’t be surprised if the bottom three is unchanged.

If a team really implodes bottom two is somewhat possible for other teams. I see Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda as the most likely candidates.
I would do Essendon - shit draft hand this year with 9 and 30.
Losing Stringer and possibly Shiel …
I would trade our 11 for their future 1st and 2nd

Trading a pick does nothing to convince Warner

It actually might make us worse next year which has the opposite effect

If we draft berry at 11 and he plays like wizard Watson then we go further into finals, convincing chad to come here for a shit at success
Using the leftover 1st rounder at the draft is a must. Bolton and Berry would be perfect.

Knew I forgot someone - Throw them in the group of teams that could implode with the worst list of the bunch! (Still better than the likely bottom three).

Obviously applies when the trade window is open

Me waiting for a trade to drop, refreshing various sources pages every 20 mins or so:

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips

Our drafting and trading almost does itself the next few years.

10 + 18 for Bolton
11 on Lindsay

R1 + F1 for Warner
Match bids on Toby Whan (outside mid) and Basil Hart (small forward)

Match bid on Lucas Robinson (inside mid)

I think if we are serious about getting Warner we need to trade a pick this year for an extra first rounder next year. Otherwise the Eagles could offer their first rounder and a F1 which would be better than ours

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think if we are serious about getting Warner we need to trade a pick this year for an extra first rounder next year. Otherwise the Eagles could offer their first rounder and a F1 which would be better than ours

If Chad wanta West Coast we can't compete. He has to choose Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are trying move up or alternatively trade 9 for two later picks. They have Kako who is around the 9-11 mix for a bid. They will have no interest in 11. Possibly the least interest of all 18 teams.

It doesn't matter if he chooses Freo. Same as it wouldn't matter if we had picks 1,2 and 3 and he chose West Coast.

Missing out on Bolton will be the greatest blessing in disguise.
In recent times we have been reasonably successful in identifying and developing talent through the draft.

Pick up Owies with a late pick, swap a first rounder into next year. Pick up two elite young players in this year's draft.

It may not be what Chad wants, it may be what the Swans want and if we have 2 first rounders next year that gives us a leg up on WC.

What Chad wants is the only thing that matters. This isn't the NBA. Teams can't trade a player somewhere without them agreeing to it.

Anyone know who The Chad grew up supporting? Would love to drive a pro-Freo narrative.
Geelong but Freo was definitely his WA side not that it probably means anything these days. He is one of those guys that enjoys playing sport rather than watching it. I would be surprised if he actually watches any AFL games apart from the one he is playing in.

Have I missed much over the last 25 pages?

Surely WCE aren’t paying a first rounder for Baker? It would be delicious. But surely they haven’t gone that far into poor management?

Bolton at a standoff until Monday or Tuesday? Long trade period meaning deals are tabled week one and done week 2. Yawn.

Anything new with Kozzie?

The optimism thread is going to be a thing of beauty when this is all done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back