Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

The club continues to basically publicly say, 11 8s off the table and every pick swap proves their point more. I'll be disappointed if they fold now

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 10 and 18 for Bolton, 10 and 11 for Bolton and Baker.

Baker is really worth an early 20’s, Bolton is over at 10 and 18

This deal has like three different massively lopsided elements in Freo's favour that make it unworkable. But most crucially: if you think Melbourne are trading out their 2nd highest goal scorer for 2024, a 23 year contracted through til 2027 for 20 + an f2 you are dreaming.
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 10 and 18 for Bolton, 10 and 11 for Bolton and Baker.

Baker is really worth an early 20’s, Bolton is over at 10 and 18
In the incredible bizarre world Baker actually falls through to us, its clearly 10, 11, 18 with something in the 20s coming back, regardless of how we all rate Baker

10 & 30 IMO is laughable and I think anyone who's watched enough Bolton footy knows that.

Respectfully you've probably not seen him play enough. I think he'll contribute really well to Freo. The two of them together would really make Freo an interesting team to watch for me and I think they might help push top 4-6.
Yeah it's laughable but I'll bet that the idea has been floated by Freo to Richmond. Freo want best deal and Richmond don't want to hold on too long before some picks possible go elsewhere.

From your (Freo fans) perspectives, are there any conditions on which you would agree to 10 + 11 + 18 for Bolton + Baker?

Example; if Richmond pays significant portion of Bolton's wages. Maybe 24 coming back your way?

No.

Baker has nominated WC. Why would he change his mind now? He can't be sent to a club against his wishes.

Baker is a decent player however I don't know he would add anything special to our team. Unlike Bolton who would add something special to any team.

Am I crazy or at the end of that Brierty interview did he say “bring the player in to the Claremont footy club”??

Might have just been a fuzzy radio or my old ears have copped too much death metal in my time, but I’m sure that’s what he said.

We want Baker because he's good at football. He's still very fast, he's a hard worker, he's good at quickly making bold decisions. His kicking efficiency admittedly looks terrible on paper. Well, Hayden Young went at 60.1% KE this year. Taking risky options and trying to pick out dangerous targets ruins you on paper, but we can't all be Luke Ryan at 90% KE from long bombs. Our last kick of the score chain has been the problem for years, and Baker would be a huge improvement on anyone else we could play at half-forward other than Treacy and Young and maybe Switta, all of which we need elsewhere.

Ignore the flashy stuff and notice how often he takes an absolutely jaw-dropping pinpoint accuracy disposal to keep the play alive. That is what we need at half-forward. He will also kick some goals for us which will be nice.

11 for 17 and a F1.

Who says no??

Based on the Melbourne, Essendon trade Geelong would need to add more. I expect Geelong to finish top 4 next year

Essendon gives pick 9 and a future third-round pick

Melbourne gives pick 28, 40, 46, 54, 65 and its future first-round pick
Normally I'd say you're dreaming but some of the pick swaps this year make me think that my normal understanding needs to be thrown out the window this year.

I'd do it btw. I can't see how a pick 11 is every worth two picks around 12-18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I'd say you're dreaming but some of the pick swaps this year make me think that my normal understanding needs to be thrown out the window this year.

I'd do it btw. I can't see how a pick 11 is every worth two picks around 12-18.
Because 12-18 next year is not the same as this year apparently

Am I crazy or at the end of that Brierty interview did he say “bring the player in to the Claremont footy club”??

Might have just been a fuzzy radio or my old ears have copped too much death metal in my time, but I’m sure that’s what he said.
Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s what I heard!!wtf

Because 12-18 next year is not the same as this year apparently
Understand that's the reasoning but it's not like next year is an expansion draft.

I still expect the top 20 to be very good picks.

Just to add another point to the above the trading of future picks two years in advance might be somewhat pointless btw - 2027 is the year before Tasmania comes in so I'd imagine that unless you're a really sh** team clubs will see first rounders as second rounders. If 2025 is seen as a weaker draft picks in 2026 will be very very valuable.

I don’t care how much they rate Baker. You don’t give up pick 11 (worth a first, two seconds, and two third rounders in this draft apparently) for an out of contract 27 year old role player. Two second should be enough for him.
Yeah but no current first rounders. Future pick values are discounted even in a normal year, let alone this one.

Don't understand this at all.

Houston is only worth pick 13, but we should pay 10 and 18 for Bolton.

Only Fremantle and Gold Coast would pay 10 and 18 for him. It is silly chasing contracted players, and then offering lots at the start
Pretty similar to what happened with Clark.

Be clear and reasonable with what you value the trade at and hold firm, but be open to what presents itself during negotiations. Be prepared to walk away

Understand that who you are trading with is also invested in getting the deal done and also want the optics in their favour.

Ignore the media speculation. Don't get caught up in the illusion that they spin.

Accept that all trades don't get done, and have a Plan B. And we do have a fantastic Plan B

We want Baker because he's good at football. He's still very fast, he's a hard worker, he's good at quickly making bold decisions. His kicking efficiency admittedly looks terrible on paper. Well, Hayden Young went at 60.1% KE this year. Taking risky options and trying to pick out dangerous targets ruins you on paper, but we can't all be Luke Ryan at 90% KE from long bombs. Our last kick of the score chain has been the problem for years, and Baker would be a huge improvement on anyone else we could play at half-forward other than Treacy and Young and maybe Switta, all of which we need elsewhere.

Ignore the flashy stuff and notice how often he takes an absolutely jaw-dropping pinpoint accuracy disposal to keep the play alive. That is what we need at half-forward. He will also kick some goals for us which will be nice.

I love him as a player, but for the same reason we need to pay overs to get Bolton, we should be paying unders to get Baker.

11 is massive overs for Baker, I think a lot of people would be keen for baker if it cost a 2nd rounder especially in this draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back