List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

King won't be traded anytime soon. It's no secret that I find him absolutely infuriating beyond belief, and overhyped as F*CK. I don't have to like him. That said I absolutely agree with those that want to see him played higher. He is not a good full forward, but he could be an exceptional CHF/relief ruck. As others have correctly noted he is good on the ground, a solid field kick, and - because he'll have to provide a target, which means he'll have to move - he'll get easier marks, and find himself in better positions. It should also be noted that he is a more reliable kick for goal from distance rather than up close. He undoubtedly has skills, so now is the time for him to showcase them and take charge.
I don't see any harm in talking about his trade value - he has currency, and his form, battles with injury, and attitude - make him a target for easy debate. However the fact is that the club is hell bent on him being the face of the club for the next decade. I'm not at all sure it is a good call, but it is what it is. Time will tell the story...and we'll have that, as he's not going anywhere soon.

Misson made a big deal about wanting to work on King's future body composition at the time of his injury.

I'll be very keen to see how he presents come round 1 next year.

I reckon he needs more power in his legs, a bit of strength and a concerted focus on repeat explosive efforts

Trading him now... I just don't see us getting value, he's way more talented than what he showed this year.

Misson made a big deal about wanting to work on King's future body composition at the time of his injury.

I'll be very keen to see how he presents come round 1 next year.

I reckon he needs more power in his legs, a bit of strength and a concerted focus on repeat explosive efforts

Trading him now... I just don't see us getting value, he's way more talented than what he showed this year.
King needs to get rid of the short dinosaur arms posture

vyk4d.jpg

For how long .... 2 years?
Injuries will happen, we lose Ross and Crouch as experience. Jones and Clark, while good game time towards the end are injury prone. Dow is also injury prone.

We cant throw the kids to the wolves with no experience in the mids.

Silly season is here, the report that the new Battle deal could be 7 years, this guy saying Saints interested but MacRae could stay at the Bulldogs.

Everyone has an out. Unfortunately every year we all read these posts as fact.

We need to keep in mind that houstan is more than a halfback, he is a similar mould to Sinclair as a mid option. Has played mid time well for port but they need him off halfback and have a plethora of mid talent. It will also mean two of Nas, Hill, Sincs or Houstan will be through the midfield or wing which should really help our inside 50’s.

We need to keep in mind that houstan is more than a halfback, he is a similar mould to Sinclair as a mid option. Has played mid time well for port but they need him off halfback and have a plethora of mid talent. It will also mean two of Nas, Hill, Sincs or Houstan will be through the midfield or wing which should really help our inside 50’s.
I'd still rather just trade for a proven mid, or take the pick/s to the draft.

So if you believe the reports we are into 30yo Macrae

Which younger player does he push out of the current side to make us that tiny bit better?

Garcia, Dow, Windhager, Phillipou, Clark, Wilson, Byrnes, Owens, Stocker?

Maybe he replaces Jones or Hill?

Is he playing out of position with the Dogs? Because if he can still do the inside mid thing he replaces Crouch and does stuff that none of those guys you mentioned can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time he has played in the middle he has been a very good mid. Waxing between him and sincs would be unreal but he would be expensive

Is he playing out of position with the Dogs? Because if he can still do the inside mid thing he replaces Crouch and does stuff that none of those guys you mentioned can do.
But he ain't the future

I understand he brings experience but does he bring us a Premiership? ... or are we better off giving our younger mid brigade more senior experience themselves?

Not sure he going to make a huge difference and if reports are correct he still still has 3 years to run on his Bulldogs contract (2027) and will be on a fair whack

Houston has had games where he's played on ball and racked up 6,7,8 clearances. He is a great kick. You would not want to overpay as he is not a Rozee type but he could come in and improve our midfield without question. I see him a bit of a Joey Montagna who can play half back, wing, half forward or on-ball and do all of it pretty well. Barring injury he should have at least 5-6 years of good footy in him. Houston also fits an age bracket we lack (25-28) as we have great players 29+ and great kids <23 but not much in the middle. He's also a good leader from all reports. I would consider it for a mid-range first rounder (e.g. future first).

Houston has had games where he's played on ball and racked up 6,7,8 clearances. He is a great kick. You would not want to overpay as he is not a Rozee type but he could come in and improve our midfield without question. I see him a bit of a Joey Montagna who can play half back, wing, half forward or on-ball and do all of it pretty well. Barring injury he should have at least 5-6 years of good footy in him. Houston also fits an age bracket we lack (25-28) as we have great players 29+ and great kids <23 but not much in the middle. He's also a good leader from all reports. I would consider it for a mid-range first rounder (e.g. future first).
Only way I see it happening is if Battle left and we use the compo. Even then it's a gamble considering what we're trying to do. But A graders don't grow on trees.

The difference is he uses the ball well

I would characterise 2024 Hunter Clark's disposal as very hit and miss.

A real forrest gump box of chocolates situation.

Forrest Gump Chocolates GIF by The Kennedy Center

Not saying he's been dunstan levels of bad... but he has (for a couple of years now I think) been this way.

Perhaps he will return to his previous levels of being reliably good (and beyond) with ball in hand?

But until that happens (if ever?) I think it's not correct to say Clark as a player currently (and for the last couple of years) is a good ball user.

He absolutely butchers it enough times for it to be noteworthy- often under little or no pressure.

If we're talking about who I think will end up having the best careers?

Butters
Max
Rankine
Walsh
Rozee
Ben

If we're talking about output to this stage
Butters
Walsh
Rozee
Max
Rankine
Ben

Still think people under appreciate what Max has done for us so far. Could be some recency bias in there considering what's happened the last two years.

But he's been the #1 option since he started, in a team that's had at best a c+ midfield.

Ben has Witts hitting it down to Miller, Anderson, Rowell and now Flanders and he really hasn't fared that much better.

Walsh is elite but very vanilla compared to Butters.

People are going to say Rankine's been better to this point because of recency bias but Max literally walked into the club and was one of the best contested marks in the game. People forget how good he is.
Sorry, have been working since I asked you the question...
But yeah, eventually the two lists you've got there start to become one list.

So if you add LDU pick 4 from the previous draft to those lists, it's not so unfathomable to consider switching him with Max. I wouldn't do it at a loss, and in reality I wouldn't do it for a straight swap either. The egg-on-face risk is too high if he fulfils his potential, he's a saint through-and-through and he's ours.

And every deal becomes do-able as a hypothetical at some point if you throw in this or that.
But reality is different.

Either way, it's one of the less batshyte crazy propositions I've seen from oppo supporters on here, and food for thought. And big change with big risk could be what we need, even if not that particular one.

Sorry, have been working since I asked you the question...
But yeah, eventually the two lists you've got there start to become one list.

So if you add LDU pick 4 from the previous draft to those lists, it's not so unfathomable to consider switching him with Max. I wouldn't do it at a loss, and in reality I wouldn't do it for a straight swap either. The egg-on-face risk is too high if he fulfils his potential, he's a saint through-and-through and he's ours.

And every deal becomes do-able as a hypothetical at some point if you throw in this or that.
But reality is different.

Either way, it's one of the less batshyte crazy propositions I've seen from oppo supporters on here, and food for thought. And big change with big risk could be what we need, even if not that particular one.
I'd love to see LDU breaking from the centre and lacing Max out

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back