List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

People here won't be happy until there's absolutely no banter left.
there's plenty of banter Sully, but we see far too much that is angled at the poster rather than what has been said. This should be a place where opinions are welcome and differing viewpoints considered, without personal attacks

I wonder if Michito could play the Battle role? Similar physical traits, certainly has the hunger for the contest, would just need to develop the defensive smarts. Might leave a forward spot open for Membrey if Owens is down back.

There'd be some 3rd forwards around the league dreading that matchup.

Last edited:
I wonder if Michito could play the Battle role? Similar physical traits, certainly has the hunger for the contest, would just need to develop the defensive smarts.

There'd be some 3rd forwards around the league dreading that matchup.
Doubt it. Battle uses the ball really well which is what you need coming out of the back line. Owens can’t execute those kicks.

there's plenty of banter Sully, but we see far too much that is angled at the poster rather than what has been said. This should be a place where opinions are welcome and differing viewpoints considered, without personal attacks

People finding this hilarious "So good to get the media on the board with what I said here months back" isn't really an attack though

It's not an opinion. It's a pat myself on the back thing... again (and again and again).

And did someone actually report someone having a dig about it? FMD

But you guys will do what you're gonna do.

TIM MEMBREY

After a dozen years in the system, Saints tall Tim Membrey could be on the move to a third club – still with plenty to give in front of the big sticks.

His 2024 season produced 30 goals from 19 games, including a five-goal haul from 23 disposals only weeks ago in Round 19 against West Coast.

Despite this, he may be best suited to move out of Moorabbin with plenty still to unfold for Ross Lyon’s list management this off-season; despite five delistings and a free agency request.

“He wants to know that he’s very much in St Kilda’s plans, and the feel from St Kilda is: ‘We don’t mind if you look around’,” Ralph revealed.

“As soon as you hear that, (you think) ‘they don’t love me, and so I’ll find a club that will’.

“Clubs out there like North Melbourne are keen, (as are) Melbourne and Collingwood. I still think he’s got a really significant role at St Kilda with Cooper Sharman and the returning Max King.
Membrey has not been consistent for a couple years now.
His form up until round 19 was shocking - he has been our tour of strength in the forward line for many years but at 31 and form patchy I think Sharman slots straight into his position.
Time to move on - he has done a huge job to have a long career as what he has had.
With Sharman , King , Hammer , Owens , Keller a inconsistent Membery at 31 is just holding back development of the kids.

He has been a club champ but age catches up with everyone.

Maybe he could actually train as a midfielder.
Hannerbery said the guy should be in the midfield - even Steele mentioned it , but for some reason they just will not give him a crack - saying he has not go the engine for it is bs seeing the running from the forward line to the backline.
For sure his contest work in the forward line is better than anyone we have there but having a lack luster midfield I know where I want him.
He has the potential to be anything.

People finding this hilarious "So good to get the media on the board with what I said here months back" isn't really an attack though

It's not an opinion. It's a pat myself on the back thing... again (and again and again).

And did someone actually report someone having a dig about it? FMD

But you guys will do what you're gonna do.

Maybe just have a rule that anyone just parroting the media or twitter sources for the sake of saying "I told you so months ago" for pretty common knowledge get deleted?

Seems its not just me thats sick to death of it
Hold on a minute.

I get crap from a number of you when I post crap you don’t like. I get targeted with all sorts of crap.

Why can’t I pat myself on the back?
(I didn’t report the post)

And phantom. This example was back in June- hardly common knowledge. You were one of the posters giving me a hard time back then.

Not like you’re turning around now saying hey fair play. You were right.

Club has been expecting band 1 and Battle did end up going like Stav said they believed was going to happen.

Hold on a minute.

I get crap from a number of you when I post crap you don’t like. I get targeted with all sorts of crap.

Why can’t I pat myself on the back?
(I didn’t report the post)

And phantom. This example was back in June- hardly common knowledge. You were one of the posters giving me a hard time back then.

Not like you’re turning around now saying hey fair play. You were right.

Club has been expecting band 1 and Battle did end up going like Stav said they believed was going to happen.
**** me you really wont let it go.

Go back and find where i had a go at you, you cant, cause i didnt.

Ive said ALLLLLLLL along that the club should either keep Battle or get Band 1, i even agreed with you that the new administration should achieve that. I remember it cause i felt dirty suppoting your constant grandstanding.

Ive also said ALLLLLLL along that the AFL ultimately has final say on it. So even if we do it all right we might get screwed.

The Band 1 for Battle was absolutely common knowledge back then, its been done to ****ing death, you pontificating on the fact that the club didnt screw the negotiations (when it looks very much like they did) and never put band 1 in jeopardy (when it again, looks very much like they have) then patting yourself on the back that they always thought it would be and the media speculation was wrong, when its not even settled yet, is ridiculous.

If we get band 1 come in here and swing it round, im still not gonna pat you on the back because frankly any other outcome would be an abject failure but youll at least be right if it happens.

**** me you really wont let it go.

Go back and find where i had a go at you, you cant, cause i didnt.

Ive said ALLLLLLLL along that the club should either keep Battle or get Band 1, i even agreed with you that the new administration should achieve that. I remember it cause i felt dirty suppoting your constant grandstanding.

Ive also said ALLLLLLL along that the AFL ultimately has final say on it. So even if we do it all right we might get screwed.

The Band 1 for Battle was absolutely common knowledge back then, its been done to ****ing death, you pontificating on the fact that the club didnt screw the negotiations (when it looks very much like they did) and never put band 1 in jeopardy (when it again, looks very much like they have) then patting yourself on the back that they always thought it would be and the media speculation was wrong, when its not even settled yet, is ridiculous.

If we get band 1 come in here and swing it round, im still not gonna pat you on the back because frankly any other outcome would be an abject failure but youll at least be right if it happens.
All I’ve said is what the club believes will occur. There was no band 1 talk back then in the media and people openly mocked that suggestion on here. That came later in the same week from memory.

The fact the club are now expressing that viewpoint now is all that is needed to show posters like yourself that I was correct.

All along I’ve said the clubs view is this.

I’ve said I believe the club as the things I’ve been told and shared here have been accurate.

You seem to have struggled with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So initially it was not common knowledge in June and now...

All I’ve said is what the club believes will occur. There was no band 1 talk back then in the media and people openly mocked that suggestion on here. That came later in the same week from memory.

The fact the club are now expressing that viewpoint now is all that is needed to show posters like yourself that I was correct.

All along I’ve said the clubs view is this.

I’ve said I believe the club as the things I’ve been told and shared here have been accurate.

You seem to have struggled with that.
It was in June but later in the week...

Stav, Battle going and us expecting Band 1 was being discussed here there and everywhere in June, as much as you want to believe youre a seasoned newsbreaker, youre not.

Again, when it was discussed in here i absolutely supported your (and apparently the clubs) position that we would either get band 1 compo OR keep Battle, no doubt at all thats what was discussed and, for a rare occasion, i agreed with you and supported you. Take your weird hatred blinkers off and accept that just cause im not kissing your feet about it i did agree with and ironically i still do.

Fact here is you are going the early crow based on media and twitter, you did the same thing a few weeks back when the media said it wouldnt be band 1. Frankly who gives a rats ass what twitter says. Even Tom Morris and co. No one knows, a fact you yourself admitted, whether it will definitely be band 1 or not.

What im sick of is seeing you parroting media and then saying "as i told you all in x".

You get shit wrong and you rarely cop shit cause its a footy forum and no one is keeping a spreadsheet of your calls.

As said you wanna jerk yourself off in public for saying something about 50% of the board said, feel free, most of us find it nothing more than amusing.

So initially it was not common knowledge in June and now...

It was in June but later in the week...

Stav, Battle going and us expecting Band 1 was being discussed here there and everywhere in June, as much as you want to believe youre a seasoned newsbreaker, youre not.

Again, when it was discussed in here i absolutely supported your (and apparently the clubs) position that we would either get band 1 compo OR keep Battle, no doubt at all thats what was discussed and, for a rare occasion, i agreed with you and supported you. Take your weird hatred blinkers off and accept that just cause im not kissing your feet about it i did agree with and ironically i still do.

Fact here is you are going the early crow based on media and twitter, you did the same thing a few weeks back when the media said it wouldnt be band 1. Frankly who gives a rats ass what twitter says. Even Tom Morris and co. No one knows, a fact you yourself admitted, whether it will definitely be band 1 or not.

What im sick of is seeing you parroting media and then saying "as i told you all in x".

You get shit wrong and you rarely cop shit cause its a footy forum and no one is keeping a spreadsheet of your calls.

As said you wanna jerk yourself off in public for saying something about 50% of the board said, feel free, most of us find it nothing more than amusing.
What are you talking about?

I don’t need any feet kissing from you or anyone. It’s just weird that people get so offended when someone shares news they may dislike or not agree with.

And it’s a list management thread. Not everyone sees the news that comes out daily and jump on to see updates.

That doesn’t mean I parrot it you clown. But I make sure to highlight when what I’ve posted is correct.

And again… still missing the point.

I said the clubs belief is that they will get band 1 and the likely not guaranteed scenario was that Battle would leave.

Battle left and What has been reported today is in fact the clubs belief that I shared.

It has nothing to do with the early crow. You seem to struggle to differentiate what exactly I’ve said.

I’ve also said I’d be happy if Battle stays and I’m happy if it’s band 1.

I said I don’t disagree with the strategy.
I do disagree that winning games was the best way forward at the end of the season.

But specifically speaking to the information I’ve shared. It’s been correct. So I do feel like it’s pretty fair if I want to pat myself on the back when people have a crack.

Tom Morris says Battle is right on the borderline of band 1

Whateley & Morris say the saints believe its band 1

So good to get the media on the board with what I said here months back and the club is getting that confidence out there.

Jack Macrae - ran with John Donohoes report we are Keen.

Seb Ross - a tentative link to North. Disappointed he didn’t get a contract with us as he believed he was deserving of one. Didnt go into the club the day after the news as he was so disappointed
But months ago the offer was nowhere near getting band 1

The only way we will get band 1 is if the revised offer we gave 10 days ago was enough to make the Hawks move

Also said we wouldn't be moving on our 1st offer as that would get us band1 or offering battle silly money we have done both, I'm Battles biggest fan on here but $950k + a year LOL thats crazy and sounds like list management trying to fix a stuff up

What are you talking about?

I don’t need any feet kissing from you or anyone. It’s just weird that people get so offended when someone shares news they may dislike or not agree with.

And it’s a list management thread. Not everyone sees the news that comes out daily and jump on to see updates.

That doesn’t mean I parrot it you clown. But I make sure to highlight when what I’ve posted is correct.

And again… still missing the point.

I said the clubs belief is that they will get band 1 and the likely not guaranteed scenario was that Battle would leave.

Battle left and What has been reported today is in fact the clubs belief that I shared.

It has nothing to do with the early crow. You seem to struggle to differentiate what exactly I’ve said.

I’ve also said I’d be happy if Battle stays and I’m happy if it’s band 1.

I said I don’t disagree with the strategy.
I do disagree that winning games was the best way forward at the end of the season.

But specifically speaking to the information I’ve shared. It’s been correct. So I do feel like it’s pretty fair if I want to pat myself on the back when people have a crack.
I think your opinion of who is having a crack is grossly overinflated. Aside from the 3 minutes a day i post on here i dont think about the place, let alone you.

Flog yourself off all you like, just dont be shocked when people get ****ing sick of it. Its real tiresome.

The only way we will get band 1 is if the revised offer we gave 10 days ago was enough to make the Hawks move

Also said we wouldn't be moving on our 1st offer as that would get us band1 or offering battle silly money we have done both, I'm Battles biggest fan on here but $950k + a year LOL thats crazy and sounds like list management trying to fix a stuff up
Which they did fix if these reports are true.. so your point is moot. I don't care how they got there as long as they get the result.

Yes and at the time they weren’t moving.

So if they have moved late and I admitted to this the other day. They have clearly tried to make sure there are no issues. Had they offered Battle 950k a year he probably would have signed months ago with us.

We should probably just put an embargo on Battle talk until the compo is finalised.

Id be shocked if anyone has any interest in discussing that shit anymore.

Stav can come and post whatever he likes once we land band 1 and we can all hold hands and sing kumbuya.

No there isn't, the inconsistency and bias are amazing coming from the mods on this boards

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back