Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

We blinked first....hope Walls was taken out to a few dinners.

Would hate to see what we considered a walk away price....and please don't compare this deal to the one west coast did yesterday - we shouldn't compare ourselves to historically bad.

Having got that off my chest, it will be good to watch Bolton, he definitely fits a list need and hopefully it all works out!

Last edited:
You just proved my point. The reason there was no chat about Bolton to WC is because they didn’t have the trade capital to do it. I agree all the chat has been Warner to Freo but you just watch how that changes if WC get an extra F1st in the Barass trade and we don’t trade for a future first as was expected before the trade period. As I said people who think WC having way more draft capital to use on Warner doesn’t matter are delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s literally only relevant if Warner is ambivalent about where he goes.

(He won’t be)

The F3 is a sneaky good pick. It's pick 37 before bids and with the new bidding system it won't actually move much if at all.

Don't mind the trade at all even if I would have liked to stay at 11
The 3rd rounder was a thank you gift for helping out with the Baker to eagles deal to put pressure on them ;)

I'm OK with the trade.

But watching this guy and Amiss kick set shots next year is going to give me an aneurysm.

They are both skillful enough to get past the yips so lets hope they can.

We blinked first....hope Walls was taken out to a few dinners.

Would hate to see what we considered a walk away price....and please don't compare this deal to the one west coast did yesterday - we shouldn't compare ourselves to historically bad.

Having got that off my chest, it will be good to watch Bolton, he definitely fits a list needs and hopefully it all works out!
Trade was right in the middle of both offers, maybe they blinked first considering he was contracted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m fine with this deal. Would’ve been nice to keep that pick in front of WC but we need Shai (at his best) for the now. I’m not convinced Bo Allan offers us what we need, and a top draft pick doesn’t help us in the “now” anyway. We’re at that stage of our build where we need the cream, and most times that means you need to pay slightly overs anyway. I was fearing that we’d just cave and give 10, 11 and 18 to Richmond, so to get 14 back is still a good result going forward. Hell remember all the players we’ve ever picked up late. Fyfe was 21, Ballas, Ryan Sandi etc etc were all late. Provided Bolton brings his best just getting him to the club is the important X factor we need.

If we wanted Berry at 11 I’m sure tigers have said they ain’t drafting him there and in between 11 14
Eagles got 2 small forwards plus malakai coming in don’t need another one
Bulldogs have west and that diving little **** and desperately need defenders and young mids

We should still be able to draft Berry + gain points for nga next year

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 8.45.54 AM.png

Just a glimpse at how much better pick 37 is next year compared to this year, pick 47 onwards is basically a non factor for points, especially with the list spot rules

Clubs will be aiming for picks in the late 20s to early 40s next year

It's going to be much harder to accumulate points, so its handy to have some banked (we can also use our F2 or F3 to move up this draft if possible this year now too)

People worrying about Warner should think back to the Cerra trade.

Other clubs (Melbourne from memory) had the currency to give us a better deal but the nomination meant we had to accept 6 and change.
Aye??

Think your confused , was actually the other way round .. he preferred MELBOURNE but didn’t choose them because of exactly that - they didn’t have enough to get a deal done

I'm OK with the trade.

But watching this guy and Amiss kick set shots next year is going to give me an aneurysm.

They are both skillful enough to get past the yips so lets hope they can.
Focusing on the most recent results and forgetting that up till this year Amiss was one of the most accurate forwards in the competition. It's much more likely that he returns to his accurate ways than continues to spray them.

We're lucky to have three of the most accurate forwards in the league in Treacy, Amiss, and Sturt. All are well above average.

View attachment 2143753

Just a glimpse at how much better pick 37 is next year compared to this year, pick 47 onwards is basically a non factor for points, especially with the list spot rules

Clubs will be aiming for picks in the late 20s to early 40s next year

It's going to be much harder to accumulate points, so its handy to have some banked (we can also use our F2 or F3 to move up this draft if possible this year now too)
Would love it if Richmond would bid on Ashcroft at 1, don't think they will though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back