List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we hear this every year, I think it's because of his laconic style that people think he's unsettled but then year after year he gets selected as the captain.

I love your info mate but I reckon this one is well wide of the mark.
Thats fine.

I’m confident it will be somewhere on the green.

Whether it’s Steele or His agency. Someone let it be known he was available

Anyone miss Gresham? Collard is still a question mark, but I much prefer having him on our list, because Gresham looks like he is well past his best.

We need to sign up Sharman.

Collard is still what he was a year ago, a potential gun.
Gresham is still only 26, and i was one of those saying he might be a better forward than a mid.
Nope , with StKilda's lack of mids he was a better mid than what he's demonstrating as a forward for the Bombers.

Thats fine.

Im convinced he is not fan of RTB, but hopefully thats as far as it goes. We can hardly afford to lose our captain and go to midfielder.

Last edited:
Im convinced he is not fan of RTB, but hopefully thats as far as it goes. We can hardly afford to lose our captain and go to midfelder.
My opinion.

I don’t think it’s that he isn’t a fan.

But I don’t think he enjoys how direct Ross lays the challenge on his leaders.

My opinion.

I don’t think it’s that he isn’t a fan.

But I don’t think he enjoys how direct Ross lays the challenge on his leaders.

I tend to think that not many disagree about what RTB is asking.
But some find themselves lacking.

You compared the situation to DeGoey.

It isn’t

De Goey wanted to stay a pie. They didn’t want to meet his contract terms. So we stepped in and he was nearly a saint. Until the pies agreed a deal he wanted.

The battle situation is not the above and that was your comparison.
Wrong, again.... I mentioned De Goey as an example of a player who stayed at his club despite not signing in the middle of the year. Which, if you go back to original comment I replied to, was something along the lines of Battle is gone because he didn't sign mid year.

Anyone miss Gresham? Collard is still a question mark, but I much prefer having him on our list, because Gresham looks like he is well past his best.

Not having Gresham's salary and turnovers going into 50 already made getting rid of him a win, regardless of how Collard ends up

James Peatling:
28 disposals (4th)
18 contested possessions (game-high)
6 intercept possessions (6th)
11 tackles (game-high)
8 clearances (2nd)
5 inside 50s
3 score involvements

Our midfield is doing ok now, but surely we are still considering this guy for cheap?

Technically I know we drafted Collard with the Gresham pick but to me Henry is the Gresh replacement. Playing basically the same role next to Butler and Higgins. Collard is almost like a free swing.

I’ve been critical of the guy, but maybe he’s starting to see the Lyon way may not be so bad after all…

Ross was also very complimentary of Steele's season in his press conference, noting how much of a load he's taken on with no support and how our aim is to get some quality around him to help him out as soon as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Peatling:
28 disposals (4th)
18 contested possessions (game-high)
6 intercept possessions (6th)
11 tackles (game-high)
8 clearances (2nd)
5 inside 50s
3 score involvements

Our midfield is doing ok now, but surely we are still considering this guy for cheap?
the old future second specialty ;)

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's pretty noticeable that Jones is finally playing within his limitations which is evident by his last two games.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Early days, and I’ve been hard on him lately, but thought Bonner played within his limitations today/tonight, and was able to show a bit of burst at times. Decision making was much better. If it’s been knocked out of Dougald, can definitely happen for others too.

Ross was also very complimentary of Steele's season in his press conference, noting how much of a load he's taken on with no support and how our aim is to get some quality around him to help him out as soon as possible.
Which is exactly why we are reportedly targeting Shiel and to a lesser extent Oliver. People just have to understand that experience is so important especially throught the midfield, no matter the talent.

I think it's pretty noticeable that Jones is finally playing within his limitations which is evident by his last two games.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm a Jones knocker. Happy for him that he's back in the team, but I just think he has some of the worst body language I have ever seen. Anytime someone doesn't give him the ball when he thinks he should get it, he throws a mini tantrum.

Might be a slightly above average player but his attitude and leadership for the younger guys is the reason we should just cut him if we can't find a trade.

Thats fine.

Interesting that Ross spoke a fair amount about him in his presser. Finding him more good support.
He’s been pretty much a lone hand for a long time in a far from ideal midfield. Would be enough to demoralise even the most optimistic person.

If you're losing Crouch and Ross, I don't mind Shiel as a dirt cheap option for a year. As well as Jones is playing (and I really hope he keeps it up), it only takes an injury to him and another midfield or two and we're very light on. Keep developing the kids but make sure they have the right senior players around them.

With the team performing list cull decisions are going to get harder

You can’t cull everyone who is getting a bit older ( mature bodied and experienced)
But a couple of those guys will need to go as well as a couple of young blokes who have the potential to get better if given another year

But at least 6 will need to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back