Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane on the footy furnace - very strong that Freo should not pay more than 10 & 18.
  • his house in Carnegie is already on the market
  • he’s absolutely not going back to richmond
  • just sit and wait, for Richmond to accept out already generous offer of 10 & 18
  • highlights some stats showing how Bolton really checked out in 2024 compared to 2023

Damo Barrett reckoned 10 & 30 was enough!
Bolton has been talked of as a superstar. Paid as the next Dusty and played very inconsistently.

Yet they want us to pay as though he has had a top line season. He hasn’t. Was it a good season and is he talented? Yes. Was his season inconsistent? Yes. He isn’t in our top seven players, but he could add a lot to the team.

Very hard to value. I got my first ever infraction points in 18 years for screenshotting posts from their board to the trade thread. Didn’t know that was a rule as I spend 99% of my time here. Anyway, the vitriol and rating of his season is clear if you take a look.

And Baker isn’t worth a first rounder let alone pick 11. If Richmond want more than 10 & 18 they can have our third rounder.

Kane on the footy furnace - very strong that Freo should not pay more than 10 & 18.
  • just sit and wait, for Richmond to accept out already generous offer of 10 & 18
  • highlights some stats showing how Bolton really checked out in 2024 compared to 2023

Remember Caroline Wilson laughing at the thought of Bolton being two 1st rounders.

10 and 18 is very fair. Probs too fair but I feel we’ll add a future 3rd on top too.

I always like to value the player independent of other components in these type of deals.
Thats what any half-competent list management team would be doing in this instance.

So what’s Noble worth as a stand alone pick?
I’d say pick 40 in this current, deeper than normal draft, is a reasonable price.
For example, would you be happy of John Noble was selected with a pick inside 40 in this draft by our club, which is in a similar position to Gold Coast in terms of list profile and flag window?

I wouldn’t.

Pick 23 is egregious (what Collingwood seem to be valuing him at).

Pick 13 & 23 in exchange for the Pies F1 and pick 40 (my nominal value for Noble) is a terrible trade, for the suns.
I think Noble is worth a little more than 40. I’d have him around pick 33-37. Where you pick him in the draft is irrelevant and it is especially irrelevant for Freo and myself. Gold Coast obviously will pay a higher price (as they want him as their starting HBF) and I feel they prob would pick him around 29 which by the time that selection is used with be around pick 35.

35,F1 > 13,29

I agree 23 is too high. I also agree that 29 is pushing it but their next pick is 41 which won’t get the deal done. Therefore pick 29 gets the deal done. Gold Coast want a Future pick. Collingwood may well rise but other than Houston what is changing there. Nothing much. They still have an average KPF group. Therefore say they finish say 6th or lower and that future pick isn’t any worse and may be better than 13.

We just wait as it looks like we have nothing else on. Bolton for 10-18 is more than fair and is our goal. 11 should be off the table unless they kick in significant late 1st picks or pay. We can always take 10-18 to the draft and trade out 11 on draft night. Nths 1st may be up for grabs and likely get F3 thrown in for academy points.

10 is being seriously undervalued and the Tigers supporters are delusional about what they should be getting from all these trades. 10 and 18 is more than fair. Win win for all parties.

200.gif

Footage of Walls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we absolutely must hold on to 11 to secure Bo Allan. I know I’ve previously spruiked going for Alix Tauru, but seriously Allan is a player! He has all the speed, x-factor and athleticism we want, is a good size and also has some much needed mongrel. There’s one tackle he lays on Jai “shit-truck” Culley in the WAFL game v WCE and absolutely destroys him. I’m all in on Allan.

No late leaks on a Sunday breakthrough from Bolton

My Monday prediction is getting shaky
To be fair we've had like no leaks throughout this whole thing. Every day it's "Fremantle believed to have offered 10 & 18. Richmond believed to want 10 & 11." Even the recent "leaks" about all three for Baker and Bolton came out well before Baker even nominated WC.

To be fair we've had like no leaks throughout this whole thing. Every day it's "Fremantle believed to have offered 10 & 18. Richmond believed to want 10 & 11." Even the recent "leaks" about all three for Baker and Bolton came out well before Baker even nominated WC.
I'm basing my prediction off previous years, whole reason I picked the Monday after the weekend to begin with (lots of people on here were thinking it was almost done before the period started)

I haven't watched any Draft videos but all this talk of Berry I had to have a look. Is it just me or does he remind you of Jayden Pitt?

Reckon we absolutely must hold on to 11 to secure Bo Allan. I know I’ve previously spruiked going for Alix Tauru, but seriously Allan is a player! He has all the speed, x-factor and athleticism we want, is a good size and also has some much needed mongrel. There’s one tackle he lays on Jai “shit-truck” Culley in the WAFL game v WCE and absolutely destroys him. I’m all in on Allan.
Why though? He has no spot in the team. It would be similar to a gun key defender or KPF being available.

We need to plug holes, not get best available for once.

Would Carlton be dumb enough to give us 12 & 14 for 10 (they get a more competitive pick for Houston) and we give pick 30 + a later.

We then hold 11, 12, 14 and 18.
Carlton are only interested in trading right up the draft order for Finn O’Sullivan. Moving up to 10 will not achieve that desired result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back