Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

2 hours. Speed dating framework.
18 seats around a table and have at it.
And there is a giant clown hat with Dorodo on it. The boss with the worst trade offer has to wear the hat till one surpasses it or they shift their position.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I watched your last game v Port. It was your lack of 22 players wanting to win more than the opposition. I think you dropped the ball on Baker, if you had both Bolton and Baker you’d be extremely hard to beat.

Bolton will make your inside 50s worth a lot more and if he reaches his potential he’ll be a top 5 player in the comp… so **** Warner. We’d be happy a player like Bolton wanted to come to us and pay the price. You got lucky getting pick 10 and 11, why risk losing an elite player over 7 spots in the draft. Bolton wasn’t a first round pick, Warner wasn’t a first round pick… don’t take your chances, take what’s there right now!
You will be happy to take 13 for Rioli instead of 6? After all it’s only 7 spots in the draft

I watched your last game v Port. It was your lack of 22 players wanting to win more than the opposition. I think you dropped the ball on Baker, if you had both Bolton and Baker you’d be extremely hard to beat.

Bolton will make your inside 50s worth a lot more and if he reaches his potential he’ll be a top 5 player in the comp… so **** Warner. We’d be happy a player like Bolton wanted to come to us and pay the price. You got lucky getting pick 10 and 11, why risk losing an elite player over 7 spots in the draft. Bolton wasn’t a first round pick, Warner wasn’t a first round pick… don’t take your chances, take what’s there right now!
It isn't my decision. I would be happy to give up 10 and 11 with something good coming back but our midfield drop off and their kicking into the fifty is often garbage. So while he will be better able to make something with the tripe we sometimes dish up to our forward line, he won't be able to make up for our midfield disappearing and being noncompetitive at times ( less often than last year to be fair). He is a piece, not the whole solution . Hopefully having Noddy back will help our midfield a little. And maybe our coaches will ensure we have enough run by using someone more dangerous and hard running than we have been using as a sub.
As for Baker, he chose West Coast. Couldn't have done more than what we did. Good contract offer and the begging bowl out. More than I wanted, to be honest.

10,11,18 for Bolton is neurotic.

Last edited:
Walls and Bell need to let the Richmond stooges know that it's our FIRST AND FINAL OFFER.

Why? I wouldn’t mind giving up 10 and 11 if we got 14 back. We could trade 18 into next year and take 14 to the draft.

Richmond have so many picks that the ones out of the first round will be worth cents in the dollar to them come draft day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? I wouldn’t mind giving up 10 and 11 if we got 14 back. We could trade 18 into next year and take 14 to the draft.

Richmond have so many picks that the ones out of the first round will be worth cents in the dollar to them come draft day.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It won’t be just 10,11 > 14, Bolton

10,11,18 > 14,24, Bolton

I can actually cope with that if they are so obsessed with 10,11.

Given they don’t have 14 there is a fair bit of water to go under the bridge.

Otherwise walk away at 10+18 and a later pick upgrade sweetener.

Could be 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton and 14?

10 and 11 too much
10 and 18 not enough
But 10, 11, 18 for Bolton and 14 could be the sweet/sour enough spot for both teams
As per above, add 24 and it’s palatable.
10.11.18 for Bolton, 14,24.
Still think we’re better off leaking that we’re offering 10 + 18 to Melbourne for Pickett as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back