List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

73 games in 6 years would suggest he had plenty of injuries as well as being dropped while at Carlton.

Didn't mention Henry as his appearances in the mids are sporadic and he is only 23. Jones and Clark are significantly older, Jones 30, Clark 26.

Dow was shit so didn’t get played. Really only showed a bit in his last year there and even then usually a sub. Was a very good accumulator in the VFL but Carlton had gone out and traded for ready made players in the meantime.

Mentioned Henry because we had an incredible amount of injury to guys who had no history of it. I’d be looking at training staff and wondering what went wrong. Nearly every runner had injuries this year. KP forwards too. Tall backs were the only ones that escaped relatively unscathed apart from Doogs.

I know I am completely stupid as seen by my shocking efforts in SuperCoach year after year , but I would rather we didn’t try trade for a big name midfielder. I would love to continue to watch guys like Wilson , Pou , Byrnes etc to continue to improve with them getting lots of midfield time . Yes there is no guarantee they are going to be great players . But I grew up seeing young Hayes , young Harvey , Winmar , Burke , Thompson etc go on to become superstars and it was so exciting. I also remember whoever the coach was at the time , but young Hayes was struggling to get a kick at the start and I was saying why on earth are they playing him , he’s hopeless . So yes l don’t always get it right , in fact I know I’ve been wrong many more times than I’ve been right . I remember young Stewie Loewe struggling to kick over the man on the mark every time and yet look how he turned out . There is something special following some kid who you hardly notice at first and all of a sudden you think this kid can play and he goes on to be someone like Harvey .
I do feel for young people today who never got to see guys like Harvey , Lockett etc playing at their best especially after the period we had just been through before . And unfortunately being a lowly side we were hardly never on replays .

I know I am completely stupid as seen by my shocking efforts in SuperCoach year after year , but I would rather we didn’t try trade for a big name midfielder. I would love to continue to watch guys like Wilson , Pou , Byrnes etc to continue to improve with them getting lots of midfield time . Yes there is no guarantee they are going to be great players . But I grew up seeing young Hayes , young Harvey , Winmar , Burke , Thompson etc go on to become superstars and it was so exciting. I also remember whoever the coach was at the time , but young Hayes was struggling to get a kick at the start and I was saying why on earth are they playing him , he’s hopeless . So yes l don’t always get it right , in fact I know I’ve been wrong many more times than I’ve been right . I remember young Stewie Loewe struggling to kick over the man on the mark every time and yet look how he turned out . There is something special following some kid who you hardly notice at first and all of a sudden you think this kid can play and he goes on to be someone like Harvey .
I do feel for young people today who never got to see guys like Harvey , Lockett etc playing at their best especially after the period we had just been through before . And unfortunately being a lowly side we were hardly never on replays .

It’s a weird time as a Saints fan. We were always shit in most of my time but there were always a few players who other clubs lusted after. Post Riewoldt era there just hasn’t been those elite level stars. Jack Steven, Seb Ross and Tim Membrey types were great servants but no one was trading away their first born to grab one of them.

This new batch of kids headed by NAS is as good as we’ve had coming through in years.

something way back in my memory tells me houston and jack silvagni are the best of mates,hope any pursuit of him is not personal for SOS,great player but not a need & will cost heeps,can he play midfield?

It’s a weird time as a Saints fan. We were always shit in most of my time but there were always a few players who other clubs lusted after. Post Riewoldt era there just hasn’t been those elite level stars. Jack Steven, Seb Ross and Tim Membrey types were great servants but no one was trading away their first born to grab one of them.

This new batch of kids headed by NAS is as good as we’ve had coming through in years.
Agreed. I go back a long way and we have been shit for much of it but we were often entertaining in our own crazy way.
The Richo era turned us into a crappy shade of beige that we’ve struggled to shrug off.
There were flashes of hope during Ratts time and again more recently under Ross.
There’s some promising signs that we’re about to shake off the malaise. I believe we finally can.

Heard about the Dan Houston interest and was a bit cold on the idea but the more I think about it the more I warm to it. The guys a gun, seems pretty versatile too.

If we kept Battle and somehow managed to bring in Houston and LDU at the expense of first rounders this year and next, as well as other picks, are we melting or happy?
The lineup would be staring to look pretty solid,

Doubtful we'd have the currency for both. Surely take LDU if both were keen to come. He's looking at 2 first rounders this year vs free next year though. Tough one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaaaah it must be getting close to spring time, crazy fn weather and discussion on trades / drafts for the Saints on Big Footy goin off.

This time of year is damn exciting even if you do not know you have won a trade / draft for a few years the discussion on here is damn entertaining.

Up and about Saints fans.

What if you move Nas on ball and play Houston in his spot? You have the flexibility to move them back and forth to change things up in the midfield depending on needs. Exactly what Geelong did. Houston can play midfield and is an absolute top shelf player
You'd have to be extremely confident before you gave a top 10 pick and change that Nas could get over his dislike of body contact and permanently play on ball.

If Battle decides to stay I wonder if we might look at Parfitt as an UFA. On the fringe at the Cats the last few years, still only 26.
got jahannisen after the norm smith vibes all over him=squib,we just delisted bonner,would almost be a like for like,probably take games off a guy that revels in the contest=hugo

Aaaaah it must be getting close to spring time, crazy fn weather and discussion on trades / drafts for the Saints on Big Footy goin off.

This time of year is damn exciting even if you do not know you have won a trade / draft for a few years the discussion on here is damn entertaining.

Up and about Saints fans.
Future first would be the way to go, I reckon you're right. Risky but back yourself in to improve.

Since our one and only premiership almost 60 years ago, we have had great full forwards, midfielders, rucks, defenders etc. Premierships are won by great team efforts and smart coaching on the day- but the poor old Saints never seem to get the formula right.

Gee whizz, if we can somehow manage to grab Houston and then LDU, 27 and 25 respectively, as well as a first round midfielder or two then look the f out 😲
Why not Petracca, McCrae and Ben King too?! This could be the best off season ever!

In all seriousness I just want two top 10 drafted mids, and maybe trade in someone around the 22/23 yr old mark who’s promising (ala, Liam Henry). Find some cheap GOP to fill any lost holes like ruck etc. That’ll do me.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back