Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s absolute bullsh** Brisbane and Gold Coast will get their players for those picks.

It shouldn’t be possible for the premier to match pick 1 unless they trade something very significant (future first/s, gun player etc.). They’ve traded out absolute **** all to get to where they’re at. It’s a disgrace.

Essendon I can kind of live with because their not getting top 20 draft picks for free pretty much every year.
I’m not sure exactly how it all works or if this idea could work , but….
Why couldn’t the AFL keep using the same
Points system they have except if a player is bid on in round 1, the club has to match with picks that include a round 1 pick.

Just for round 1 only. So they still get to match a round 1 pick they just don’t get away with multiple rubbish picks. Be an interesting draft night plus some pick swaps for clubs with an early pick.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last time I have a definitive opinion and look stupid but ill go on a limb and say this shapes as one of the worst trading efforts for a club ever.

They've been ****ed by Hawks into trading pick 3 for 12, Baker and Matt Owies - two late 20s players between eh and delist worthy when they are rebuilding...

It's utterly insane

Eagles are hoping to shoot up the ladder. Pyke, Woosha, Mini in the Richmond years. Lesser extent Schofield at Subiaco. These are guys who expect success being served to them on a platter. Self entitlement.

Splitting 3 in this draft is a Connoly/Schwab thing. Reminiscent of 2001 for us. Absolute fools.

It wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last time I have a definitive opinion and look stupid but ill go on a limb and say this shapes as one of the worst trading efforts for a club ever.

They've been ****ed by Hawks into trading pick 3 for 12, Baker and Matt Owies - two late 20s players between eh and delist worthy when they are rebuilding...

It's utterly insane
I've read that the rebuild doesn't start until they get the picks for Harley

If it's #3 for #12, #24, Baker and Owies it's not terrible.

But WC still coughing up a lot.

But how do we feel about #10, #11 and #30 to Richmond for Bolton, #14 and #51?
What do you mean it’s not terrible splitting pick 3 to give pick 12 or 14 to Richmond for Baker is disgusting, and also hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back