List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett nominates saints

Saints split pick 8 for 13 and 21 from GC

Send Pick 7 and 13 and 21 to bombers

Get Merrett and Pick 9 back
WTF?? Get of the Panda acid

Merrett with Effington paying 49% of his salary + Prespakis for a ..... Future 4th rounder + 2024 Chery Tiggo 8 Pro + Owies & Cerra's left hamstring from Bluescum

And they agree not to give us Laverde

That's how you trade!!

Depends on price. If he requests a trade and says he wants to leave and never wants to play for Bombers again, there is a reduction in the price to acquire him. He is an elite midfielder who could easily play another 5 years. We would be stupid not to consider it if the price was such that we weren't selling our future.

Good example of how the price could work. This trade then ultimately becomes Battle (26) for Merrett (28) plus moving our first down the order by two spots (7 to 9). Thrown in Membrey and we might get a third round back too.

There’s no reduction in any price. He’s contracted.

Depends on price. If he requests a trade and says he wants to leave and never wants to play for Bombers again, there is a reduction in the price to acquire him. He is an elite midfielder who could easily play another 5 years. We would be stupid not to consider it if the price was such that we weren't selling our future.

Good example of how the price could work. This trade then ultimately becomes Battle (26) for Merrett (28) plus moving our first down the order by two spots (7 to 9). Thrown in Membrey and we might get a third round back too.

We would be complete and utter morons to consider it. In the list of the stupid shit this club has done, this would be up there in the upper echelons.
I (stupidly) refuse to believe that Bassatt would allow anything this moronic to pass.

How sure are you that next year’s draft is poor?

Not much standing out from that crop except academy aligned players. Not looking like it’s got depth or a lot of stand out talent so far.

Lets just all agree that this will not be happening and you will instead end up with Jake Stringer for a future 3rd
Thanks, but no thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps over troubled water?
There’ll be lots of that should this actually happen for what it’ll cost us.
But from the club we’re hearing the sounds of silence.

Pretty sure it’s just Tom.

my idea was obviously far fetched and from the Dodoro play book but lets break it down shall we;

Essendon Captain
3 x AA (most think he should have been this year too)
4 x club B&F
contracted for another 3 years
5th line of betting with sports bet for the Brownlow if you want to go down this line

So yeah, to be asking for the world? why not. We hold absolutely all the cards...

Lets just all agree that this will not be happening and you will instead end up with Jake Stringer for a future 3rd
You know it’s stupid if the fans now want it to happen.

FMD

This is getting out of hand, I'm calling for support.

giphy.gif

I expect Merrett will get a nice 2 year extension and pay rise in the next few weeks.

Helps him get the salary boost since Essendon dont have pay rises in line with the CBA in their existing contracts and we benefit by helping spend other victorian clubs salary cap.

Dangling huge wads of cash around player managers might shake a few apples from other trees. If I’m LDU I’m thinking about the kind of lifestyle changes that might come from one of those godfather offers.

I reckon Morris is genuinely being trolled by the clubs lately. Feed him bogus info here and there and he suddenly starts looking like the weasely shit that he is.
Yep, managers know we have cash, need a midfield, and as each new name crops up (from other managers) indicates a level of desperation that gives it credence. Just a tool in all of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back