List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle is nothing without Wilkie by his side. Guy is way overrated. 900k a year pfft, Wilkie should be on 2 mill if he’s on that.

Don't be surprised if he goes forward or they send Sicily forward.

Cant help thinking its like a swinging pendulum, right now long contracts are all the go, it'll only take a few clubs to be paying gazillions for years, before it swings back the other way.

Just hope Saints are a team who keep it real. ( More likely the opposite in our history though).

Commentators are saying it's the Tassie factor. Clubs are paying up to bring in established talent and giving up much more than usual to get it done. Once the drafts get picked over rapid improvement drops off hard.

Battle is nothing without Wilkie by his side. Guy is way overrated. 900k a year pfft, Wilkie should be on 2 mill if he’s on that.
yeah fair call
But might need to look at our coaches knowledge on football
3rd in the B&F this year and top 10 previous 2 years
Sh1t 🛻 overrated

🐑 🐑 🐑

The media really don't like us sticking up for ourselves. They keep proving Basset right.
Should just know our role as a “minnow” right?

Either way. There will be fireworks whatever way it lands (Band1) with Battle

Yes, because you only bring in the exact type of player you lose every year.

They have Hipwood and Logan Morris coming along. They brought in Gunston for a year before he left unexpectedly and now Daniher retiring unexpectedly.

A mature 3rd tall for zero draft capital when all their picks are going to be swallowed up by Ashcroft and Marshall. Membrey playing alongside 200cm Hipwood and a young, but exciting Morris. Why wouldn't they look at him?

Oh, because he isn't the exact same forward as Daniher. You're right, I'm sorry.
Christ , no need to throw your toys out the cot

If your looking to replace a Joe type , that's not members and i hope he stays as he was a big part of why we improved the last 6 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media literally tracks the way stories blow up and keep stoking if there is traction. The less interaction the less oxygen the fire gets.

The way Geelong gave zero shits or any energy to the story of Stengle collapsing, probably on drugs was exemplary. It was barely a ripple when most other clubs would have press conferences, make statements, have the player apologise etc. They just refused to feed the story and it got less traction than a speech at the B and F.
This really was amazing! they basically came out and said yeah he's all good just supporting him, nothing to see here.

And that was it hahah no follow up from the media clowns about culture etc.... just dead air.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Sam Edmund - “There is going to be a massive sook at the saints if this isn’t band 1”

Kane - “Almost like Ross was warning the AFL with his speech. “Do the right thing AFL””

If it was Geelong it would be ‘You would expect a strong outspoken justified protest to the AFL’ but because it’s St Kilda its having a sook lol

Am I correct in saying that from next year you can trade future draft picks for up to two years?

If so, and we nail this draft, then this will play a big role in our chase of Callaghan, Aleer and others that have been linked.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if we split a potential pick 8, for a later first round pick and a future first round pick, to bulk up our collateral for that assault on those targets.

Then it mainly comes down to performing on field next season and in an ‘exciting’ way, to change the narrative around our club. Otherwise it’s all for nothing and we won’t get any of these trade targets or Free Agents.

Am I correct in saying that from next year you can trade future draft picks for up to two years?

If so, and we nail this draft, then this will play a big role in our chase of Callaghan, Aleer and others that have been linked.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if we split a potential pick 8, for a later first round pick and a future first round pick, to bulk up our collateral for that assault on those targets.

Then it mainly comes down to performing on field next season and in an ‘exciting’ way, to change the narrative around our club. Otherwise it’s all for nothing and we won’t get any of these trade targets or Free Agents.
Yes.

But the further out the future first the less value it holds.

I also imagine a lot of clubs will want out of the first Tassie draft

Yes.

But the further out the future first the less value it holds.

I also imagine a lot of clubs will want out of the first Tassie draft
I feel like clubs could get overly spooked by the Tassie entry. Word is that they'll get less concessions than GWS/GC and GWS and GC entered in consecutive years and basically took up three (four?) years of talent (including taking pre-draftees 12 months before they entered the comp etc). So, in theory, the impact of Tassie coming in should be less than half of the impact GWS/GC had.

I feel like clubs could get overly spooked by the Tassie entry. Word is that they'll get less concessions than GWS/GC and GWS and GC entered in consecutive years and basically took up three (four?) years of talent (including taking pre-draftees 12 months before they entered the comp etc). So, in theory, the impact of Tassie coming in should be less than half of the impact GWS/GC had.
They’ll still heavily impact 2 drafts and simultaneously have access to any player in that first year like the other expansion sides.

It will hurt if you lose players

This really was amazing! they basically came out and said yeah he's all good just supporting him, nothing to see here.

And that was it hahah no follow up from the media clowns about culture etc.... just dead air.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It certainly helps when you have Geelong supporting sycophants throughout the media.

Can you imagine Whateley’s diatribe if it was a StK player coked out of their brain in a nightclub on a Tuesday morning?

AFL club culture is nothing more than how well a club is able to cover up scandals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way is he worth a second rounder. They didn't even play him in the second half of the season. I'd happily walk away if they insist on a second round pick.
Are they special?

Alex Dodson will be available at our second round pick as the best ruckman in the draft pool and they think we’d rather trade it for 28 yr old depth ruck Soldo?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back