Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Make no mistake. Freo laying a marker of pick 11 (real or not) has absolutely rattled Eagles.

Hilariously, our marker has become their reality. Bakers ego has become their problem. Baker wanting to see Tigers compensated fairly. Our pick 11 marker.

It’s actually too funny.

This should be as simple as Eagles offer pick 26 or F2. Maybe a small shuffle with later picks.

It’s as if they’re still trying to compete with us and win his signature.

I rate Baker. Just the valuation was off. Think he may quietly surprise Eagles supporters next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he very quickly became one of their more reliable and better players.

Quietly disappointed he couldn’t see the light.
Baker is just a novelty act for WC to try and distract their rabid supporters from the shit show that is engulfing them

He’s the loyal Kelpie who’ll run himself ragged to give the happy clappers something to cheer about .
Meanwhile anyone with a clue will just be shaking their heads that they not only have barely any picks this year but traded their future ones out for a 27 year old who’s come back for a superannuation top up .

I rate Baker and always have as a player but this just makes no sense for WC

Make no mistake. Freo laying a marker of pick 11 (real or not) has absolutely rattled Eagles.

Hilariously, our marker has become their reality. Bakers ego has become their problem. Baker wanting to see Tigers compensated fairly. Our pick 11 marker.

It’s actually too funny.

This should be as simple as Eagles offer pick 26 or F2. Maybe a small shuffle with later picks.

It’s as if they’re still trying to compete with us and win his signature.

Richmond could’ve just threatened to redraft him in the PSD. Wouldn’t happen in practice I would’ve thought but the possibility is there and that might be enough for West Coast to trade more for him.

The option of Baker going to the National Draft isn’t an option for West Coast unless they do a trade like this as we’d just draft him with Pick 18 if we still had it.

The power Richmond has in this hypothetical is why the AFL claims the PSD still exists btw.

Richmond could’ve just threatened to redraft him in the PSD. Wouldn’t happen in practice I would’ve thought but the possibility is there and that might be enough for West Coast to trade more for him.

The option of Baker going to the National Draft isn’t an option for West Coast unless they do a trade like this as we’d just draft him with Pick 18 if we still had it.

The power Richmond has in this hypothetical is why the AFL claims the PSD still exists btw.

But pick 26 or an F2 is a perfectly reasonable but slightly unders offer. Which is expected when out of contract. It’s not - walk him to the PSD worthy of rejecting.

This is an ego thing by Baker. It’s backfired for West Coast.

I met with Simon Ross who is a journalist from the Guardian. He was telling me Peter Bell runs a secret program from within Cockburn: Operation Silent Dock

According to Simon Ross, we never wanted Baker. It was all a ruse. We offered Pick 11 so the Eagles would be forced into sacrificing their picks.

It'll be a long time before those Eagles are rocking again.

Wait for their deal to drop.

But…

Which club is most stupid if this goes down?

Eagles because… well it’s horrid

Or

Tigers for letting pick 3 slip, in what seems like the most obvious way to achieve that pick by dealing with us first?

Like I said. Need to wait for it to drop. But there just has to be levels to this that haven’t been fully speculated. GCs pick 6 somehow? Something!?

Not having watched it unfold live and only watching the melts in retrospect, my guess would be that it's the beginning of a bigger deal. 12 & 14 for 3 isn't so bad in itself and Owies is just steak knives.

Maybe there's a 4th club involved with WC, Car & Rich and it turns out to be us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having watched it unfold live and only watching the melts in retrospect, my guess would be that it's the beginning of a bigger deal. 12 & 14 for 3 isn't so bad in itself and Owies is just steak knives.

Maybe there's a 4th club involved with WC, Car & Rich and it turns out to be us.
12 and 14 is unders and not great trading. As a rebuilding club, to make up some of the value lost on a 28 year old small forward no one wanted and then spend almost half the capital on a 27 year old role player is beyond abysmal. It's just flat out horrific stuff.

I can't wait to hear Ellis talk about it on HBG.

I dont know who to be sad for...
Tough choice for her to make...
to him shes just a number, to me shes the only numb
awkward fedora GIF
er

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back