List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to get organised ahead of time in case it's not band 1, so I would like everyone that's coming with me to AFL HQ to let me know in advance if they prefer a pitchfork or a torch please......

Remember - we can't all have torches, that would look stupid....
Baseball bat please.

Hanging out for Friday, it will be band 1 but still imagine it’s not, this joint will blow up
I’ve found it interesting that the Club has been smashed in the media for 2 days and outside of Wilkie. No one has done a single bit of media.

Infact, outside of a few off the record conversations that the likes of Ralph and Beveridge can’t quote but can talk about the clubs confidence in band 1. They have done next to no media since announcing Battle is leaving.

Has to be linked - considering we have had 2 players nominate us.

It's a really poor look IMO, and as a minnow club we need to do the basics well.

Absolutely agree with your Battle take.

We had to be better. Regardless with whatever occurred between him and the playing group, we’ve foolishly let the bad publicity in and made ourselves come off petty and jaded. He probably wouldn’t have come anyway if rumours are true. But rightly or wrongly we’ve invited this backlash.

As much as I hate them, we’ve got to ask ourselves WWGD. What would Geelong do? They’re not perfect but they are the envy of everyone the way they operate.

We had to be better. Regardless with whatever occurred between him and the playing group, we’ve foolishly let the bad publicity in and made ourselves come off petty and jaded. He probably wouldn’t have come anyway if rumours are true. But rightly or wrongly we’ve invited this backlash.

As much as I hate them, we’ve got to ask ourselves WWGD. What would Geelong do? They’re not perfect but they are the envy of everyone the way they operate.
I agree, I don't think we handled the Battle thing well at all.

I think if the players were as pissed at him as some suggest, then he would not hage accepted an invitation to come anyway.

Just looks like sour grapes from our end.

Rightly or wrongly and there will be differing opinions as to the correct approach.

I’m going to assume the way we handled the Battle scenario is going to fall in line with our current us against the world, everyone else can get ****ed as we are no longer going to be pushed around mentality.

I’m very curious to see how we handle the Battle compensation scenario.

Agree

Don't know what happened behind the scenes but feel the Battle issue was handled badly at the B+F

With relation to paying out on Geelong re Jack Martin - if they go top up with him, Smith and potentially Oliver - they are back in the mix again

If Stengle had nailed a few easy shots they probably beat Brisbane and then go on and beat Sydney - pretty close to another GF

We in the meantime are still talking about kids and rebuilding and a young list with potential and what Tassie will mean etc etc

Don't think I want Martin - but certainly not going to pot Geelong for taking him

GARCIA CLOSING ON CALL​

WESTERN Bulldogs small forward Riley Garcia is closing in on making a call on his future, with a decision expected this week.

Garcia has been weighing his future, with the Dogs having a two-year contract offer in front of him.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading reported last month Port Adelaide, West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbourne had expressed varying levels of interest in Garcia, who has been looking for more midfield opportunities.

Also says Reeves who we looked at is staying. So Soldo has to be a lock it seems

Rightly or wrongly and there will be differing opinions as to the correct approach.

I’m going to assume the way we handled the Battle scenario is going to fall in line with our current us against the world, everyone else can get ****ed as we are no longer going to be pushed around mentality.

I’m very curious to see how we handle the Battle compensation scenario.

That’s definitely the only positive I can see out of it. The attitude we need to take against the AFL and everyone else for that matter. To galvanise us all. Something we need to get behind.

Just frustrating we haven’t come out publicly at all and combatted any of the mass pile ons and free for alls from media and oppo fans alike.

That’s definitely the only positive I can see out of it. The attitude we need to take against the AFL and everyone else for that matter. To galvanise us all. Something we need to get behind.

Just frustrating we haven’t come out publicly at all and combatted any of the mass pile ons and free for alls from media and oppo fans alike.
Agreed.

It’s been annoying listening to it the last 2 days (all I’ve had time for as I’ve got time off with a newborn).

So again, back to my original post. I’m very keen to see what happens on Friday/Compo day.

I imagine Ross/SOS/Mission/Dilena will be doing stuff across SEN & Trade Radio.

Agreed.

It’s been annoying listening to it the last 2 days (all I’ve had time for as I’ve got time off with a newborn).

So again, back to my original post. I’m very keen to see what happens on Friday/Compo day.

Congratulations mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 3 clubs were seriously keen last year. Geelong Adelaide & Us.

“Industry figures confirmed Demons chief executive Gary Pert had sounded out a few clubs over a possible trade for Oliver, who has a very lucrative six years remaining on his contract at Melbourne.

But the issue for the Dees is that rival clubs have made it clear they no longer hold a level of interest in Oliver that would see them part with anything significant in a trade, nor anything significant when it comes to fulfilling his significant contract.”

Don't understand the animosity towards Battle, he had a job and he did it to the best of his ability and was simply offered another job that appealled to him more.

I don't buy into the text message rumour, the club would have known he was gone when he asked to take his daughter through the banner. Sounds like they made a final offer but his mind was most likely made up. Once you mentally committed to the idea of changing employers it can be hard to go back on.

I honestly think the most likely reason he wasn't invited to the best and fairest is because the club knew he was going to finish on the podium and probably thought it was bad optics to have a hawks player on stage receiving what would internally be considered a prestige award.

People being offended on behalf of the players he apparently betrayed seems a bit immature to me, I reckon his team mates would have been pretty understanding.

As for him owing the club, I don't buy that either. He was paid to do a job and he did it for a good 7 or 8 years, he lived up to his side of the bargain.

Personally wish him well, so long as it's not at our expense.

Agreed.

Congratulations on the new arrival.

For some reason I thought you was an old campaigner.

Only 3 clubs were seriously keen last year. Geelong Adelaide & Us.

“Industry figures confirmed Demons chief executive Gary Pert had sounded out a few clubs over a possible trade for Oliver, who has a very lucrative six years remaining on his contract at Melbourne.

But the issue for the Dees is that rival clubs have made it clear they no longer hold a level of interest in Oliver that would see them part with anything significant in a trade, nor anything significant when it comes to fulfilling his significant contract.”

Gee whiz, makes you think the plonker hasn't completely cleaned up his act.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back