List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of mentions online that we're after Curtis Taylor on a 2 year deal

Tom Morris says Battle is right on the borderline of band 1

Whateley & Morris say the saints believe its band 1

So good to get the media on the board with what I said here months back and the club is getting that confidence out there.

Jack Macrae - ran with John Donohoes report we are Keen.

Seb Ross - a tentative link to North. Disappointed he didn’t get a contract with us as he believed he was deserving of one. Didnt go into the club the day after the news as he was so disappointed

Tom Morris says Battle is right on the borderline of band 1

Whateley & Morris say the saints believe its band 1

So good to get the media on the board with what I said here months back and the club is getting that confidence out there.

Jack Macrae - ran with John Donohoes report we are Keen.

Seb Ross - a tentative link to North. Disappointed he didn’t get a contract with us as he believed he was deserving of one. Didnt go into the club the day after the news as he was so disappointed
Ross got a good run, and we have to move on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laverde- has had some interest from St Kilda

Mitch Cleary - saints offer was bigger then the Hawks
McClure - saints offered $1m+ for 2025 to get the hawks to move their 2025 offer.

“I’m told the hawks money is somewhere between 880-920k and 6 years”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TIM MEMBREY

After a dozen years in the system, Saints tall Tim Membrey could be on the move to a third club – still with plenty to give in front of the big sticks.

His 2024 season produced 30 goals from 19 games, including a five-goal haul from 23 disposals only weeks ago in Round 19 against West Coast.

Despite this, he may be best suited to move out of Moorabbin with plenty still to unfold for Ross Lyon’s list management this off-season; despite five delistings and a free agency request.

“He wants to know that he’s very much in St Kilda’s plans, and the feel from St Kilda is: ‘We don’t mind if you look around’,” Ralph revealed.

“As soon as you hear that, (you think) ‘they don’t love me, and so I’ll find a club that will’.

“Clubs out there like North Melbourne are keen, (as are) Melbourne and Collingwood. I still think he’s got a really significant role at St Kilda with Cooper Sharman and the returning Max King.

People are doubting the ability of Max King , it must be remembered the guy just turned 24.
Being a bean pole at 2.02m the guy really is only now ready to show what he has got.

The last 2 years have been wasted due to injury - last year late start to the year due to shoulder reconstruction , then he did it again.
This year showed glimpses /got reported / form far from great and injury again ended his year - ok injuries happen and his body language does not look good , but this guy has been in development and people don't care if we traded him out is mind blowing.

In his first couple years he showed he was one of the best contested marks in the AFL - 4th in 2021 and 3rd in 2022 , so we know the talents there and has shown it in a few games.

He could well be a bust but he currently has 2 yrs left on his contract , if he doesn't perform in the next 2yrs his next contract will be no world beater - so he is going to have every reason to turn it on.

We need a key forward and he is now at the age to show his best and with Sharman , Henry , Higgins , Owens we could go from battling to score goals to making it look like a picnic.

He could be our Trump card or he could be a bust , but these next 2 yrs on his contract will tell his future and the clubs.
Also believe an improving midfield will go a long way to an improving Max.

Having said that, a little while ago there was some talk about a long contract coming up. If he's still got 2 I'm not giving him more than another couple.

Last edited:
TIM MEMBREY

After a dozen years in the system, Saints tall Tim Membrey could be on the move to a third club – still with plenty to give in front of the big sticks.

His 2024 season produced 30 goals from 19 games, including a five-goal haul from 23 disposals only weeks ago in Round 19 against West Coast.

Despite this, he may be best suited to move out of Moorabbin with plenty still to unfold for Ross Lyon’s list management this off-season; despite five delistings and a free agency request.

“He wants to know that he’s very much in St Kilda’s plans, and the feel from St Kilda is: ‘We don’t mind if you look around’,” Ralph revealed.

“As soon as you hear that, (you think) ‘they don’t love me, and so I’ll find a club that will’.

“Clubs out there like North Melbourne are keen, (as are) Melbourne and Collingwood. I still think he’s got a really significant role at St Kilda with Cooper Sharman and the returning Max King.
Sad if this eventuates.
I really like Tim and despite one game at the Swans I'm considering him a one-club player.
However, if he gets offered 2 or 3 elsewhere its a no brainer for him and hopefully a second-rounder for us.
I could live with that, especially as Sharman, Owens and Caminiti and hopefully Pou are coming to the party goals-wise.

Sad if this eventuates.
I really like Tim and despite one game at the Swans I'm considering him a one-club player.
However, if he gets offered 2 or 3 elsewhere its a no brainer for him and hopefully a second-rounder for us.
I could live with that, especially as Sharman, Owens and Caminiti and hopefully Pou are coming to the party goals-wise.

As a previously delisted free agent, Membrey retains his lifetime free agency rights. He can go where he wants for no compensation to us.

Sad if this eventuates.
I too love Tim but if you REALLY look at our 23 for next season its real hard to find him a spot. Max, Camma, Sharman, Owens then our style of high leading HFs/Wingers in Henry, Hill, Nas, Wood.

I suspect wed be saying youre staring down the barrel of being a depth player on year to years.

I could see the Pies being interested given their lack of Med/Tall goalkickers.

Last edited:
I'd like to keep Membery and see Owens in the middle.
I think even if Owens moves up Membrey is still probably in and out based on needs.

King, Sharman and Camma work better structurally. Membs only gets games with that group if hes playing out of his skin.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back