List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Take this to the bank. Don Pyle will be the worst thing that ever happens to that club and thats at a club that had half its list smoking crack, one player die, another almost die, a bunch go to prison and even more in rehab.

There's a reason why coaches aren't keen. I'd hate to be a list when that his CEO announce what they're prepared to part with for another player.

How would you feel if we made Andy Brayshaw the AFLs highest paid player
Hes the one we should be targeting in a big way.

Freo are going to bring in even more midfield talent. After they've pretty much let fyfe do what he wants again and kissing the ground serong walks on.

Been shouting it from the rooftops for months now. I'd hope we were absolutely asking the question more than once.

I think it’s more likely to be a Darling-Gaff double as a salary dump and we then only give up one of 7 or 8.
makes sense as we all know 2 b/c graders equals top 10 pick, simple BF mafs

No issues. Similar to Jack Steele, I think he is one of the best two-way mids in the game. Probably prefer head hunting him than LDU (I wonder if we could lure both...)

I bit my tongue in 2017 when we got two HFF'ers, one maybe running through the mids.
2018, knew we would take King but wanted Rozee, or Smith
2019 I suppose at least we brought in Jones
2020 Crouch
2022 Pou
2023 Wilson.
Basically only just started drafting mids, we need to continue on with the strategy.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We were desperate for muds in late 2000's but instead we picked 2hbf Coffield and hunter

Trading in hasn’t really solved our problems.

Keep those to build on an excellent young group, which is still shallow
Is it shallow? We have 15 guys on our list now aged 21 or under and will likely add another 5-6 teenagers in this draft. I'm just wondering if we're going to try and contend while Sinclair, Marshall, Steele and Wilkie in particular are still around. Because once they go... boy it could be rough going for a while

Huston will cost 2 first rounders, and is contracted and if available there will be a bidding war.
Since 2016 name one bust drom our inside 15 picks? Coffield? Yes will grant that up against
Clark
King
Naz
Pou
Wilson
With the top ten so even we would have to ho well to get a bust.
Houston is not a requirement FFS.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
There are more busts than genuine guns around pick 10, you can go back through the drafts yourself if you don't believe me. Not sure that this draft being really even changes that fact. If we're that much better at drafting than every other team and only draft guns, we should never trade any picks because they're worth more to us. Pretty arrogant stance though, I'd be surprised if list management thinks that way.

Houston not a requirement yeah obviously no one is, two firsts seems pretty steep though. If he nominates a specific club there won't be a bidding war, Port might just refuse to trade him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if this has already been done but can we all come together for a minutes silence for the Chief ‘s blues.

🎺

Even with the goat and Fantasia they couldn’t overcome a 60-nil handicap.

Next year. 🙏

I wouldn't TRADE the win we had in the last round to jump two spots having seen that. Must have absolutely rattled them.

Maybe we can TRADE their pick 11 for a junk and even more salary cap space.

Tim Kelly and James Worpel the only 2 mids from that draft taken after them, so obviously those 2. #sarcasmalert

If that draft taught us anything it was not to put needs ahead of best available.
None of us on BigFooty wanted Naughton but its who we should have got.

Worpel the player we should have got instead of Clavarino. ( And we might have if we'd taken Naughton thinking that he was a defender ).

Is it shallow? We have 15 guys on our list now aged 21 or under and will likely add another 5-6 teenagers in this draft. I'm just wondering if we're going to try and contend while Sinclair, Marshall, Steele and Wilkie in particular are still around. Because once they go... boy it could be rough going for a while

When our 28 and 29 year olds are two years older, you do realise that our 21 year olds will... also be two years older.

We have a slight list age profile deficiency around 24-26 year olds right now (another reason to keep Clark), but it's overstated a bit. Marshall and Wilkie lightly raced (mature age recruits initially).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back