List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I just drove past the hawks new facility. Talk about being in the middle of no where. A few sad looking houses and industrial sites. Seems like a fail to my uneducated mind.
Can’t see why a couple of builders start placing a few broken pieces of fibro cement, someone will claim it’s asbestos & shut any building on there for another 10years.😱

Nasty I know but it is Hawthorn 🤭

Apart from money to the player how do we satisfy Freo with draft picks, they might be a little dirty on Henry coming over from last year.
Push them. Freo are well documented to be under cap pressure.

Erasmus and brayshaw are coming out of contract. Go hard at both.

I think erasmus is gettable.

Push them. Freo are well documented to be under cap pressure.

Erasmus and brayshaw are coming out of contract. Go hard at both.

I think erasmus is gettable.
Im all for it but i think we might have a different definition of "big money" what sort of deal are you talking about?

Can’t see why a couple of builders start placing a few broken pieces of fibro cement, someone will claim it’s asbestos & shut any building on there for another 10years.😱

Nasty I know but it is Hawthorn 🤭
Someone needs to report they found some aboriginal bones there. That would put a holt to all construction for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harmes getting selected ahead of Macrae was an atrocious call by Beveridge.

I’m pretty sure if you go back through the last 10 years of grand final matches there will be a decent spread of 32+ year old A Graders in significant roles.

If Jack can stay healthy, do the work in the off season then he will be well capable of being a part of our next tilt.

On a bog average day I’d say he probably capable of impacting a game in the same way that Zak Jones did towards the end of the season.

On a good day Jack is capable of swinging the game in our favour.

It looked like injecting pace into the side but he ran around doing nothing quickly.

Heard a rumour that we are holding off on the hotton contract because he is managed by the same camp as battle. If we get band one well will extend him. If not we won’t. I can’t find info if this is true by what I heard.
I'm not sure why the correlation between holding off on a contract and the fact that they have the same manager.
Am I missing something? Battle is gone and the manager will have no bearing on the pick.

Waiting to see what the compo pick is, now that I can understand.

I am talking about IF thats the way it's going, I'm slightly confused as to why it would.

In the overall scheme, there arent that many players with children on each list. These players are already higher paid than any of their peers out in then real world. They can afford childcare on their own without each club spending another 300-500k to appease them. Waste of club money and resources. And if that means we lose 1 player here or there that can already afford childcare with the money the club is already paying them, then thats life.
TBH I think it was a BS excuse.

If we have a war chest get proactive and throw big money at erasmus
South African, is he?

I'll go over and conduct the negotiations in Afrikaans (the most useless language since it's only spoken in SA) but will sweeten the deal with a braaivleis every weekend (that's a BBQ for you Aussies :) ) and my home-made biltong and melktert. ( custard tart.)

TBH I think it was a BS excuse.
Of course it was. Just talk to soften the image of walking.
Especially after the ' for my family' line that is a bit sketchy after Saints offered more money.
Look Battle has never been quite happy at the Saints. Was unhappy during Ratten, then got pissed when he heard he was talked about as tradeable last year.

He wanted to go, people need to move on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

South African, is he?

I'll go over and conduct the negotiations in Afrikaans (the most useless language since it's only spoken in SA) but will sweeten the deal with a braaivleis every weekend (that's a BBQ for you Aussies :) and my home-made biltong and melktert. ( custard tart.)
Lol, I watch this Afrikaans woman on YouTube that runs an Elephant orphanage and have learnt a few Afrikaan phrases.
Between her and the Lion whisperer that Afrikaans saffie accent has grown on me.

Some of the phrases she uses are pretty cool.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back