List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the exact same situation as Marshall a month ago. Morris is taking a player who is frustrated at the team not playing to their potential and exaggerates the shit out of it until they are trade bait.

Goodwin probably wont do it but he should call out Morris being the weasel that he is.
The Melbourne statement reads like Tom Morris was spot on to be fair

Drop Battle for the final two games. Obvious he is gone, get Arie in or Keeler down back.

He can start training early with the Poos and Wees
Didn’t even say he wants to stay.

But you know…people will say the club is forcing him out.

On top of chasing whatever mids are available (at no more cost than a second rounder please), I think we also have some work to do with getting

1. A small lockdown defender - Webster is getting on and losing his pace, Paton is close to being delisted, and I love Stocker but don't see him as a good match up for Charlie Cameron types

2. A small forward - would like to see someone challenging Butler for his spot, especially as we don't know what's happening with Collard

3. A backup ruck - Campbell could probably go around again, but I would like us to keep chasing like we have with Draper and Xerri. I'm a bit concerned on Max Heath if we elected to play Campbell over him this year

Some might be DFAs or 3rd rounders, but think it would fill some holes if we get a few injuries

On top of chasing whatever mids are available (at no more cost than a second rounder please), I think we also have some work to do with getting

1. A small lockdown defender - Webster is getting on and losing his pace, Paton is close to being delisted, and I love Stocker but don't see him as a good match up for Charlie Cameron types

2. A small forward - would like to see someone challenging Butler for his spot, especially as we don't know what's happening with Collard

3. A backup ruck - Campbell could probably go around again, but I would like us to keep chasing like we have with Draper and Xerri. I'm a bit concerned on Max Heath if we elected to play Campbell over him this year

Some might be DFAs or 3rd rounders, but think it would fill some holes if we get a few injuries
Small lock down defender should be Lennox Hofmann. He’s pretty good at that and intercepts the footy well

We have Hofmann coming in as a potential Webster replacement, also McLennan is looking ok

Agree with 2

I think we delist Campbell and get a McAndrew. Ideally Heath is 2nd ruck next year and I feel pretty confident that’ll be the case. Just need to ensure we have mature cover too

I think we delist Campbell and get a McAndrew. Ideally Heath is 2nd ruck next year and I feel pretty confident that’ll be the case. Just need to ensure we have mature cover too
Big blokes take time.

What's Rix up to these days 🤔

Where are we going to get a Mac Andrew??
Looking Look Around GIF by Chenayder

If Battle is out the door then so be it, but if we have even a slim chance of holding on to him we should be taking it with two hands.

We've been light on tall defenders for a while now with virtually no depth in that area. I have hopes for Keeler but he ain't ready at the moment. Imagine R1 2025 if Battle leaves and Doogs is injured....

Battle is also a perfect age for what looks like a realistic window for us to compete again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kidding yourself if you think he's staying

100% gone. At the end of the day can't be displeased with pick 6, even if Battle is a very good player.

Need Arie to step up, I have high hopes for him. Reckon he is going to be a gun.

I would keep Membrey on the list. We may need Hammer down back next year.

Losing Botel n keeping Dugal... Let's stop there
Well if Hawthorn were offering Dougal 6 x $1m, and Battle nothing, then I'm sure it would be a case of "Losing Dougal and keeping Battle".

Alas the Dorks aren't keeping up their end of the bargain, so here we are.

100% gone. At the end of the day can't be displeased with pick 6, even if Battle is a very good player.

Need Arie to step up, I have high hopes for him. Reckon he is going to be a gun.

I would keep Membrey on the list. We may need Hammer down back next year.
I agree re: Members and Hammer but it would be super annoying because we actually have a very nice forward setup of 2 x talls (King, Hammer), mobile medium / tall (Coops) and goal kicking small (Snags) that could be in place for like ~5 years.

If those four get a clear block of games next year with a Mitch type getting forward and a good pressure fwd we have the front half sorted.

As I said last week. If he had signed it was the best kept secret.

Clearly hasn’t.

And that was uncomfortable to watch
What would he be waiting for to confirm
he’s staying? What’s going to change between now and then? Would have been a huge announcement for the club to make if he was staying.

He’s gone.
His choice. I don’t have a problem with it, as in I’ll be sorry to lose him but not going to dislike him for making it. These players need to make the best decisions for themselves in a short career life.

I guess the fact that if he goes at least there’ll be a benefit attached makes it easier to accept too.

Didn’t even say he wants to stay.

But you know…people will say the club is forcing him out.
Club will know, dont see the sense of playing him in the final two games, play Arie or Keeler. We may also snag pick 4 & 5 if we lose both games.

Despite the draft benefits, it's a big step back for the team if Josh goes to Hawthorn.

We need to cover his position and we need to find another person to mould into captaincy material.

Who should take over captaincy from Jack Steele?

Wilkie, Windy and Mitch are a bit too nice. Higgins has the temperament but maybe not the communication ability. Matteas is too young. King needs less pressure not more. Marshall is too old now. Sinclair is too nice, quiet and old.

Ryan Byrnes maybe, once he's more established?
Mason Wood? Still a bit too nice and getting too old but maybe.

Should be Battle ideally.

Despite the draft benefits, it's a big step back for the team if Josh goes to Hawthorn.

We need to cover his position and we need to find another person to mould into captaincy material.

Wilkie, Windy and Mitch are a bit too nice. Higgins has the temperament but maybe not the communication ability. Matteas is too young. King needs less pressure not more. Marshall is too old now. Sinclair is too nice, quiet and old.

wilkie

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Needs to be Wilkie until the next gen becomes more established

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back