Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

If the rumour mill of us throwing all three first rounders for the Baker / Bolton combo is correct - surely we would ask for something back ?
I think the ideal for that scenario is

Dockers - out 10,11,18,30
In Bolton, Baker and 20

That way we still have a first round pick this year. Would alleviate any issues around using a first round pick if we end up offering 2 years worth for the Chad next year.

Am I being too optimistic here?
Other option is

Dockers out 10, 11 and 18
In Baker, Bolton and Tigers Future2

At least would give us some ammo for the Chad (or Kozzie)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would suck to miss out on Bolton but at this point it might be worth it to see the Tigers not end up with the massive draft haul the media have been gloating about.

Pick 6 is on the table for Dan Rioli. DAN RIOLI. Not Cyril and they want more. 10 and 18 is there for Bolton and that's not enough...

They want a mid first for Baker...

If the rumour mill of us throwing all three first rounders for the Baker / Bolton combo is correct - surely we would ask for something back ?
I think the ideal for that scenario is

Dockers - out 10,11,18,30
In Bolton, Baker and 20

That way we still have a first round pick this year. Would alleviate any issues around using a first round pick if we end up offering 2 years worth for the Chad next year.

Am I being too optimistic here?
Other option is

Dockers out 10, 11 and 18
In Baker, Bolton and Tigers Future2

At least would give us some ammo for the Chad (or Kozzie)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove 30

I wonder if North do a deal with Richmond to get the Dan Houston deal done that strengthens them accepting our offer. Richmond trade 6, 10 and 18 to North for 2 and F1?

So North slide 4 picks this year and trade F1 next year to get 10 and 18 to satisfy Port for Dan Houston.

Bolton and Rioli net Richmond North's first two picks for next two years.

I honestly think if you want to spend any draft capital l, yet alone a top 15 pick on a KPD you should be shot out of a cannon. Its the most non-sensical thing I've ever heard on here.
Exactly. We have plenty already. Just were unlucky Macdonald and Cox went down with long term injuries in round 1. Draper showed a lot and Davies is developing nicely. Murphy also highly rated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have read through all the phantom drafts and no one can seem to agree on players outside the top 8 so not sure who will be available at our pick. The players around pick 11 are mostly midfielders which are great to have but no real point of difference compared to our current midfielders. The small forward options are pretty solid but don't expect a Kozzie or a Watson type of player which is the type we are crying out for. I wouldn't be opposed to moving it into next year if a team like North was keen. I'm more excited at the potential players Wallzy and Woodland will find outside of the top 20.

You look at those 4 club deals and one just doesn’t even come close to fair value for GC

Can you guess which one?… obviously players who play for a big VIC club ,their abilities become instant A grade the minute they look to trade them out…
Collingwood but Bulldogs aren’t far behind.

Look an F1 alone prob doesn’t get the deal done. Collingwood thought so much of Noble they dropped him for the Prelim/GF in 2023 and early rounds of 2024 but he found his way into the team as a regular and better than solid running half back flanker. I’d say a second round pick is around the mark for contracted Noble.

The GC suns have rejected the pick 23 inclusion but will likely settle for pick 29 being included.

13,29 > Noble, F1
Richards, 13, 36, 55 > Houston, 39

Exactly. We have plenty already. Just were unlucky Macdonald and Cox went down with long term injuries in round 1. Draper showed a lot and Davies is developing nicely. Murphy also highly rated.
Only a few weeks ago extended Murphy’s contract. We aren’t in the market of KPD. Draper has a bit of versatility to play third tall or even swing forward in time. We also have Chapman who is 193/194cm and is more third tall also with some view to play wing. Luke Ryan has also played tall. So KPD options (not incl. Ryan):
Pearce, Cox, Draper, McDonald, Chapman, Davies, Murphy = 7.

Collingwood but Bulldogs aren’t far behind.

Look an F1 alone prob doesn’t get the deal done. Collingwood thought so much of Noble they dropped him for the Prelim/GF in 2023 and early rounds of 2024 but he found his way into the team as a regular and better than solid running half back flanker. I’d say a second round pick is around the mark for contracted Noble.

The GC suns have rejected the pick 23 inclusion but will likely settle for pick 29 being included.

13,29 > Noble, F1
Richards, 13, 36, 55 > Houston, 39
I always like to value the player independent of other components in these type of deals.
Thats what any half-competent list management team would be doing in this instance.

So what’s Noble worth as a stand alone pick?
I’d say pick 40 in this current, deeper than normal draft, is a reasonable price.
For example, would you be happy of John Noble was selected with a pick inside 40 in this draft by our club, which is in a similar position to Gold Coast in terms of list profile and flag window?

I wouldn’t.

Pick 23 is egregious (what Collingwood seem to be valuing him at).

Pick 13 & 23 in exchange for the Pies F1 and pick 40 (my nominal value for Noble) is a terrible trade, for the suns.

Out of curiosity can someone who has followed the young draftees give me a list of possible draftees for pick 11
Not who you want to pick but a group that the rest of us can make our own call who we like
Cheers much appreciated

I always like to value the player independent of other components in these type of deals.
Thats what any half-competent list management team would be doing in this instance.

So what’s Noble worth as a stand alone pick?
I’d say pick 40 in this current, deeper than normal draft, is a reasonable price.
For example, would you be happy of John Noble was selected with a pick inside 40 in this draft by our club, which is in a similar position to Gold Coast in terms of list profile and flag window?

I wouldn’t.

Pick 23 is egregious (what Collingwood seem to be valuing him at).

Pick 13 & 23 in exchange for the Pies F1 and pick 40 (my nominal value for Noble) is a terrible trade, for the suns.
Asking and answering your own questions is...
Awkward Donut GIF

(weird)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back