List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, I don't think we handled the Battle thing well at all.

I think if the players were as pissed at him as some suggest, then he would not hage accepted an invitation to come anyway.

Just looks like sour grapes from our end.
You know what though, by tomorrow it’s already yesterdays news.

Agreed.

It’s been annoying listening to it the last 2 days (all I’ve had time for as I’ve got time off with a newborn).

So again, back to my original post. I’m very keen to see what happens on Friday/Compo day.

I imagine Ross/SOS/Mission/Dilena will be doing stuff across SEN & Trade Radio.
Congrats.

You should check with Josh about childcare!!

That’s definitely the only positive I can see out of it. The attitude we need to take against the AFL and everyone else for that matter. To galvanise us all. Something we need to get behind.

Just frustrating we haven’t come out publicly at all and combatted any of the mass pile ons and free for alls from media and oppo fans alike.
Actually think it’s better we don’t.
Why give it any more oxygen?
We lose a player. We have 2 requesting us.
We pocket the pick and move on.

Sleeps all day.

Barely sleeps a wink at night 😂

****ing kids, eh? 😂
Congrats mate.

( You think you’re having sleepless nights now - wait till they’re teenagers!)
Seriously though - kids are the best.

Last edited:
The old saying is, "When taking revenge, dig two graves."

I did the same when my two kids were born, Stavro. My son has now grown into a typically frustrated and suffering Saint. Mission accomplished.

My daughter, on the other hand and abandoned the Saints in her early teens. To make matters worse, she caved into incessant pressure from her maternal grandmother and in laws and crossed to.....I can barely write this......the filth!!!!🤮💩

That happened after the GF loss in 2009. She couldn't stand the, "The pain and losses."

The 2010 GF must rank among the worst days of my life. She and my mother in law really rubbed it in afterwards. They still are. She rose from her grave. I'm still in mine.

Beware, grasshopper.🦗
And yet from what you have written, you're mother-in-law is still with us? 1727874255534.png

I am not saying you have been derelict in your duty,

but she is still with us......yes?

Did I hear correctly that Geelong met with Oliver and his entourage at Tom Hawkins' farm?

I'm guessing that's the ultimate 'all of this could be yours' moment if that is true.

For a club who has butchered so many of their first picks in each draft for the past decade and more, they keep on getting 'lucky' with these deals.

I'd like to think that by getting guys like Oliver and Smith it would put pressure on their cap, but they are obviously aging and don't have a heap of big name young players. So just as guys like Danger are getting older, they get in big names to replace them. It's frustrating because it's probably not even close to a squeeze for them - meaning SDK is happily within the cap on a huge pay rise.

No doubt we will get screwed but it’s impossible to get the hardest fixture with the top 6, middle 6, bottom 6 double up fixture system.
that sounds like a challenge the AFL is willing to take on and ensure happens

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back