List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re correct, of course.

Still. Limited but committed player, and he made a GF with them too, didn’t he?

I still wonder what role it is that Young thinks is his best?
One of those tall rubbery inflatable men on the side of the road I assume.

Halloween Tube GIF by Storyful

Brynes end to the season was excellent. He has cleaned up his disposal and his work rate was top notch. If he can continue that form, he will have a long career.

Every team, even those that win a premiership, has 'average' players who work hard to fulfil a role so the best players can star.
Exactly.

Our issue isn’t that Byrnes is in the side. Plenty of worse players win flags.

Our issue has always been our lack of elite talent at the top.

1 Was a pick 10. Youngest in his draft class, in his second season and had played every game in his first. The talent was undoubted, but was struggling with role and form and injury.

The other in his 5th season with over 50 games to his name was struggling to get into the 4th worst side in the league at the time with significant opportunities due to injuries/suspensions etc.

I’m not trying to come across as a Byrnes hater. I don’t actually mind him. But he would be one of the first players I’d be replacing.
The majority of the league, a player comes into his own after 50+ games. The elite get there sooner but majority take a little while. Byrnes sits with the majority, his work defensively and offensively in the back half of the year, was everything you’d want in a role player. And when you’re building a team you need players that put the team first and Byrnes strikes me as very much that type of player. Couldn’t been more impressed with him in those last 6 weeks.

Boyd Woodcock from Southport. Back to back VFL team of the year. could be one to look at for some small forward depth.

Why did port delist him? What's the knock on him

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d get him just to see his girlfriend at the Best and Fairest. The best WAG in the business by the Flemington straight I rest my case your honour!!

I saw Lewis Young speak at a school at the start of the season. He is a very intelligent young man, really seems like he'd be a great guy to have around the club. Was amazing with the kids. I followed him a bit after that and he is a seriously decent player. Sounds like Kennedy is a leader too.

In my opinion Voss is the worst coach in the league. Going after their rejects could actually be a good strategy. Both those players can add a lot to our side. The fact they're being pushed means we shouldn't have to give much.

The majority of the league, a player comes into his own after 50+ games. The elite get there sooner but majority take a little while. Byrnes sits with the majority, his work defensively and offensively in the back half of the year, was everything you’d want in a role player. And when you’re building a team you need players that put the team first and Byrnes strikes me as very much that type of player. Couldn’t been more impressed with him in those last 6 weeks.
I like Byrnes he is a good honest tryer for an AFL footballer.

He is a perfectly acceptable 20-30th player on your list.

lets not pretend he has the upside of players like Phillipou

I saw Lewis Young speak at a school at the start of the season. He is a very intelligent young man, really seems like he'd be a great guy to have around the club. Was amazing with the kids. I followed him a bit after that and he is a seriously decent player. Sounds like Kennedy is a leader too.

In my opinion Voss is the worst coach in the league. Going after their rejects could actually be a good strategy. Both those players can add a lot to our side. The fact they're being pushed means we shouldn't have to give much.
Voss is a horrible matchday coach.

No greater evidence of it than the final against Brisbane
TDK as sub lol.
Then subbing out Kennedy when about 8 other people should of been subbed ahead of him 20 mins into the second quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gringo already said this (and I've said it in a few older threads) - we should get in Young purely because as our list stands an injury to Howard in the pre-season would be an unmitigated disaster. That's it.

I recall H. Goddard getting his body and spirit broken in his third game against Adelaide, would hate to see it happen to Keeler.

You compared Byrnes to Phillipou with regards to form and being dropped.

Byrnes played 8 in a row during his 5th season and took him over that 50 game threshold.

He is a decent ass end of the list player. He isn’t any more then that and my point was that this is the type of player - who is still getting a decent number of games at AFL level that we should be looking to improve.

The cream will come from the draft (hopefully). But we could bring in Kennedy and Macrae for Byrnes and Jones and that would make us better - whilst simultaneously protecting the kids we have and setting standards. (Providing the cost was low).

Monty can run and run and run all he wants. But he wouldn’t be getting into the 4 sides playing this weekend. Thats the marker we need to get to and exceed.

Last edited:

Is Cordy still uncontracted?

Take Lewis Young maybe don't re-sign Zane ?

This is getting a bit silly now with the Carlton gops. I don't mind one or two, but do we really want to turn St Kilda into the Carlton of 2022? Kennedy or Young are not the missing pieces of a premiership team, just like Dow, Stocker or Hammer weren't. We can't keep using up all our list spaces with anymore fairly decent players, we've got plenty already.

Either untried draftees or game-changing guns and leaders only, please.
There's the view that SOS just likes bringing in his old recruits from former clubs.
There's also the view that list managers should actively predate on clubs in turmoil.
We want to remember that Stocker was NOT a SOS era acquisition to Stkilda so right now it's only Paddy, and GOP's are interchangeable so it hardly matters where they come from.
If they come cheap and fill a hole then that's all you need, and SOS is NOT in charge of talent acquisition.

If we were to look at Kennedy and Young, surely SOS would have an idea if they would suit RTB game style

He has a knack of turning average players into good system based game plan.

Anyway…

Anyone else hearing the talk that SDK is “gettable”?
Apparently pretty unhappy with the Cats coaching staff. Not just because he's not selected for the finals but some other issues. He was basically an All Australian defender 2 years ago.

Would solve a lot of problems for a lot of clubs. Surely Blues would be first in line?

If we get Kennedy over Macrae I’ll be extremely pissed

We need a genuine experienced leader alongside Steele, not a so-so all-rounder
It’s just Bigfoot talk.

But SoS has recruited to both GWS and Carlton.

And he would be a Ross type of player.

Apparently pretty unhappy with the Cats coaching staff. Not just because he's not selected for the finals but some other issues. He was basically an All Australian defender 2 years ago.

Would solve a lot of problems for a lot of clubs. Surely Blues would be first in line?
They couldn’t do both him and Houston.

I wonder what the cost would be?

I’d trade our future first for him instantly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back