Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

People say there was no incentive for the Tigers to do the deal early, but really that's so short sighted. They basically haggled for days and days for it to essentially turn into a few extra grams of trade captial.

Richmond could've just done the deal for 10&18 early last week and had a whole lot more time to do other deals.

Rip Bailey Banfield.

We got one of the elite centre forwards in the comp. I'm stoked.

View attachment 2143865

Article than says.

Richmond offered 10,11,18 for Bolton and 14 on Tuesday. Freo said no, we need more.

West Coast made play on Wednesday.

Richmond then add F3 to deal proposed on Tuesday.

Freo agree, trade done.
Eagles play made Richmond concede what we wanted.

Thanks for coming.
Sounds like payback for forcing them to pay more for Baker to me.

Anyway, back onto West Coast:

Worth noting that the big difference makers in recent years, game breakers, or players that have won grand finals have been top 5 picks (WC just gave up a guaranteed Top 5 pick): Bontempelli (Pick 4), Petracca (Pick 2), Daicos (Pick 4), Dusty (Pick 3), Ashcroft (Pick 2). Could add De Goey (Pick 5) and pre-drama Oliver (Pick 4, was crucial in the Dees premiership)

Hopefully they instead get another mediocre player (Chesser) with their pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First trade period in a while our future 2nd isnt traded off if I'm not mistaken.
looks to be the first one since 2020. I'm not sure we've used our own second round pick without it being used in some form of trade since 2014 (2015 we used it but only after trading it back and forth with GC)

I'd go as far as to say we got the best player in his role in the comp.

Sure, the price was huge, but I think it's worth it. Bolton makes us so much more damaging as a forward line and as a midfield.
Basically him and Rankine are 1 and 2 in the role. He's genuinely elite and I cant wait to watch him work in our team. It's going to be so ****ing good

Happy Bolton Day Freo
Happy Dance GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back