Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

"Shai mate, we know you can kick goals but we need to see the young guys in there. Your role is to take their best defender to the boundary over and over again"
Could be anything. I don't think it would have been that.

Could be defensive pressure or chase, or positioning. who knows?

They'll likely drag it out to the very end now, they need the ratings.
I read an interview on the AFL website with the gold coast list manager and he let the cat out of the bag, he said he doesn't expect much to happen until trade period begins on Wednesday.
The thing is a farce, all these guys could get it done in one day of actual trading

I read an interview on the AFL website with the gold coast list manager and he let the cat out of the bag, he said he doesn't expect much to happen until trade period begins on Wednesday.
The thing is a farce, all these guys could get it done in one day of actual trading
I mean they used to do it exactly like that didn't they? Trade period used to be a few days maximum? Then they saw dollar signs and realised they could profit.

I mean they used to do it exactly like that didn't they? Trade period used to be a few days maximum? Then they saw dollar signs and realised they could profit.
It's actually this weekend bullshit in the middle where nothing happens that's most irritating. Just run it Wednesday to Friday or if they must, Monday to Friday max

We have 3 under 21 KPDs already. I'm sorry, but it's insane

For what it’s worth, Tauru in the top 10 talk would be more based on the view of him as a Weddle or Sicily type. Not as just a KPD. Might even be a better forward.

Not saying I’d draft him for us. But I wouldn’t say he’s a KPD.

Wednesday afternoon

It's one of the biggest AFL stories at the moment so the AFL are happy to drag it out.
It works doesnt it.
Thousands of Bf tragics like us thrashing the servers subliminally absorbing the ads for an extra week...
Time to chill if we can.
"worrying wont change a thing"
I tell myself....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris said this other day on SEN that several people in the industry felt the trade period was too short!

The second weekend break for me is the most annoying thing when it’s late in the piece. Start it the Wednesday after GF day and finish the friday the following week. Would make great Friday night pub conversation as the window closes at 6pm on the Friday.

Sell half the farm?
Oh...we have to take the baker too?
OK.
I can see if the eagles can’t secure Baker that we might get him thrown in with Bolton for our 3 first rounders by Richmond.

Bolton ain’t worth two high picks imho.

Will Bolton improve us from 9th to top 4 next year?

It would suck to miss out on Bolton but at this point it might be worth it to see the Tigers not end up with the massive draft haul the media have been gloating about.

Pick 6 is on the table for Dan Rioli. DAN RIOLI. Not Cyril and they want more. 10 and 18 is there for Bolton and that's not enough...

They want a mid first for Baker...
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
I trust WallsBell to get us Bolton...
Leave it to the professionals...

Reckon they’ll drag Houston and Cotton on Smith to the last day. They’ll be the “showstoppers”
You can just see the headlines now...

Last minute trade flurry has seen 4 superstars find new homes for the 2025 season. All the drama as it unfolded below:

"Freo's frantic trade finished as Dockers get their man."

"Its raining Dogs at the Cattery as Geelong secure Smith."

"Barrass is now in the brown and Gold and Baker has traded the Black and Yellow for blue and yellow."

I can see if the eagles can’t secure Baker that we might get him thrown in with Bolton for our 3 first rounders by Richmond.

Bolton ain’t worth two high picks imho.

Will Bolton improve us from 9th to top 4 next year?
Hes better than someone on the list you would think...
Better than half the list more like it.
Whats the X factor worth?
Everything in September if you can get there!

Kane on the footy furnace - very strong that Freo should not pay more than 10 & 18.
  • his house in Carnegie is already on the market
  • he’s absolutely not going back to richmond
  • just sit and wait, for Richmond to accept out already generous offer of 10 & 18
  • highlights some stats showing how Bolton really checked out in 2024 compared to 2023

Damo Barrett reckoned 10 & 30 was enough!

Kane on the footy furnace - very strong that Freo should not pay more than 10 & 18.
  • his house in Carnegie is already on the market
  • he’s absolutely not going back to richmond
  • just sit and wait, for Richmond to accept out already generous offer of 10 & 18
  • highlights some stats showing how Bolton really checked out in 2024 compared to 2023

Damo Barrett reckoned 10 & 30 was enough!
Got to be the first time I've ever agreed with Kane

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back