Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond have heaps to do, so I'd expect at least one of their deals done early to give them time (whatever that means) for the rest.

I can say pick 6 + 13 for Rioli or we'll keep him in 15 seconds but apparently it takes Blair a week and a half to get that out.
Pressure is on them.

Tasmania is coming in 2027 and Richmond needs to get young talent.

If they want picks 10,11 then need to give something we can use and same goes with wanting picks 6,13 from the Suns. Plus the Baker deal depends on Barass trade.

he didnt 'jump' at going to sydney. GWS was the only team that was willing to throw him a lifeline in the end. had interest from a few clubs originally, including going back to the dees, all pulled out and was only offered a one year deal with the giants
Basically because Bell did the equivalent of leaving him dangling him out there like a mattress on the front kerb with a "Free" sign on it. People hesitate taking it based on the implications of that, no matter how premium the brand.

Too Risky. Only reason why we got Collingwood 1st was because they couldn’t go higher, we kinda lost on the Port Future trade
Not risky at all if it’s for Warner swans will want 2 firsts in next years drafts rather then a future. Melbourne are genuinely shit their players don’t want to be at the club. They lack leadership and direction. Will 100% be worse next year no risk involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will a future 3rd or 4th round pick even be worth anything of value to help match Whan and Hart? I feel like they'll push out so late, they will carry no points.

Will a future 3rd or 4th round pick even be worth anything of value to help match Whan and Hart? I feel like they'll push out so late, they will carry no points.

The F3 and F4 would be if Richmond do poorly next year and Whan isn't the first played bid on. The picks all come in ahead of us and suddenly out picks are points.

Yeh totally agree that the deal will get done, full confidence that Walls knows what he's doing. I'd rather it drags than risk we blink first. I was just making the point that I think we do "need" Bolton as much as any team needs a player this trade period.
Bolton has a huge potential to be transformative, but definitely is not the only possibility to really transform the list to the next level. The age factor and internal development is also huge. I'd also think finding a elite decision maker/kick off halfback could be massive too.

The F3 and F4 would be if Richmond do poorly next year and Whan isn't the first played bid on. The picks all come in ahead of us and suddenly out picks are points.
A high F3 is still in the late 30's before matching bids blow things back later. I would be interested to see where the last couple of early F3's begun in the draft order. By the time you're at pick 40 it's only worth 238 points and drops away to nothing by pick 55 which is the beginning of round 4.

Those future 3rd and 4th round picks have far less value from this season onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back