Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys on the late trade saying could even be 11 & 30. The microwaves down Richmond way will be busy if that goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd be staggered at that.

Also wouldn't expect us to trade out any meaningful (i.e. R1 or R2) future picks because #chadlocked and NGA.

Basically because Bell did the equivalent of leaving him dangling him out there like a mattress on the front kerb with a "Free" sign on it. People hesitate taking it based on the implications of that, no matter how premium the brand.
He was contracted for another year and we told his manager to test the market ... like Carlton have done with Kennedy and Essendon with Stringer.

Any club could have offered anything. That only GWS were interested was:
(a) because they had just lost Cameron
(b) Hogan's previous two years were absolute dogshit. He went 5 games straight without a goal in 2021 and couldn't beat Tabs for a spot in the team
(c) he had just shown himself to be incapable of following directions from his employer due to an embarrassing court case where he broke WA's COVID laws despite being told by the club to make sure he obeyed the law just before he returned to WA.

TL;DR: he was offering nothing on the football field and only embarrassment off it.

A high F3 is still in the late 30's before matching bids blow things back later. I would be interested to see where the last couple of early F3's begun in the draft order. By the time you're at pick 40 it's only worth 238 points and drops away to nothing by pick 55 which is the beginning of round 4.

Those future 3rd and 4th round picks have far less value from this season onwards.

I don't expect Richmond's third round pick to be that poor, but still back enough that lots of picks ahead of it in the draft will be chewed up matching bids.

For us, the bids beyond about pick 36 don't require points at all to match, just next pick anyway

I’d like them to get that trade done with Brisbane, because if we’re giving up 10 and 11 I want 20 back
Pretty confident that it isn’t 10,11. Freo have been consistent on that since beginning.

Either 10,18 plus later swaps.

Some talk something like 10,30,F2

The second option would work based on the high demand being placed on Pick 11.

Reading AFL.com clubs are coming hard for 11 because 13 seems to be tied to Collingwood.

Melbourne are so keen on 11 we might be able to get F1 and 28.

F1, F1, F3, F4

I don’t think there would be many on here that doesn't think Wallsy has this in hand whatever the outcome. Heck he’s ultimately the guy who’s put us in a very strong trading position.
Obviously it’s going to come down to Richmond playing ball and some of that we can’t control, but I am certain that Walls knows better than any of us couch warriors what is best for us, and has the track record to back that up.
It’s just finding the patience!!
Say that again ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think that playing well at state league level is a bit overrated tbh. Recruiters will be looking for standout attributes.

Don't discount other mature agers later on (a second rounder is high for a mature ager) that don't play as well at state league level currently.

I would love nothing more than to just be able to tell Richmond to fck off and keep Bolton. Just to shut up all the arrogant Tigers supporters demanding 10 and 11. But I REALLY WANT BOLTON.

10 and 18 gets it done sometime next week.

This along with us supposedly having the Bolton deal all but wrapped up this early, and us keeping favourable picks, leads me to believe Pickett will be a Fremantle Docker, start the car (copium)

Dees couldn't be flip-flopping any more of a mess if they tried!! Really hope this is true, could open the door for a 'surprise' move for Pickett, where for once, Fremantle is the recipient, the receiver...not the giver! Melbourne fast becoming a rag n' bone outfit...

Can’t believe we are still talking about the fact Bo Allan is from WA as if that’s a reason to select him.

It should have nothing whatsoever to do with the decision. I mean like, zero percent consideration.

I have faith that Wallsy and co aren’t that dumb to select him just because he’s from Peel though.

Lets leave the nuff nuff stuff when it comes to WA draft talent to Chris read on X and the boys from the purple reign podcast.
It does have some background though, it has been publicised that Freo has shown a lot of interest in Bo and have interviewed him on several occasions. We were in a great position to understand his talent this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back