List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet…. None of you hit the ignore button mate.

Why’s that?

I think that’s pretty funny
Your content is mostly great, you care about the club and you have made very valuable contributions to this forum.

I don't see why you need to revert to peacocking so regularly though. The look and me look at me stuff us pretty unnecessary imo. By all means, keep doing it if it gives you power and happiness. My opinion is we've had Trouts and Pelicans strike out over the years, we dont need Peacocks either.

Which they did fix if these reports are true.. so your point is moot. I don't care how they got there as long as they get the result.
My point isn't moot at all, it was very badly handled by those involved and nothing has been confirmed yet

Your content is mostly great, you care about the club and you have made very valuable contributions to this forum.

I don't see why you need to revert to peacocking so regularly though. The look and me look at me stuff us pretty unnecessary imo. By all means, keep doing it if it gives you power and happiness. My opinion is we've had Trouts and Pelicans strike out over the years, we dont need Peacocks either.
No worries mate.

I’m the one sharing the info. I’m the one getting attacked when people hate it/disagree etc etc.

I’m also an active poster and have been for a number of years.

It isn’t a heap of fun posting something. Logging off. Coming back to 30+ notifications and some people are wildly having a crack. Or posters who disappeared come back on to have a crack directly at you saying you are full of shit - so when it comes out that it’s correct. Why shouldn’t I highlight that?

Three years for Collard. Massive.

I've joked a our sending him home but this is a fantastic move. Gives him reassurance and time to get himself sorted properly in our system without the distractions of go home chatter.

Same should be said for Allison when he got his extension. He always needed time in an AFL environment coming out of the covid era. It probably won't work out but it was a sound decision at the time. List management decisions like these shouldn't be criticised with the benefit of hindsight.

As a previously delisted free agent, Membrey retains his lifetime free agency rights. He can go where he wants for no compensation to us.
I'd love him to stay, but understand why he most likely wouldn't get more than 1 year from us.
In that case I would just wish him well if he gets more elsewhere.

In the general scheme of things he's not that old, players are playing for longer, and I don't think 2 would be a bad offer from the club, but I understand also where we are coming from. We need to get the younger core really firing.

No worries mate.

I’m the one sharing the info. I’m the one getting attacked when people hate it/disagree etc etc.

I’m also an active poster and have been for a number of years.

It isn’t a heap of fun posting something. Logging off. Coming back to 30+ notifications and some people are wildly having a crack. Or posters who disappeared come back on to have a crack directly at you saying you are full of shit - so when it comes out that it’s correct. Why shouldn’t I highlight that?
I wouldn't know what's its like up there on that podium mate, I'm just a little nobody. I suppose if you put your name up in lights, you should expect all sorts of attention, good and bad.

People are going to love you, hate you and some won't care less about you. I suppose I prefer the humble respectful way of life, but to each their own. You do you, if that means highlighting to everyone that you are amazing, then go for it, just not my cup of tea.

As you were...

I wouldn't know what's its like up there on that podium mate, I'm just a little nobody. I suppose if you put your name up in lights, you should expect all sorts of attention, good and bad.

People are going to love you, hate you and some won't care less about you. I suppose I prefer the humble respectful way of life, but to each their own. You do you, if that means highlighting to everyone that you are amazing, then go for it, just not my cup of tea.

As you were...
No podium. But if you prefer to wait for info as it comes through via media.

Let’s try that instead.

We can all chew the fat sing kumbiyah until Morris Twomey Beveridge etc decide to get around to the saints news!

Wont have any peacocking or arguments between posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love him to stay, but understand why he most likely wouldn't get more than 1 year from us.
In that case I would just wish him well if he gets more elsewhere.

In the general scheme of things he's not that old, players are playing for longer, and I don't think 2 would be a bad offer from the club, but I understand also where we are coming from. We need to get the younger core really firing.

His last six weeks were very good. But if we're being honest, Sharman appears a very obvious like-for-like replacement, with perhaps King getting further up the ground too (both are better field kicks than Membrey). So I understand it, and he's in a different place in his career to someone like Battle.

We have younger alternatives ready to go (also not like the Battle situation IMO). If he gets a better offer he should jump at it.

With Sharman , King , Hammer , Owens , Keller a inconsistent Membery at 31 is just holding back development of the kids.
Is that Helen Keller?

Personally I don't think she has the vision to be a good lead-up forward......

buddy just because I agree with the clubs approach here doesnt make me Stav buddy
Oh man I have no buddies on here …

Lonely Loser GIF by Travis

Hannerbery said the guy should be in the midfield - even Steele mentioned it , but for some reason they just will not give him a crack - saying he has not go the engine for it is bs seeing the running from the forward line to the backline.
For sure his contest work in the forward line is better than anyone we have there but having a lack luster midfield I know where I want him.
He has the potential to be anything.
Hopefully his delayed pre season may have been a reason to hold him back. But I suspect they don’t think he’ll make it (perhaps decision making?) otherwise you’d still give him 5 mins a qtr in there for experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back