List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

When does the Bont come into fa?
He can’t be too happy at a club like the Dogs.
Really?
Why do you think so?
I’d say he would be king of the kennel there.
He’s treated with huge respect.
Footscray have plenty of talent.
I would say they have good prospects despite Kane Doomsday Corney.

I would love to get him. Seriously we all would. But I just don’t see him as disaffected like a Pretracca, Oliver type.

Which one of Carlton’s loser squad from Saturday night should we NOT trade for, ever?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Acres . Seriously though, Saad. Most overrated player in the league. And I like hearing Carlton supporters go 'woof' when he can barely kick it over 40 metres.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bailey Smith requests a trade but does not specifically request Geelong…

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Really?
Why do you think so?
I’d say he would be king of the kennel there.
He’s treated with huge respect.
Footscray have plenty of talent.
I would say they have good prospects despite Kane Doomsday Corney.

I would love to get him. Seriously we all would. But I just don’t see him as disaffected like a Pretracca, Oliver type.

Bontempelli is the Bulldogs’ second greatest player. Ever. Even better than Doug Hawkins. Behind only the legendary EJ Whitten.

And he knows that.

Bulldogs revere him. And he knows that as well. That is very rare and in itself creates an unbreakable bond.

Bontempelli strikes me to be the type who is low maintenance with no fuss. Just gets on with it and who puts the club first. In return the club would give him whatever he wanted.

There has never been any suggestion that he wants to leave or would ever leave the Bulldogs. I can’t ever see it happening.

Brayshaw and Pick 27 (Saints) for Pick 8 (Battle) and Pick 24 (Adelaide).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I doubt Fremantle would do that.

It seems they are prepared to trade picks 9 and 10 for Shai Bolton.

Brayshaw would be the player they would least like to trade.

True, it was Elshaug at the helm after all.

My memory is that most of US on bigfooty were happy, because Clark was the best mid, and Coffield had very good skills with potential for mid. There were a few sourpusses because we didn't get Bonar.
You are right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Fremantle would do that.

It seems they are prepared to trade picks 9 and 10 for Shai Bolton.

Brayshaw would be the player they would least like to trade.
Waiting for free agency. I think he is on next year’s list.

Brayshaw would cost our 2 x 1st round picks (assuming we get band 1) and he’d need to be wanting out, Freo would hate to lose him.

Bailey Smith off an ACL and wanting out of the Dogs would cost 1 x 1st round pick.

I know Brayshaw is a gun but our midfield is aging and ordinary, I would honestly rather a scenario of Smith and then draft another best available mid in this draft crop.

Crouch cooked apparently. Zak Jones is hit and miss and will be 30 next year. Hunter Clark has spaghetti arms and legs, yet somehow has the agility and pace of a ruckman. Seb Ross is delisted. Paddy Dow is a bit hit and miss. Olli Hotton looking less likely than more likely to make it as an AFL footballer. Mitch Owens looks to be a forward with occasional midfield time. Windhager looks promising and could be a Willem Drew type defensive midfielder. Garcia looks promising but still young. Darcy Wilson looking like more of a winger with his running capacity. Pou came on wel end of year, still has work to do though on consistency.

I’d be looking at Steele, Windhager, Garcia, Pou and Jones based off the last few months of the year. Pou might spend a bit of time up forward as well. Steele and Jones the only 2 out of that group with a decent run of games under their belt and Jones is inconsistent.

At the end of the day, flogging the horse that is basically a skeleton now after all these years, we need to improve our midfield.

Stay the course with the draft .... go deep .... and hit free agency when we can

Don't trade away our future

If we take Ross Lyon at face value and trust what he speaks then this is what the club will do.

Hit the draft.

We’ve heard those words repeatedly through the back half of this year at press conference. If we deviate away from that in this trade period, the miniscule seed of doubt that all long suffering St Kilda fans have planted deep inside them, will sprout.

It will affect the way I consider the words of the group at the helm of the club

Brayshaw would cost our 2 x 1st round picks (assuming we get band 1) and he’d need to be wanting out, Freo would hate to lose him.

Bailey Smith off an ACL and wanting out of the Dogs would cost 1 x 1st round pick.

I know Brayshaw is a gun but our midfield is aging and ordinary, I would honestly rather a scenario of Smith and then draft another best available mid in this draft crop.

Crouch cooked apparently. Zak Jones is hit and miss and will be 30 next year. Hunter Clark has spaghetti arms and legs, yet somehow has the agility and pace of a ruckman. Seb Ross is delisted. Paddy Dow is a bit hit and miss. Olli Hotton looking less likely than more likely to make it as an AFL footballer. Mitch Owens looks to be a forward with occasional midfield time. Windhager looks promising and could be a Willem Drew type defensive midfielder. Garcia looks promising but still young. Darcy Wilson looking like more of a winger with his running capacity. Pou came on wel end of year, still has work to do though on consistency.

I’d be looking at Steele, Windhager, Garcia, Pou and Jones based off the last few months of the year. Pou might spend a bit of time up forward as well. Steele and Jones the only 2 out of that group with a decent run of games under their belt and Jones is inconsistent.

At the end of the day, flogging the horse that is basically a skeleton now after all these years, we need to improve our midfield.
You’re preaching to the converted in here.

You can guarantee he agreed to a deal with the cats 6 months ago.
You can also guarantee they bought him a house or a farm as per their standard playbook

You can also guarantee that he hasn’t nominated because his destination is still engaged in a finals campaign.

i mean absolute disrespect to anyone who doesn’t think Smith is worth one of our first rounders this year, you’re all idiots.

He’s a game breaking 23 year old mid, who has an appetite for hard work and gives us an inside/out player with 10 years of footy in front of him.

Completely mismanaged by bevo since they lost to the dees but he is exactly the type of mid we’re trying to draft.

He’s not a Ben Cousins level drug addict, he got caught doing a line of coke.

Beyond that, he's a membership teams wet dream as he’s the most marketable player in the comp.

It’s a shame he’s not interested in coming

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back