Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

If y'all are so bored then there's no excuse for you to not vote for your favourite game preview.

Has he ever got something right? I only know CTD to actually know stuff

The Tim Kelly gossip for starters.

was due for a bum steer I guess

Wouldn't be surprised if we are waiting until Wednesday afternoon for the Bolton trade to go through. As far as I can tell, there is a live broadcast of the closing hour or two on Foxtel. Maybe another stream on the AFL website? They want drama. Even if contrived. The AFL even refer to it on their own website as " the prime-time finish on the final day now an established part of the wheeling, dealing and drama."

My prediction is the only trades that happen before Wednesday are Peatling, Noble, Macrae, Parker, Stringer, that sort of thing. Barrass and Baker maybe. Can see the Smith, Rioli, Houston and Bolton trades being pushed to the last hour.

I don't think it will be that bad.

I'll ignore the 2023 trade period because the biggest trade that year was probably Shultz. So I'll look at the 2022 trade period which went from the 3rd of October to the 12th

2022 notable trades
Tim Taranto gets traded on the 3rd
Griffin Logue gets traded on the 4th
Tanner Bruhn gets traded on the 7th
Luke Jackson gets traded on the 10th
Isaac Rankine gets traded on the 10th
Jason Horne-Francis and Willie Rioli gets traded on the 10th
Brodie Grundy gets traded on the 11th
Jack Bowes gets traded on the 11th
Jacob Hopper gets traded on the 11th
Josh Dunkley gets traded on the 12th
Tom Mitchell and Oliver Henry get traded on the 12th

So assuming Geelong and the Dogs continue to fight a draw over Bailey Smith ... with no trade he would go to the draft.

Should Peter Bell go back on Trade Radio and declare that we are absolutely keeping #11, will not trade it at all, on the half-chance we could draft Smith.

Just for the excitement.

Whilst I don't expect Richmond to be seen to be too anxious to get trades done they do seem ok to suggest to their fan base that they are going to have a great draft hand. The reality is they can't have one without the other.
The situation for Richmond is that they have some player assets that they can turn into a very good draft hand provided they can work with the clubs wanting to acquire those assets. The value they attach to Rioli (6 plus) and Baker (14) in particular are ludicrous. There is likely to be some serious disappointment coming their way with that.
Richmond are coming off a convincing wooden spoon season with players wanting out in droves, their coach will be under serious pressure in 2025. It would be in their interests to be reasonable at this point rather than returning to the old "eat your own alive" Tigers of old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFL Live Blog:

SYDNEY has been very quiet during this trade period, but could they be up to something behind the scenes?

Thanks for that.
season 8 episode 10 GIF

Dare I ask, is trade radio on over the weekend? I'm working so I need some help to get through. Clearly in desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

Whilst I don't expect Richmond to be seen to be too anxious to get trades done they do seem ok to suggest to their fan base that they are going to have a great draft hand. The reality is they can't have one without the other.
The situation for Richmond is that they have some player assets that they can turn into a very good draft hand provided they can work with the clubs wanting to acquire those assets. The value they attach to Rioli (6 plus) and Baker (14) in particular are ludicrous. There is likely to be some serious disappointment coming their way with that.
Richmond are coming off a convincing wooden spoon season with players wanting out in droves, their coach will be under serious pressure in 2025. It would be in their interests to be reasonable at this point rather than returning to the old "eat your own alive" Tigers of old.
They've oversold the dream to their supporters. All the pressure is on them. We don't need to pay overs. They will fold like a deck of cards for 10 and 18 or risk their supporters fury. They all seem to think Bolton isn't a big loss because hes 100% checked out, but then they're also expecting massive overs for him 🤷

Would it surprise anyone if trades were done long before the end of trade week and the 'tension' is all manufactured AFL bullshit?

Continental/Maccas/Rheem/etc don’t want too much action too early. I bet their advertising agreement includes clauses about getting maximum excitement towards the end of the period.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back