List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had it confirmed we get band 1 compo - so pick 7-8.
Great news yipper.

Anyone who doesn't know yipper, he has some excellent contacts and only posts on here when sure of what he is saying.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

6 years at $850k should trigger band 1. Most top 10 picks won’t go on to secure a contract like that. Why are media saying $950k now. If North got it last year for McKay when that contract is supposedly front loaded we could not possibly be denied if it’s $850 average over 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some word around the traps that you guys have asked the question on Bowey and Hunter from the Dees and Taylor from NM

I can understand us approaching Curtis Taylor, but why Bowey a tiny defender and Lachie Hunter a 29 yo outside mid who struggled with fitness. Melbourne must be completely imploding if that many players are wanting out. They have a couple of bad eggs and because the club have handled them poorly they have brought the entire club crashing down. But thats pleasing hey 'Richo' !

Battle’s age means we will also be looked at favourably upon for band 1.

Not worried about it tbh, and if it is band 2 then we’ll deal with that if that happens, but the chances seem slim, this has clearly been orchestrated bts for a while.

The masochists will enjoy the next month of not knowing tho I’m sure

Because we offered more when we weren't going to potentially get a Band 1 compo.

And if Battle were to have accepted the original offer which is now being reported as not Band 1. And he has done that after our re-offer then it makes the club look bad. No other way about it.

What? Why? It's just a negotiation. Unless we've suddenly teleported into East Asia, we don't set great store by "losing face" in negotiations. We thought he was worth it; we offered; he decided to go with the Hawks. Fans should be comfortable knowing that we did everything we could to keep him.

Dingley is basically Seaford

its 10km East of Linton street, and both are around 20Km North of Seaford.
Both The Kennedy Centre and Linton Street are around 40km from Hawthorn though.

Oh and the nice little shopping centre has a good choice of coffee.

I can understand us approaching Curtis Taylor, but why Bowey a tiny defender and Lachie Hunter a 29 yo outside mid who struggled with fitness. Melbourne must be completely imploding if that many players are wanting out. They have a couple of bad eggs and because the club have handled them poorly they have brought the entire club crashing down. But thats pleasing 'Richo'.
I think Bowey definitely has a spot, if Paton is delisted we are very light on for smaller defenders. Great foot skills which is important for the way we want to move the ball from the back half. Would cost a bit, 22yo contracted until 2026, but makes a lot of sense IMO.

Hunter I wouldn't go near, the off-field culture of his two clubs has been well documented, and it seems like he has played a role in that. Causation or correlation I don't know. Also a fairly limited footballer in a role we have well covered. UFA so it's not like we are solving a problem for the Demons & need to tread lightly with Battle compensation.

Taylor I thought was going to be a superstar early doors but he seems to have a knack of putting his body in places it's not meant to go. Maybe with some continuity we'll see his best.

Pretty flat that we offered more than Hawthorn and he still said no. Especially since this move was touted as being a monetary decision.

Not sure what the club could’ve done, but it feels pretty uncharacteristic from a person we’ve been repeatedly told “loves the club” and wanted his daughter to run through the banner on the weekend.

I think Bowey definitely has a spot, if Paton is delisted we are very light on for smaller defenders. Great foot skills which is important for the way we want to move the ball from the back half. Would cost a bit, 22yo contracted until 2026, but makes a lot of sense IMO.

Hunter I wouldn't go near, the off-field culture of his two clubs has been well documented, and it seems like he has played a role in that. Causation or correlation I don't know. Also a fairly limited footballer in a role we have well covered. UFA so it's not like we are solving a problem for the Demons & need to tread lightly with Battle compensation.

Taylor I thought was going to be a superstar early doors but he seems to have a knack of putting his body in places it's not meant to go. Maybe with some continuity we'll see his best.

Light on for small defenders? We have - Hastie, OConnell, McLennan, the NGA player Hofmann plus all the AFL group Sinclair, NWM, Webster & Stocker. Then Jones & Clark who can also play the position plus Peckett might even start his development as a defensive small. And thats before we even go to the national draft so 11 players has it covered I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back