List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

In the one game this year that campbell played a full match- we beat the lions comprehensively in centre clearances- 20 to 13.

And in the game he played where he was subbed off, he was subbed off because we were getting slaughtered at clearance. Stopped once Marshall went into the ruck.

Sam Mitchell is a midget

clinton-jones-picture-3.jpg

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Roughhead heavily involved in the deal....Thanks mate, come to Saints, break Patons leg and ruin his career, then swipe a key defender.
You big ginger campaigner.
lol, Paton was really never the same after that injury, he was tracking towards being one of the best small lockdown defenders in the comp in 2020

And in the game he played where he was subbed off, he was subbed off because we were getting slaughtered at clearance. Stopped once Marshall went into the ruck.

Ok fair enough.
But it is tom campbell we are talking about.

Not an actual decent AFL ruckman.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest our current mids could/would hold their own in clearance differential at the feet of an actual decent AFL ruckman.

The argument that marshall being a dud tap ruckman is fine because our mids are rubbish anyway- is totally flawed

My view is if a player doesn't want to be at the club, then goodbye and good luck. I only want players at the club who want to play for us. We couldn't have done anything else to keep him. Let's just pray we get Band 1 compensation (because top 10 pick for him is overs).

Yes hopefully Hawthorn upped their offer after our latest offer.

I’m hoping the reports of us increasing our offer made the hawks up their original offer increasing the chances we get our consecutive picks.
That is my hope too.

My worry is that Battle has left for the original amount offered by Hawthorn, which might be just shy of band 1, and that Hawthorn were not actually able to up their offer due to landing Barrass. Or maybe they just added an extra year to the contract, which wouldn't help us at all re compo.

Then after we complain, the AFL changes the formula so that from NEXT YEAR the compensation is based off the contract offered by the current club, and not the players future club (which is the way it should be to stop smaller clubs getting screwed over by players choosing success over money).

Here's hoping that I am wrong, and that this is not another Cam McKenzie screw over

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back