Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fine man, if we are already a top 4 team next year we won't need him.

"When" he joins the Eagles, will they instantly become a top 4 side?

Kozzie might be a touch cheaper as well. ;)
Totally agree , I’m just little bemused by people almost acting offended at the mere mention chad might choose WC over us .

I mean let’s just start ticking off boxes on our side first- talk about being successful ,well we didn’t play finals this year either and have done only once in the last 9 years- sure with the addition of Bolten and list profile we SHOULD be right amongst it but there’s a bit more to get right yet than just playing squad (coaching and leadership first and foremost ) .

Also we can’t just be making finals 💯 we should be looking at a pre lim appearance all things equal.

With all that said yea I’d prefer pickett anyway so if he’s the “consolation “ then happy days!

Yeah I get the whole prefer to play for a winning club but I really think alot on here are being a bit ignorant when it comes to chad potentially choosing freo over WC

You all keep looking at as fans , Warner will do what’s best for him and his family and major component of that will be cash, especially as if it’s true he’s basically going to be underpaid massively per his output next year and year already gone

Sure you ll sacrifice some cash for success but their offer is going to be north of million over and above ours , nothing surer - plus likely better after football deals.

moneys not everything but it’s nearly everything
Not really. It won't be much more than 10 per cent annually (5 per cent after tax). That doesn't outweigh professional success and family factors for most people, especially not high income earners.

1729058810526.png
They joke about this shit, but you can honestly see them doing it. They sold the farm for Tim Kelly and that didn't work. They put all their eggs in the H.Reid basket when they could have traded the pick and loaded up like Richmond have this year anticipating being in the middle of a rebuild during some pretty compromised of drafts.

You can absolutely see them selling everything off to get Chad through the doors and for what, a few extra attendees at training, some more back page real estate on the West Australian and very little net gain.

Either he comes and plays for us, or he doesn't. Either way, we win.

An alternate opinion. We had money for Bolton + Baker + chasing Warner + Brayshaw extension. We just saved 600k on Baker. Eagles have signed some big deals lately like Waterman reportedly 1M. Oscar Allen FA next year. Reid can be on 700-800k in his third year due to the additional service agreement, plus his next extension offer. They have a pretty senior team.

They should clearly have more money to offer but are they really going to blow us out of the water financially?

Totally agree , I’m just little bemused by people almost acting offended at the mere mention chad might choose WC over us .

I mean let’s just start ticking off boxes on our side first- talk about being successful ,well we didn’t play finals this year either and have done only once in the last 9 years- sure with the addition of Bolten and list profile we SHOULD be right amongst it but there’s a bit more to get right yet than just playing squad (coaching and leadership first and foremost ) .

Also we can’t just be making finals 💯 we should be looking at a pre lim appearance all things equal.

With all that said yea I’d prefer pickett anyway so if he’s the “consolation “ then happy days!
I understand mate, and I'm not arguing with you just to be clear.

You're absolutely right, who cares if he does go to WC, I've said it about a dozen times on this page alone, it doesn't really matter anymore. We have a team that should be contending already, so we should be focusing on that rather than trying to lure a player away from a team that, even with him, should barely be a blip on our radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. It won't be much more than 10 per cent annually (5 per cent after tax). That doesn't outweigh professional success and family factors for most people, especially not high income earners.
Yes more tax but it’s still more MONEY!!

Also he can get a good accountant (not Snuffaluphagus ) to set up some other business’s where he can make a loss /minimize tax , negative gear etc
-And as I said “opportunities “ outside of football

But again your still looking at it from merely a fans perspective/opinion , maybe he does value those things above cash but then MAYBE he doesn’t?

It’s just not as cut and dried as people think

I understand mate, and I'm not arguing with you just be clear.

You're absolutely right, who cares if he does go to WC, I've said it about a dozen times on this page alone, it doesn't really matter anymore. We have a team that should be contending already, so we should be focusing on that rather than trying to lure a player away from a team that, even with him, should barely be a blip on our radar.
No. I want to collect them all.

Pickett is coming too.

An alternate opinion. We had money for Bolton + Baker + chasing Warner + Brayshaw extension. We just saved 600k on Baker. Eagles have signed some big deals lately like Waterman reportedly 1M. Oscar Allen FA next year. Reid can be on 700-800k in his third year due to the additional service agreement, plus his next extension offer. They have a pretty senior team.

They should clearly have more money to offer but are they really going to blow us out of the water financially?

Surely Eagles let Allan go for a top 5 pick.

It makes so much sense.

by anybody at all

hes out of contract, we have enough picks if he nominates us and money isnt the be all end all for everyone
All he needs to do is what Baker did and say he wants Swans well compensated.

Outside of this board there are plenty who don't think he is Fremantle bound. This year while we held 10 and 11, sure. Next year is a different story. Our future picks will sit in the Tasmania rain shadow, and if we aren't sitting in top 8 we are borderline a basket case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back