Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, JL doesn’t give a rats ass about pick 11. It’s no use to him in the first 10 games next year.

There isn’t a bigger conflict of interest in AFL footy than senior coaches wanting players over picks.
To be fair to JL, last year we flipped Shultz & 2 x 2nd rounders into this year which is basically turning into Bolton. That was player currency that would have made us finals in 2024 but did it for the long term. He’s earned the right to spend it this year.

To be fair to JL, last year we flipped Shultz & 2 x 2nd rounders into this year which is basically turning into Bolton. That was player currency that would have made us finals in 2024 but did it for the long term. He’s earned the right to spend it this year.

Nothing to do with j Lo

I love this from Port.

It was bad trade for them. Houston should be worth a decent first and a 2nd.

The key elements of the three-way deal that Port Adelaide have rejected.

• Collingwood hand over its future first-rounder, Noble and Richards but secure Houston from the Power and also get back a pick in the 50s likely to be taken in the 40s on the night of the national draft.
  • Port Adelaide hand over its future first-rounder and Houston but secure picks 13, 29, a future third rounder and Richards, with Suns rebounder Rory Atkins to also get to the Power.
  • The Power would be able to consider splitting pick 13 with one of the many clubs interested (Sydney is offering picks 19 and 22) so could end up with 19, 22 and 29 for Houston in an elite draft.
  • Gold Coast hand over picks 13, 29 and Jack Lukosius to the Power but will secure both Port Adelaide and Collingwood’s future first-rounders and Pies defender Noble

Just a left field idea. Kennedy from Carlton? I don’t know player profiles too well from other teams but aren’t him and Baker similar? He is looking for better opportunities..if we rate Baker why not a guy who always plays good against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So looking very much like the deal is confirmed as 10 18 and 30 for Bolton and 51 with 30 going back to Suns to unlock 23. Seems quite expensive, but I suppose it might be the cost of keeping 11.

Alternative could be to send an F2 for a pick in 40s from someone (eg Essendon) and send that and 51 to GC. I assume GC just want points.

So looking very much like the deal is confirmed as 10 18 and 30 for Bolton and 51 with 30 going back to Suns to unlock 23. Seems quite expensive, but I suppose it might be the cost of keeping 11.

Alternative could be to send an F2 for a pick in 40s from someone (eg Essendon) and send that and 51 to GC. I assume GC just want points.

That’s not the way o read that tweet. 10 amd 18 and around chmond shuffle something back to Gold Coast, not us

Nah stuff that. 10 and 18 is the deal, if they need 30 they can trade 24 for 30's pick and a future 2nd.

If we don’t trade 11 to Norf, I actually do not mind 10 and 11 and 30 for Bolton and 14.
Take 14 and 18 to the draft instead of 11 and 30.

Richmond csn send 30 to GC

Yep.
Everyone just assuming we add 30 to 10 and 18. Still high probability.

I’m with you.

Take the 3 spot downgrade from 11 and allows you to keep 18.

14 and 18 still provides flexibility and some decent bids will come.

So would we rather carlton pick the next paddy dow or pick someone good to really rub it in how much west coast ****ed up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back