Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my take but I think people are other-thinking this.

And I genuinely think players care less about this year after year, as long as they're on the right money and in the right state etc.

If he grew up a WCE supporters he probably just defaulted to them when McQualter was made coach but I really don't think it matters.

Players have must less loyalty to clubs these days. They're all friends and love each other. They largely don't hate other clubs and players, don't get into punch ons at the pub anymore etc.
If you are coming home it's fairly natural to want to go to the club you and your family and friends supported. Add to that things like higher salary, potential captaincy and the like, it's a fair decision.

Ur point about the possibilty that we've gone past peak Bolton already is underappreciated by many on this board. If we knew we were going to get 4-5 years of peak Bolton then he is worth 10/18 generally and to us a bit more than that because we are in the window. But it is not likely we will get 4 years of peak Bolton.

Why is it not likely? He broke out in 2022/23 and it would be reasonable to expect he returns to that form and even improves on that.

More so not keeping up with the latest boards. Hart was WA's u16s MVP last year and was part of this year's National Academy team as a bottom ager. Was defo rated very highly late last year/early this year. Hasn't had the best WAFL colts form though, which meant he didn't make the curtain raiser game this year.

He's too stay-at-home fwd which isn't a role you're gonna flourish in playing for a poor WAFL colts team. Also feels like he's in that awkward phase where players regress immediately after a growth spurt. More experienced draft watchers will know better the history of those types that have a better u16 year than u17: I imagine some of them get it back, others fall off entirely, some somewhere in btwn.
Dropping below pick 40 means we just add him to our list with our next available selection. Could be pick 200 - it doesn't matter. That or Category B rookie would be ideal for one of them.

Of course after that Hart is free to show us he's actually Eddie Betts 2.0.

Reaction GIF

Man, I'm torn on what we should do if the Tigers don't budge. Losing pick 10 and 11 sucks but not having Bolton next year also really sucks.

I hope this is just a big game of chicken and if we hold firm, the Tigs will cave for picks 10 and 18 just before the buzzer. I do really, really want us to keep 11 to draft Berry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be able to hold out easily. Richmond will not be able to countenance having to take a disgruntled Bolton back and missing 2 first round draft picks.

It may be the last thing done though, although that doesn't matter after 6 days of nonsense.

They cave and we win or they don't and we have awesome picks clubs will fall over themselves to buy off us
This is true but I'm also of the belief that we are very close to the window, and when that window is close you have to jump when the chance is there.

I don't want to wait 12 months for a chance in Chad or wait 36 months for the picks to develop into contributors.

Last edited:
Man, I'm torn on what we should do if the Tigers don't budge. Losing pick 10 and 11 sucks but not having Bolton next year also really sucks.

I hope this is just a big game of chicken and if we hold firm, the Tigs will cave for picks 10 and 18 just before the buzzer. I do really, really want us to keep 11 to draft Berry.

Bolton will be a huge positive, but it’s also not a negative if we don’t get him. It just means that the easy plug-in isn’t there, and others will need to step up.

It’s not the end of the world if we don’t get Bolton. I still think it gets done though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back