List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see a balance and honestly going into the game i didnt really want us to win, it seemed like jumping Melbourne and the Suns put our drafting more out of our hands.

Like every supporter i rode every bump and baulk in the last 10 minutes desperately wanting us to win.

It might be an ultimately meaningless win to anyone outside the 4 walls of Linton street but if youve played footy at any level you know it wasnt meaningless to the boys singing the song yesterday.

Im as pessimistic as any Saints supporter going (our 150 year history supports that pessimism) but i would also say im as optimistic right now about this team and group as i have been ever before).

Will the comp remember us beating Carlton, probably not but how many other teams wins can any of us remember.

Were more focused on us and what we do than we have been for some time, i back that our picks can develop and our list is being utilized well.
I think most supporters had the same feelings, comfortable with a loss, but couldn't help but wanting the win when they hit the front.
Remember thinking, oh well, when the Carlton player, ( can't remember who) lining up with 2 minutes to go, but being amused when he missed, thinking a goal and we win by a point.
Pou misses and I think that's it, but when Higgins goaled, I actually laughed out loud, the strangest reaction I have ever had to a match winning goal.
Can't help be savor a win like that. Yes it is meaningless but in the end football is meaningless, it is just a past time, one I might add, I spend way too much time and energy on.
Glad to hear that the Pres and Dilena went the AFL over the draw and breaking their own rules. Hopefully our draw is something that doesn't totally disadvantage us and wreck our season like this year.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cudos to the honchos at Moorabbin for refusing Battle - if the rumours are true - the privilege of parading his kids around the field before the match yesterday.

Family first of course, but you are playing for St Kilda under our colours! And if you have made a deal to leave for your family’s sake, a point you made abundantly clear to us fans on national TV, OK then, we respect you for putting your kids before the club - but don’t use the club as a platform to pump yourself up, in the name of your kids, no matter how much you live them, which undoubtedly you do.

I’m glad Ross Lyon didn’t parade his kids on the field before his last game with us in 2011 too.

Thank goodness, someone had the balls to stop it, especially in this age of walking-on-egg shells in fear of execution.

Cudos to the honchos at Moorabbin for refusing Battle - if the rumours are true - the privilege of parading his kids around the field before the match yesterday.

Family first of course, but you are playing for St Kilda under our colours! And if you have made a deal to leave for your family’s sake, a point you made abundantly clear to us fans on national TV, OK then, we respect you for putting your kids before the club - but don’t use the club as a platform to pump yourself up, in the name of your kids, no matter how much you live them, which undoubtedly you do.

I’m glad Ross Lyon didn’t parade his kids on the field before his last game with us in 2011 too.

Thank goodness, someone had the balls to stop it, especially in this age of walking-on-egg shells in fear of execution.

It was the AFL that disallowed it.

If they still have some buffer even after 2m on a few spuds last year, then they don’t need a salary dump. At least, that’s the way the media were talking.

Even if the bombers don't desperately need to do a salary dump- it can still be good business for them to do it.

We ditched the likes of acres, billings, bruce, coffield etc etc for peanuts to free up cap space- that was despite us not needing to free up cap space.

If they plan on playing shiel in the vfl much of next year- they'd be idiots not to look at getting his million dollars of cap space off their books in exchange for a 2nd rounder or something

Even if the bombers don't desperately need to do a salary dump- it can still be good business for them to do it.

We ditched the likes of acres, billings, bruce, coffield etc etc for peanuts to free up cap space- that was despite us not needing to free up cap space.

If they plan on playing shiel in the vfl much of next year- they'd be idiots not to look at getting his million dollars of cap space off their books in exchange for a 2nd rounder or something
3rd, maybe 4th.

Anyone paying a second for a bloke in his 30s with a history of injuries who has averaged about 10 games a year for the last 4 has lost their minds.

Imagine if Battle changed his mind and now decided to stay.
I think they have exits this afternoon?

Maybe a club-watcher can confirm

Imagine if Battle changed his mind and now decided to stay.

BNSMuEE.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most supporters had the same feelings, comfortable with a loss, but couldn't help but wanting the win when they hit the front.
Remember thinking, oh well, when the Carlton player, ( can't remember who) lining up with 2 minutes to go, but being amused when he missed, thinking a goal and we win by a point.
Pou misses and I think that's it, but when Higgins goaled, I actually laughed out loud, the strangest reaction I have ever had to a match winning goal.
Can't help be savor a win like that. Yes it is meaningless but in the end football is meaningless, it is just a past time, one I might add, I spend way too much time and energy on.
Glad to hear that the Pres and Dilena went the AFL over the draw and breaking their own rules. Hopefully our draw is something that doesn't totally disadvantage us and wreck our season like this year.

I laughed as well. Weird hey?!

The final game of the year is the most important one.

We could have lost and got a better pick but to finish the year on such a high is more important for the morale of the entire club.

The way we finished the year meant that we have a much greater chance to use that warchest of ours on players who now actually want to come to our club.

We could have lost and got a better pick
the other thing our great win got us was out of the bottom 6,we can now look forward to a tougher draw,norf the w***ers and the termites all look set to be terrible again,if we finished in pick 5 position we probably get 2 of them twice next year,now we probably get the unbeatable(for us )crows twice as well as 2 top 6 sides and 3 in the middle 6

with every joy there is a penalty,the life of a saints fan

All good points. But I think it disincentivises them from doing any kind of “unfavourable” deal for them (ie throwing a pick in with him). That’s only the Suns.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back