List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

It certainly helps when you have Geelong supporting sycophants throughout the media.

Can you imagine Whateley’s diatribe if it was a StK player coked out of their brain in a nightclub on a Tuesday morning?

AFL club culture is nothing more than how well a club is able to cover up scandals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got it on good authority that it was ketamine

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seeing that you bought up the Roar site....does anyone know if one of the sites regular journos......Cameron Rose.... has something right up his nose against the Saints.

This year and last,he just cannot help but spray the venom when doing his weekly( for the tipping) preview article about us.

It's potshots at 30 paces.

Various journos.....looking at you Purple and Johhno(ex Doggies)love to bag us,but this guy is next level.
Junk Journos

If the club does only get band 2 compensation then it will support everything Bassat has said. He will be proven right.

Battle band 2 but band 1 for Perryman? And McKay? And going back, James Frawley?

What a nonsense. It’s rubbish.

And Bassat will then unleash the dogs of war on the AFL. He will make their lives an ongoing misery.

I can see Bassat pounding the AFL in the media, forever campaigning for draft equality. Listen to his speech at the B&F. Listen to what he said. Listen to the tone and the calculated context. He would be a very formidable enemy.

The AFL will hate it. Bassat won’t care if he’s a pariah. He will hammer the AFL because all he cares about is St Kilda. And that’s why we love him. Like us, he’s had a gutful of this shit. Time to fix it.

The AFL would be utterly stupid to give us band 2 compensation. They could, but I’d be staggered. All they would be doing is throwing petrol on a raging bonfire.

The AFL are smarter than that.
A great post there St Neil.

There's absolutely no way Prez wants to die on the AFL hill wondering if there's anything else that he could possibly do to get us that second Premiership.

His passion for the Saints is.... IMO.....off the charts.

Andrew Plympton was a great Prez....always fighting the fight.

IMO.......the only blemish on his great record which wasn't his fault,were the financials put foward to us going from Waverly Park to Marvel.

They looked initially like "rivers of bucks" which made the move to the "shiny new stadium" look a no brainer although we really had no choice........the Hawks stayed at Waverly Park and bought the joint for $1(that may need a fact check...lol)

Turned out once we'd moved, that all the figures(revenue from food/beverage sales/reserved seats/break even crowds required etc) given to the board were completely wrong.

Things went pear shaped very quickly with us winning the spoon in that first year at Marvel.

The dark years had begun.

Rod Butterss was great at the start of his reign.......until the Mexican Marching Powder got a hold of him when the booze already had a grip of him.

From what I've been told,he was a really great guy despite his issues.

Rod was forever screaming from the roof tops about the completely unfair stadium agreement and the break even crowd numbers needed.

As above....we signed the deal....but with incorrect information.

And....here are......AB is now fighting the fight.
And yet the bombers were able to manage a deal that they get a % of sales from food and beverages and merchandise from every single game played there!

Saints v eagles. A couple of saints supporters go buy a new scarf and Essendon gets a cut!

Absolute BS!

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm looking forward to the speculation being over....what time tomorrow do we find out what we get for Josh?
As soon as it’s lodged tomorrow according to Twomey.

FWIW - I was told that the club is given an indication before the actual lodgement day

So I’m confident they know.

If the club does only get band 2 compensation then it will support everything Bassat has said. He will be proven right.

Battle band 2 but band 1 for Perryman? And McKay? And going back, James Frawley?

What a nonsense. It’s rubbish.

And Bassat will then unleash the dogs of war on the AFL. He will make their lives an ongoing misery.

I can see Bassat pounding the AFL in the media, forever campaigning for draft equality. Listen to his speech at the B&F. Listen to what he said. Listen to the tone and the calculated context. He would be a very formidable enemy.

The AFL will hate it. Bassat won’t care if he’s a pariah. He will hammer the AFL because all he cares about is St Kilda. And that’s why we love him. Like us, he’s had a gutful of this shit. Time to fix it.

The AFL would be utterly stupid to give us band 2 compensation. They could, but I’d be staggered. All they would be doing is throwing petrol on a raging bonfire.

The AFL are smarter than that.
Seems like Bassets the new messiah.

Doubt the AFL would give two stuffs if he gets his nose out of joints or, God forbids makes an angry phone call.

Basset might be a millionaire but he's still a small fish in the context of the AFL.

Aaahhh, the great existential question since the dawn of time.........

Much more relevant in Adelaide....

disappointed the wire GIF

And yet the bombers were able to manage a deal that they get a % of sales from food and beverages and merchandise from every single game played there!

Saints v eagles. A couple of saints supporters go buy a new scarf and Essendon gets a cut!

Absolute BS!

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Merch side of things in those days was outrageous.....and it went on for years.

But....the Planes signed up first to the new shiny toy.

I think were we contemplating playing home games at the G.

Hesitating cost us.

The Merch side of things in those days was outrageous.....and it went on for years.

But....the Planes signed up first to the new shiny toy.

I think were we contemplating playing home games at the G.

Hesitating cost us.
Hawks apparently contracted in the revenue estimates given to them. Half the truth is we screwed ourselves through unprofessional dealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just thinking about him before funny enough. He's played quite a lot of VFL and about to get worse. Rory Atkins and Fiorini for a future third rounder or something. They are both depth there. Atkins would be a handy upgrade on Bonner. He's too good to play VFL every week. Having a bit of mature depth cover would be handy for when Tassie comes in.

So let me get this straight. Bailey “Tony Montana” Smith and Clarence Oliver who have had their “off field issues” are going to get a fresh start and clean up their act in … checks notes GEELONG??????
Gonna be so cool when they kick the side mirror off my car in Trainshed Way as they stumble home from Beav's Bar.

It will be disappointing not to have two top 10 picks but the difference between pick 8 vs pick 19 could be quite negligible given the evenness of picks between around 8-30. That’s my glass half full view. Anyway, nothing we can do. Just hope we pick a good kid and develop him well.
Good point. If the AFL was going to shaft us, this would be the best season for said shafting.

I’ll be shocked if we get band 1 for Battle. It’s become quite apparent band 2 is the most likely outcome.

The real over the top ones have all been disguised priority picks. Melbourne were bottom of the ladder and got overs for Frawley. Roos got overs for McKay when bottomed out. Hopefully they AFL see us as losers and want to help us too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back