List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not coming to us, I doubt he goes anywhere despite it looking like he wants out. Melbourne need a willing trade partner a team that is happy to give up something big and I just don’t see anyone doing them a favour. That team also has to be on Petracca’s list of destinations.

He’s 29 coming off a serious injury, what’s his true value with a massive contract around his neck?. One things obvious Melbourne can’t trade him for anything but overs or several people are going to loose their jobs, the place will implode. They have some serious problems over there, they’ve wasted a side that should have won several flags.
The Richo effect at Melbourne has taken hold.

So if Battle leaves and the pick goes **** up and is end of first round, I would offer that to the Injectors for Tsatsas.
They have burnt his capital, don't want him etc.
In a good culture, with Ross as coach, under Mason Woods wing, we could get the best out of him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great idea. Assuming the lad isn’t a complete goose.

You would offer our future first for him and Hobbs. Clear their first round **** ups off the books and hope that they come on. Hobbs looks like he needs opportunity and Tsatas could be anything still.

Lateral thinking. I like it.

It is risky though. We’d need to be sure both lads are a reasonable chance of making it.

I actually feel for Trac. Darcy Moore is a sniping dog.

He's not what we want though. Too much is unknown to take the risk.

I wouldn’t touch Petracca.
He’s too old
Had a terrible injury
Paid too much
Contacts too long
Would cost way too much in trade capital
Sounds like he’s toxic

Him only wanting to go big club for big crowd might send a tiny message to the afl though.
Their greed driven preferential treatment given to the big clubs through favourable draws and marquee games is making them bigger while the rest are just making up numbers.

Lateral thinking. I like it.

It is risky though. We’d need to be sure both lads are a reasonable chance of making it.
Give them our second round (Adelaide’s pick) for both Tsatas and Hobbs, then it might be worth it. Depending on our recruiter’s view of their potential, what’s holding them back at bombers..

So if anything ... end of 2nd round or more likely 3rd rounder ... which is better than nothing

Assuming Membrey is looking for a longer term contract .... not sure what we are offering ... maybe just 1 year? ... so if he gets 2 or 3 from the Dees you would think he would leave .... 3 years may trigger a compo pick but his age is a worry as they take that into account
Membrey plays very well since the bye saints win 6 games, If he wants 2 years give it to him.
A fit and hungry Membrey enables the forward line to function well regardless of who is at FF.

Give them our second round (Adelaide’s pick) for both Tsatas and Hobbs, then it might be worth it. Depending on our recruiter’s view of their potential, what’s holding them back at bombers..

I'd be reluctant given that we have Dow and Stocker in a similar situation.
We could hold onto dozens of other peoples failed drafts and get nowhere.

I like that even more.

Bombers might do that now that Dodoro is gone. Lay the blame at his feet and clean house. Cut their losses.

If both players come up trumps then we have hit the jackpot. Risk vs Reward.

But we’d need to be confident about the ability of both players to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Sam Edmund reporting Tomlinson maybe to Saints as UFA.
We would need to trade for him so if Battle leaves we don't lose the compo pick.

Maybe a late second or our old chestnut a future second should be more than the compo Melbourne would get andwe still get the Battle compo.

We would need to trade for him so if Battle leaves we don't lose the compo pick.

Maybe a late second or our old chestnut a future second should be more than the compo Melbourne would get andwe still get the Battle compo.

I think Melbourne would get zero compo either way. Guessing this gets done for a very, very late pick.

Would be looking in the 3rd/4th round range if we had to do a trade. No way a 2nd would be involved.

I think Melbourne would get zero compo either way. Guessing this gets done for a very, very late pick.
Just need to make it marginally more attractive than what they would get.

We just can't allow it to affect our compo in any way shape or form.

At 31yo and outside their best 25 he wouldn't attract compensation for Melbs, so it's unlikely it would effect Battle's compo. A future 4th if nothing else.

Well deserved Liam Stocker. Lyon asks him to do a job, he goes and does it.

His job on Heeney was great, his tightening up on the centre bounces on Danger and Stewart was instrumental in changing the game. Directly responsible for 3 goals in the 3rd qtr.

Its certainly handy having 3 blokes in the team who can tag the oppo's gun mids well and win their own ball too.
Okay maybe we don't have a gun mid at the moment, however we have some young blokes who can become guns, Windhager, The Pou, Stocker, Mr. Wilson, Garcia...Ronnie Burns is well on the way to becoming a very good wingman, he is improving ever year.
I thought Zac Jones game was exceptional on Sunday, he played well the week before against Geelong, I would be offering him another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back