List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly small sample size, but if this is the level D. Shiel serves up…hard pass.
Squibbed 2 contests and directly turned it over with no pressure.
Name one squib in our current team? Bonner? HBF'er not a mid. Hill? Not a squib but not hard at it, but that's not his job. Nobody else.
Our mids are sub par but not one squib. Shiel wouldn't get a game in a Ross Lyon coached team.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now also this purely hypothetical. If we say the Saints do get Pick 6, or 7 as compo.

Do we send that to the Roos with Dougal. And try to get LDU? If he hasn't signed with them yet! They need defenders we need elite Mids.

Now before everyone goes in to melt down saying that we will have no defence. That's Lyon's specialty, system over personal.

Arie will be ready to go Rd 1 next year, showed plenty when he played. Gone back to the 2s to work on a few things.

Let's not worry about what we can't control, let's worry about what we can!
The last 2 rounds a reminder for LDU just how far off North are from being competitive for a whole season? Copping 100 point beatings numerous times per season.

Mate, Dingley is a really hip and happening place these days.

Did you know they've got street lights now?
Footpaths? I nearly killed myself weekly riding over to Dingley from Chelt in the late 80s.

Waiting for his reply in the homing pigeon chat but it’s windy af here at the moment, expecting delays 🐦
peter greene gimp GIF

Name one squib in our current team? Bonner? HBF'er not a mid. Hill? Not a squib but not hard at it, but that's not his job. Nobody else.
Our mids are sub par but not one squib. Shiel wouldn't get a game in a Ross Lyon coached team.

Totally agree mate.
I just don’t see how this trade makes us a better team?
Parker yes, 2 mids (ideally) from the draft, also yes.
Shiel? Sorry but no.

If we could get a first rounder for Sharman or Caminiti, then hold onto Alison and keep Membrey going for depth.
We still have our marquee player so haven't weakened our best 22.

I love both of them though :(
Not a chance we get a first rounder for either. And based on their ages and what they’ve shown I’m keeping both.
Membrey has maybe 2 years left and possibly not with us. And Allison has not manage a debut in 4 years. So no.
Luckily it’s not something that will happen.

Not a chance we get a first rounder for either. And based on their ages and what they’ve shown I’m keeping both.
Membrey has maybe 2 years left and possibly not with us. And Allison has not manage a debut in 4 years. So no.
Luckily it’s not something that will happen.
Absolutely Diehard.
I’d loooove to see King at CHF, Sharman at FF and Caminiti as the third tall.
Our smalls would be thinking it’s Christmas every week.

If we could get a first rounder for Sharman or Caminiti, then hold onto Alison and keep Membrey going for depth.

The asylum wants you back SS.

Have you lost your mind?

Absolutely Diehard.
I’d loooove to see King at CHF, Sharman at FF and Caminiti as the third tall.
Our smalls would be thinking it’s Christmas every week.
Would be ideal. Max needs a partner in crime, or two.
He’s been expected to do it alone for so long. The emergence of Sharman and Caminiti can only be helpful to him.

Well passed your bed time mate

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally why though. Key forwards are THAT hard to get. We can only get them from the draft because we aren't going to get any good free agents.

Any key forward thats good enough to get to free agency and be half decent ends up getting boatloads of cash. That's because they're so hard to find.

Think about how many early picks have been spent on big men that have just turned out to be duds that just dominated against the under agers because they were bigger than them.

Max has shown the ability to dominate games, kick bags, be one of the top contested marks in the comp & grew up going for the club.

He's had two injury riddled years. Give him a farking break.
I don't think key forwards are that important. Pies won a flag last year with no dominant forward.

Dees a few years earlier. Swans dominated the comp this year without one. Hawks dominating with Chol as their primary target.

I can understand your argument if we are talking about Curnow, Hogan or peak Cameron, but Max King is a long way from that level.

A pick 2 snags you a Jagga Smith/FOS. Sounds good to me.

A lot of people on here are happy to lose Battle for a top pick, yet the reality is he is far more important to us than King.

What happened there? Seen a bunch of innuendo on twitter but nothing outright
I think Laird and Dawson criticised him in the media.

Even so , they just havnt protected him. Even dropping him for this game is just dumb imo. Anyways we should be all over him. Get him while he’s cheap.

I don't think key forwards are that important. Pies won a flag last year with no dominant forward.

Dees a few years earlier. Swans dominated the comp this year without one. Hawks dominating with Chol as their primary target.

I can understand your argument if we are talking about Curnow, Hogan or peak Cameron, but Max King is a long way from that level.

A pick 2 snags you a Jagga Smith/FOS. Sounds good to me.

A lot of people on here are happy to lose Battle for a top pick, yet the reality is he is far more important to us than King.
Disagree. Far easier to replace.
Let’s see King with the support of Caminiti and Sharman before we “trade him”.
Never going to happen.

I think Laird and Dawson criticised him in the media.

Even so , they just havnt protected him. Even dropping him for this game is just dumb imo. Anyways we should be all over him. Get him while he’s cheap.
Contracted to 2029. No thanks1

anyone else watch heppel's departure?

no doubt in my mind shiel is gone from them,start picking out a number

shiel was one of the 2 chairing him off,then heppel went to his gf mum and dad for a kiss and a hug,then he went and signed an autograph or 2,then he looked and motioned for someone to come to him,it was shiel and they were alone in the race till the cameras panned back to the brisbane players

Also, is this a joke?

View attachment 2089453

The trade thread banter is the only thing that keeps me coming back to BF
banter is fine, it's when it turns into name-calling and petty bickering, we've had to delete pages worth of posts that cross all sorts of lines that have led to that banner.

Keep the banter respectful and don't stray too far from the thread title and this thread can meander on

How many times have clubs come out to sell “we are flag bound in x years” only to look stupid??
Just so some over depressed member starts to feel good about himself again?
Fck that
Just execute
No issue at all with moving on Battle IF we get band 1 and pick a top line mid
We’ve seen the footy they’ve played when we have a semi competitive midfield backhalf of the year - it’s a no brainer
Is Battle coming from a part of the ground we can possibly cover ? Of course he is he’s a 3rd tall defensive option
We need mids
Stop with the pipe dream “sell visions ….. talk LDU Into coming (he ain’t) the draft is where we will love and die
But I’d prefer the club have a go - than the lame shit we’ve done throughout Richo/Ratten years where we topped up…pretended we were finals ready (when we were nowhere near it).
Right now I’m more confident than ever the club know exactly where we are at
They also know they have no AFL freebies coming our way so these tough decisions are necessary
As Montagna pointed out recently - if you get band 1 for Battle….you do it
If we don’t … it’s a f k up
Got to be in it to win it
Lame “vision statements” won’t cut it

So be scared of their own shadow. Most of them had no plan and just blew fed. Time to grow some balls. Our ****wit president needs to stand up and be a man like Brendan Gale.
banter is fine, it's when it turns into name-calling and petty bickering, we've had to delete pages worth of posts that cross all sorts of lines that have led to that banner.

Keep the banter respectful and don't stray too far from the thread title and this thread can meander on

You have been on here long enough to know how ****ed it’s going to get Matty. You are going to be scrubbing shit off the walls for months. I Don’t envy the mods during trade period. It’s only warming up. George was a total campaigner but he was as diligent as an accountant and knew when to hold and when to fold. He was the Gary Ablett of mods.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back