List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Battle, Seb Ross out
Dan Houston, Jackson McRae in.

Does that improve the list?

Not as much as would Jackson McRae + gun midfielder taken at pick 8 of the '24 draft with similar age profile as Phillipou Wilson Garcia Hastie Schoenmaker Keeler Windhager Owens Wanganeen-Milera in the long term

Sorry is this a joke??

Clark didn't even fumble the ball when McKay blindsided him at top speed .... are you saying he should have been more alert and squibbed the contest?

Hey here is another vid showing Clark's terrible reflexes and movement .... seriously what a spud

still can't believe we coughed up 36 point lead.. that loss was a derailment moment

Sorry is this a joke??

Clark didn't even fumble the ball when McKay blindsided him at top speed .... are you saying he should have been more alert and squibbed the contest?

Hey here is another vid showing Clark's terrible reflexes and movement .... seriously what a spud

I definitely forgot how good 2020 Hunter Clark was playing with full confidence there.

It’s worth a punt. I’m in
I’m totally against it because I don’t want to lose draft capital and the contract is terrible and the Dogs should be made to wear it. I think by the second year, he’ll be reasonably cooked, if not the third and we’ll be paying him a fortune.

But having said that and before the negotiations get going … for those that want him, what would you be happy handing over draft pick wise? Genuine question.

Not worried about his physique. Agree he really needs to work hard on building his endurance.

To blame all his injuries on fitness is harsh though, considering the horrible face injuries he's had just from being a gutsy footballer.

If he could build his tank, it would help immensely. Needs to have it really put on him this preseason.
Has a tank had an interrupted preseason etc. It’s just this constant narrative based on recent form without any reference to his total body of work. When it comes to his lack of beach muscles well he can tackle and break a tackle and is often the guy with his head over the ball and on the bottom on a pack so that will do me. It’s funny but I don’t remember KB or Tucky as anything other than coat hangers and they both went pretty well.

I’m totally against it because I don’t want to lose draft capital and the contract is terrible and the Dogs should be made to wear it. I think by the second year, he’ll be reasonably cooked, if not the third and we’ll be paying him a fortune.

But having said that and before the negotiations get going … for those that want him, what would you be happy handing over draft pick wise? Genuine question.
3rd for mine.

Has a tank had an interrupted preseason etc. It’s just this constant narrative based on recent form without any reference to his total body of work. When it comes to his lack of beach muscles well he can tackle and break a tackle and is often the guy with his head over the ball and on the bottom on a pack so that will do me. It’s funny but I don’t remember KB or Tucky as anything other than coat hangers and they both went pretty well.

I'm a fan. I hope he has a ripping preseason.

Third at best, big contract with a lousy form line just doesn’t demand anymore imo. I’m happy to admit he was a gun at his height but we’re more likely to get a handy stop gap than that and should remember that at the trade table.

I definitely forgot how good 2020 Hunter Clark was playing with full confidence there.
He's a freak and vitally important to our success going forward IMO. Yes his endurance sucks and always has, but it's telling that they'd prefer to manage his minutes rather than ask him to work up a better fitness base in the twos. Without exaggeration his ball handling is as good as anyone I've ever seen. Dual sided, very composed, can lack awareness at times, but he is unpredictable ball in hand and puts it to advantage more often than not.

He is 25 but I still think we've only scratched the surface, fingers crossed he gets a good run at it next year. Listening to him speak, it sounds like he has really bought into what we're doing and his game showed significant improvement as the year wore on. Still has a lot of growth left IMO, he does things that not many people can do, that highlights package is a good reminder indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That maggot Tom Morris reckons the Bulldogs are going to ask for a high pick for a 31 y.o VFL regular.
If we can't get him for cheap, we should give it a hard pass.
Imagine selling our future with say pick 8 on a stop gap player. Sounds so very Saints.
If we are giving up capital much prefer it on Houston. A late second would be about right for McRae.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
In this draft that’s a late third

Thanks champ appreciate it. Personally not infatuated with pure numbers from slow accumulating mids... Seb done that for a few years as did Armo. Neither where close to being a superstar. But if you overvalue those types who am I to stop you.
All I know is by far the biggest thing that is holding us back is getting pantsed repeatedly at stoppage. Why wouldn't I want a 3xAA contested ball pig ( whose cost is inconsequential to our draft strategy ) to help Steele out and bring the likes of Pou and Owens along for the ride. You'd think Owens especially would learn a fair bit from Macrae.

Is essentially replacing like for like with Crouch I would imagine.

Morris does talk shit. He didn't give a source from the Bulldogs so may just be a stock answer because he is contracted.
We will see I suppose.

There are a lot of managers using the Saints as a wedge given the amount of cap space. We’ve seen in roast that it’s mostly BS.

Sam Frost and Oscar McDonald or GTFO

Will probably miss out on him because he is attracted to another team for a reason , but as trade day draws closer we may see a couple good players moved due to clubs needing high draft picks to get the players they want in.
Smith
Bolton
Baker
Oliver ?
Petracca ?
Pickett ?
Perryman

Well he said he wants out and we need a quality replacement for Crouch and Ross - I fully expect he could be wearing a Saints jumper next year - 2nd round pick would do it knowing he is out of favor at the Dogs and they will have a salary dump.
Turns 31 next year so will be retired by the time our kids have taken up the slack.
Imagine giving up pick 25 for him at his stage in his career. You’re not getting an AA. That’s history.

I also love how the media narrative with Geelong and Smith has been “ah well, they only have a very late first, so that’ll have to do”. Jon Ralph is trying to get fourteen top 10 picks for Richmond. As soon as we pop our heads up for an old guy with a shit contract, Morris chirps up looking for high picks.

Yes to Macrae?? (he's old, slow and a lousy kick)
No to Houston?? (he's in his prime, strong, skillfull and durable)

Are people purposely trying to make us worse?
Yep. This thread is laughable. I’m sticking to the draft thread and praying that our guys don’t lose their collective minds. Should throw in 2M for Shiel as well, 1M for Liam Shiels just to confuse the sheisen out of people, and why not, get Mitchy Robbo in for a few hundred k. Mint.

That maggot Tom Morris reckons the Bulldogs are going to ask for a high pick for a 31 y.o VFL regular.
If we can't get him for cheap, we should give it a hard pass.
Imagine selling our future with say pick 8 on a stop gap player. Sounds so very Saints.
If we are giving up capital much prefer it on Houston. A late second would be about right for McRae.

McCrae is becoming a crab. Slowing down fast. If the Bulldogs want a decent pick for him then let them keep him.

He can’t a get a game there. Others have supplanted him.

The contract he is on should be nothing but a salary dump. 3 more years costing about $2m. Yuck.

McCrae and his management will have an agreement with a club for him to request a trade with 3 years left on his contract. That’s a given.

Whether it’s us, well that’s yet to be seen. We will find out soon enough.

I'm also totally against it. Don't need that contract on our books with a bunch of young guys to sign over the next couple of years, decent free agents on the market and Tassie on the horizon. Plus he's taking midfield minutes from guys we should be developing in the ones. Seen enough of Hugo in the sub vest already. Very different players but I'd rather re-sign Jones (who doesn't look like he's running in treacle) at a fraction of the cost and keep our picks.

To answer your second question, we might need points for Cole / Peckett bids (if we intend on matching), so we'll need something coming back. Neither of us have fourth rounders, but we have 43 and they have 44 + a VFL player on a $2m 3-year contract. Sounds about right to me. Dogs are welcome to keep him otherwise.

Not worried about his physique. Agree he really needs to work hard on building his endurance.

To blame all his injuries on fitness is harsh though, considering the horrible face injuries he's had just from being a gutsy footballer.

If he could build his tank, it would help immensely. Needs to have it really put on him this preseason.
At Hunt's age we have to accept he's close to his athletic peak and will never get to where the more gifted runners are at. The only question that needs asking is; what is his net impact on winning games?
In that regard he earns his spot. TOG and possession count are stats for interest's sake only. Impact is all that actually matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back