List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Goober and his moustache are right there. Just grab him for free

I’ve heard them referred to as mother, mom, mama, momma, mamma, mommy, ma, mammy and mater but never as moustache 🤷

Saints still copping flack for telling Battle not to come.

Meanwhile at Richmond. You have players addressing the crowd like this.

And I get there is no way to make this okay with everyone. But sometimes the right decision is to not put people in situations like the below.

Excruciating. Lucky they do football gooder.

1000010917.jpg

Here's one for all the 'Cornes is just a shock jock- his takes are usually spot on' apologists.

Battle leaving raises plenty of valid questions regarding the competence of our club regarding list management- but him leaving has precisely 0 to do with our culture. Lol.

Just call a spade a spade already- the guy says the same level of nuffy nonsense as a guy like cooney.

It doesn't matter that cornes is doing it intentionally for attention.
Someone saying idiotic stuff (no matter thier motivation) ...is an idiot.

Last edited:
View attachment 2129155

Here's one for all the 'Cornes is just a shock jock- his takes are usually spot on' apologists.

Just call a spade a spade already- the guy says the same level of nuffy nonsense as a guy like cooney.

Once again, I don't reckon it's a terrible take. Telling Battle not to come to the best and fairest is one thing, but blatantly ignoring his contribution to the club makes the club look bitter and pathetic, and is not a great endorsement.

Even if Battle did lead us astray, we look like a petulant child by not even acknowledging his existence.

The reality is we had the chance to lock up Battle, we stuffed around and the Hawks swooped. Upping the offer at the death ain't going to cut it.

To get all bitter and salty because he ends up leaving is embarrassing. Just be professional ffs, it's not that hard.

Last edited:
Once again, I don't reckon it's a terrible take. Telling Battle not to come to the best and fairest is one thing, but blatantly ignoring his contribution to the club is makes the club look bitter and pathetic, and is not a great endorsement.

Even if Battle did lead us astray, we look like a petulant child by not even acknowledging his existence.

The reality is we had the chance to lock up Battle, we stuffed around and the Hawks swooped. Upping the offer at the death ain't going to cut it.

To get all bitter and salty because he ends up leaving is embarrassing. Just be professional ffs, it's not that hard.
No one knows what really happened. When Wilkie comes out and says it would have been a bit awkward then that’s probably telling you something.

No one knows what really happened. When Wilkie comes out and says it would have been a bit awkward then that’s probably telling you something.
Unless Battle has come out and slagged players partners or something of that nature, I just can't see in what world it makes sense to not wish him well and acknowledge his career at the Saints.

It's absolutely piss poor IMO. My wife worked for an company once that never did farewells for staff leaving. They turned out to be complete psychopaths.

It's a really poor look IMO, and as a minnow club we need to do the basics well.

OOC next year makes him perfect for us for 2026. OOC makes his trade cost less.

Plus we really want all our good trade capital to bring in good kids this year.

Top them up with older players for particular needs like Aleer next season is the way to go.

Thats stating the obvious, but you can garuantee our offer was for him to leave this season and it appears he came back and indicated he wants to remain another year. He is also a SA lad, you would think if he wanted to go anywhere next year it would be back to Adelaide. Being OOC for the year may invite interest from other clubs and could also create a bidding war, and in the interim we still need to find a CHB. The other consideration is he might play every game for GWS next year increasing his value considerably.

Dont forget we can trade draft picks two years in advance now.

dan hanneberry admitting he could only train for 10 mins during the week in 2017... a year before he ends up at st kilda... his last season at sydney his body was cooked and he was struggling... sydney and him mutual agreement that he should go given how big his contract was

he was secretly going to melb mid week to get help with his injuries in his last season at sydney. fmd.

rofl admitted that when he was booted from the leadership group he was drinking too much.
Im convinced Lethlean and Roughie were double agents

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Donohue (sen) - port will ask for a second (Ivan Soldo). I have my sources at the saints as you know. They won’t get a second rounder.
No way is he worth a second rounder. They didn't even play him in the second half of the season. I'd happily walk away if they insist on a second round pick.

From 7 News "Geelong’s recruitment drive pays off with Jack Martin confirmed as next signing".

Unless Battle has come out and slagged players partners or something of that nature, I just can't see in what world it makes sense to not wish him well and acknowledge his career at the Saints.

It's absolutely piss poor IMO. My wife worked for an company once that never did farewells for staff leaving. They turned out to be complete psychopaths.

It's a really poor look IMO, and as a minnow club we need to do the basics well.
Have given this quite a bit of thought - hard not to when you’re reading BF .

If, as stated, Battle played fast and loose with the truth and lied to club and teammates he’s known since the beginning of his career, only telling them last minute by text, I can understand some of the angst and bitterness directed towards him.

However, the club just has to be bigger than that and put itself above petty quarrels, no matter how pissed off they may be about the way things were handled from the Battle camp.

If Josh actually still wanted to come to the B&F anyway, one has to wonder about his judgement, as with the request to run through the banner with his daughter.

I can possibly understand the club not wanting him to be there on the night, but the avoidance of anything to do with mentioning a guy who came third, does strike me as a little unprofessional,

For me, as not the club but just a supporter, I never boo, but I’m definitely not wishing him a brilliant career from here on in and yes, petty as it seems, hope the Hawks flop spectacularly next season.

View attachment 2129155

Battle leaving raises plenty of valid questions regarding the competence of our club regarding list management- but him leaving has precisely 0 to do with our culture. Lol.

if i was a player thats not the reason i wouldn't be selecting the saints.

1 finals series in 13 ****ing years and one flag in over 140 years would do it.

What were people expecting ?. He had a good year and finished third in the B&F, why is it such a big deal that the pres and captain didn’t mention him. Sounds like more of can I run through the banner with my step daughter stuff to me. He’s told us I’m off see you latter and we’ve gone by, sounds fair enough to me.

I’ve been listening to the battle chatter all year and I’m not buying the we did him dirty and he got his nose out of joint blah blah. Assuming the reports are true that he had a very good offer on the table early in the season and despite the expectation it was a done deal he obviously didn’t re-sign. Now how far did that original offer move to his eventual contract at hawthorn, not that much.

Given he was loved by supporters, had mates amongst the playing group and a good relationship with Lyon where was the home discount. There wasn’t one, I think josh was out the door all along and despite our late Hail Mary he was gone. All this he did the right thing and honoured his agreement with hawthorn 😳 say what. So we apparently owed josh every consideration yet josh despite no great time imperative couldn’t even give us right of last refusal.

I’m glad we didn’t sing his praises it would have been hypocritical and if josh is looking for some love then he needs to get down to his new home at the dingley tip amongst his new best chums. Anyway I’m backing the President and coach in this one, if they aren’t happy with josh then you can put money on it being justified imo.

Hanging out for Friday, it will be band 1 but still imagine it’s not, this joint will blow up
I'm trying to get organised ahead of time in case it's not band 1, so I would like everyone that's coming with me to AFL HQ to let me know in advance if they prefer a pitchfork or a torch please......

Remember - we can't all have torches, that would look stupid....

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back