List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

That's purely because of what he wants.
We sure as hell can't offer big crowds.

He wants big crowds apparently to increase his social media standing for his cooking endorsements. We have other ways of possibly ticking that box without the crowds.

Also, if we start really playing well, St Kilda supporters start showing up in large numbers.

You would offer our future first for him and Hobbs. Clear their first round **** ups off the books and hope that they come on. Hobbs looks like he needs opportunity and Tsatas could be anything still.
Gringo can we stay out of essendons rubbish bins for 5 minutes. If you’re throwing around first round picks there will be some actual quality players available, better still let’s draft our own. Should give josh schache a call while we’re at it he went pick 2. The league is littered with guys who went early and didn’t work out, Bonner and Stephenson were absolute favourites of many on here put them on the list.

Way too early to be pawning your watch for the get out stakes imo.

Footy classifieds stated he wants to play in front of big crowds.
Can he sing?

ZRai8rQ.jpeg

Gringo can we stay out of essendons rubbish bins for 5 minutes. If you’re throwing around first round picks there will be some actual quality players available, better still let’s draft our own. Should give josh schache a call while we’re at it he went pick 2. The league is littered with guys who went early and didn’t work out, Bonner and Stephenson were absolute favourites of many on here put them on the list.

Way too early to be pawning your watch for the get out stakes imo.

Gringo won't reply so quickly, he's been busy.

He wants big crowds apparently to increase his social media standing for his cooking endorsements. We have other ways of possibly ticking that box without the crowds.

Also, if we start really playing well, St Kilda supporters start showing up in large numbers.
Petracca is 29 next year, same age as Jones, Steele, on a massive contract for the next 4 years and will cost 2 first round picks, not mentioning just off a ACL and has huge ego, we should invest in good youth instead e.g. draft 18 y/o, trade in 24 y/o and below?

Last edited:
Petracca is 29 next year, same age as Jones, Steele, on a massive contract for the next 4 years and will cost 2 first round picks, we need to invest in good youth?

Feel free to go back to my immediately previous post to the one you quoted.

My main gripe is we aren't getting mentioned as a suitor. We must fight the small club mentality on all fronts.

Reading Petracca's comments on the Howie Games Podcast, I think he's miles away from playing again. I just want the respect of being mentioned as a possible destination.

You would offer our future first for him and Hobbs. Clear their first round **** ups off the books and hope that they come on. Hobbs looks like he needs opportunity and Tsatas could be anything still.

I think Id prefer Tsats even though the Dons supporters question his kicking. He is a more mobile and a smarter player than Hobbs. If our club thought there was scope to improve Tsatas kicking he would certainly be an option to use next years first.

Hobbs is questionable but he might be one of those players who excels with opportunity. I have a soft spot for lads from Ballarat so he has that in his favour.

My main gripe is we aren't getting mentioned as a suitor. We must fight the small club mentality on all fronts.

Reading Petracca's comments on the Howie Games Podcast, I think he's miles away from playing again. I just want the respect of being mentioned as a possible destination.
It will take time.. we had respect during our grand final years 2009/10 then lost it in in the last 14 years.. hence the target to build a consistent winning culture, rather than quick fixes and relying on handouts..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca is 29 next year, same age as Jones, Steele, on a massive contract for the next 4 years and will cost 2 first round picks, we should invest in good youth e.g. 25 y/o and below?
He’s not coming to us, I doubt he goes anywhere despite it looking like he wants out. Melbourne need a willing trade partner a team that is happy to give up something big and I just don’t see anyone doing them a favour. That team also has to be on Petracca’s list of destinations.

He’s 29 coming off a serious injury, what’s his true value with a massive contract around his neck?. One things obvious Melbourne can’t trade him for anything but overs or several people are going to loose their jobs, the place will implode. They have some serious problems over there, they’ve wasted a side that should have won several flags.

Or we could wait a year and just offer him the most money. If North are garbage again then they might just take the band one compensation (a top 3 pick) and we get him without trading draft capital. I'd make him the highest paid player in the league if this was the scenario
History suggests this isn’t our best play

Petracca is 29 next year, same age as Jones, Steele, on a massive contract for the next 4 years and will cost 2 first round picks, not mentioning just off a ACL and has huge ego, we should invest in good youth instead e.g. draft 18 y/o, trade in 24 y/o and below?
Just off an ACL , if you call 9 years ago just off an ACL
The way he is cooking and scoffing he will take two pre seasons to get fit and he sounds like a bloke who has serious concerns about getting smashed again and having more permanent damage , I don't think its a given that he comes back and if he does will he be the same player.
There are a lot of ifs and buts and not too mention he is 29 in Jan, We need to stick to the drafting kids not looking for that shortcut that leeds us down that dead end street again

Wondering what the club may do about a backup ruck. Campbell had a good year, but would probably not get a senior game next season, unless Roma is out, and Heath really hasn't taken big steps over the last few years I've been watching him, and I don't think "big men take time" argument will work for him. Do we need to target a ruck? don't know who is out there and tradeable though.
We have been absolutely blessed that Marshall hasn't missed a game since Ryder retired. Has had to play through a lot of injury to do so. Agree it's a big area of concern.

I wonder if we'd have a look at Harry Boyd from Norwood. 27yo so doesn't fit the age profile at all but would be ready to go. Jack Oatey medal in 2022 and will probably win the Magarey this year.

Speaking of Jack Oatey medallists, I would love for us to find a way to keep Hayes on the list. Undersized, but his ruck/forward partnership with Marshall in the North game showed a bit of promise. It'll be a shame if we ended up only scratching the surface.

Not sure what else is out there. Reidy would've been a great get but seems happy to be third banana for whatever reason. Maybe Darcy will be on the move sooner rather than later which could have a domino effect on someone like Conway.

While I agree with the need to fix the gaping holes in our midfield in this trade period and draft (an ongoing theme for the last 10 years), I'm shocked at how little Darcy Wilson's name comes up when the media discusses our side's short and long term future.

He could be absolutely anything. A gut running, goal kicking, strong over head and strong over the ball future captain. The way he's stood up in the last few weeks, particularly last week in a finals-type atmosphere, was just so exciting.

Go out and draft/trade for elite mids, absolutely. But don't forget that there are already some key pieces in place. We just need to build around them.

I think Id prefer Tsats even though the Dons supporters question his kicking. He is a more mobile and a smarter player than Hobbs. If our club thought there was scope to improve Tsatas kicking he would certainly be an option to use next years first.

Hobbs is questionable but he might be one of those players who excels with opportunity. I have a soft spot for lads from Ballarat so he has that in his favour.

Hobbs is meant to be more of an inside clearance player. He showed some good signs of it last year. Are they playing him out of position?

Petracca only wants big club wants to build out “brand Petracca” and play in front of big crowds ….what a tw@t let him rot

Yeah.
Might be a huge blessing in disguise for us.
There's no guarantees he'll get back to his best after those injuries.
Let alone be worth paying mega bucks for him until he's 34.

Smacks of desperation, norf were in the race supposedly for every player for years.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried about our young talent at the moment. (Hugo and Pou especially are awesome prospects)

Its more our established talent I'm worried about. Rowan, Sincs, Steele, Hill, Wood etc... These guys have only really got 1-3 high grade capable seasons left.

This guy gets it.

America Dancing GIF by BLK

Although you did forget probably our best and most important player- cal wilkie- he's 29 early next year too.

Last edited:
He's already not worth a first rounder.
He was originally pick 5 but as you say the kid has only played 11 games in 2 yrs and has not even looked as getting a position in the team.

Caldwell was picked up by the Bombers who showed more promise at the same age for this trade
The 20-year-old joins the Bombers, along with picks 44 and 74.

The Giants get pick 29 and a future second rounder in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back