Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t for the life of me understand why everyone at the club rates Baker that highly they’re obsessed with him
He’s finished high in the b&f every year for Richmond. Basically matching Switta’s output for us this year but for 4 years in a row.

That’s pretty decent for a role player so he instantly improves us with Bolton and we have a real chance at winning the whole thing in 2025.

Typical Essendon, trading out of the superdraft for lots of pick in another one.
Sucks for them, They did this because they expect a bid for Kako to come before 9, and it was too hard to trade up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks for them, They did this because they expect a bid for Kako to come before 9, and it was too hard to trade up.
I wouldn't feel sorry for them at all. They've just got themselves and extra first rounder even though it's next year and will still get Kako and likely have points left over to take additional picks in this year's draft.

They'd probably rather a pick before Kako but three first rounders in two years is exactly what a list lacking talent really needs.

I’m guessing something similar to the Jackson trade.

10, 11, F2 -> Bolton, 51, F4

Just don’t think Freo can get it done for anything less and we obviously have committed to him so will have to get the trade done.
The very worst it would be is 10+11. We have come out and said that we would walk away. You do realise that 10+11 is a value at pick 2??

The Jackson trade was 15+F1+F2 > Jackson > 41, 57

Jackson is worth much more in a trade than Bolton and also this current draft is much higher rated than the Jackson draft.

Just based on your trade the equivalent would be:
11+F1+F2>Bolton, 51, 61
As we can’t trade out F1/F2 together and 51 is much higher than 41, the equivalent trade would be more like:
11, F1, 30 > Bolton, 24, F4
Even then 11 is much higher than 15 obviously so really the equivalent trade would be:
11,F1 > Bolton, 24

All this stuff going on is posturing and keeping us all engaged. Richmond want 10+11 and we have offered 10+18.

Your deal if you replace 11 with 18 will be closer to the mark:
10,18,F2> Bolton, F3 (from another club), 51

I’m assuming Richmond manage to get in one of their other many trades an F3.

24 plus a bit of salary I'd do. Dunno how much as it's hard to know how these things work.

Not sure Baker actually comes to us though after nominating WCE
He wants WA and nominated WCE as his preferred club. Doesn't mean he won't play for Freo.

10, 11, 18 and 30 for Bolton, Baker and 20 still keeps us in the first round. We need a first round pick to satisfy AFL drafting rules

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Deal from me. Better to just get crap done instead of bickering like my divorce.

Do you think we had an idea that all these pick swaps would be happening and waiting it out before committing 10/18 to Bolton.

May be a chance to swap 11/18 around for a few f1 etc and just float the idea of Bolton being a 10 & 30.

Do you think we had an idea that all these pick swaps would be happening and waiting it out before committing 10/18 to Bolton.

May be a chance to swap 11/18 around for a few f1 etc and just float the idea of Bolton being a 10 & 30.
10 & 30 IMO is laughable and I think anyone who's watched enough Bolton footy knows that.

I can’t for the life of me understand why everyone at the club rates Baker that highly they’re obsessed with him
Respectfully you've probably not seen him play enough. I think he'll contribute really well to Freo. The two of them together would really make Freo an interesting team to watch for me and I think they might help push top 4-6.

Baker will get to WC. They’ll all go down on the FOXTEL viewing timeslot on Wed afternoon/evening. With player managers and List Managers running around to create heightened tensions.

Do Geelong need to get up the board for Smith? Maybe our 11 would be attractive to them.

I’m not all than keen to drop from 11 to 17, but surely there’s a pick (not sure if Geelong’s F1 is too much) which sweetens it up? Even if we have to throw F2 back?

And wouldn’t mind checking if Brad Close can be thrown in somehow. He’s no Kozzie, but he’s better than what we’ve currently got.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

11 for 17 and a F1.

Who says no??

Based on the Melbourne, Essendon trade Geelong would need to add more. I expect Geelong to finish top 4 next year

Essendon gives pick 9 and a future third-round pick

Melbourne gives pick 28, 40, 46, 54, 65 and its future first-round pick

Do Geelong need to get up the board for Smith? Maybe our 11 would be attractive to them.

I’m not all than keen to drop from 11 to 17, but surely there’s a pick (not sure if Geelong’s F1 is too much) which sweetens it up? Even if we have to throw F2 back?

And wouldn’t mind checking if Brad Close can be thrown in somehow. He’s no Kozzie, but he’s better than what we’ve currently got.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
yeah given what Melbourne have given the Bombers we could make out like bandits there, and given their age profile, they’re ones who could drop done the ladder dramatically. Even with Rohan, Tuohy and Hawkins going they’re quite old

I get it, it's just his best hasn't been seen recently in a poorly performing side. I imagine the club see's Bolton (position need) and Baker (intensity and mongrel) as integral to add to what we already have on field. I tend to agree, although I'm put off by Baker choosing WCE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back