List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just thinking about him before funny enough. He's played quite a lot of VFL and about to get worse. Rory Atkins and Fiorini for a future third rounder or something. They are both depth there. Atkins would be a handy upgrade on Bonner. He's too good to play VFL every week. Having a bit of mature depth cover would be handy for when Tassie comes in.
Will need them when Jones inevitably gets injured and is delisted after 2025.

We look to be going all in on FA next year, Callahan, LDU, Brayshaw, Alir all dangled big $$$ next year, use the futures for Fiorini and Atkins this year

This would give us experience of Steele, Jones, McLobster, Atkins

Mid Aged: Clark, Fiorini, Ronnie

Youngish: Dow, Henry, Windy Pou, Chito (I live in hope), Stocker (tagger)

Developing: 7 & 8, Wilson, Pou, Hotton (if still there)

I think you have hit on a pretty decent strategy.

A great post there St Neil.

There's absolutely no way Prez wants to die on the AFL hill wondering if there's anything else that he could possibly do to get us that second Premiership.

His passion for the Saints is.... IMO.....off the charts.
That’s all well and good, but I don’t see why he made such a big deal of this at the B&F. It’s a bad look for the club IMO. By all means, go for your life to the head honchos at the AFL behind closed doors. The father/son is a good part of the game and it completely comes down to luck anyway. If we get another flag I don’t want it come from handouts anyway. I want the club to do it as the St.Kilda Football club, with all the challenges it faces and has done for years.
This combined with the Battle snub has been a bad week for the club, I’m not sure what happened there but we could have said nothing and he either
a) doesn’t show up anyway
b) does turn up and it’s frosty - what’s the worst that could have happened?
Also a bad look that it seems we categorically told him not to come.

That’s all well and good, but I don’t see why he made such a big deal of this at the B&F. It’s a bad look for the club IMO. By all means, go for your life to the head honchos at the AFL behind closed doors. The father/son is a good part of the game and it completely comes down to luck anyway. If we get another flag I don’t want it come from handouts anyway. I want the club to do it as the St.Kilda Football club, with all the challenges it faces and has done for years.
This combined with the Battle snub has been a bad week for the club, I’m not sure what happened there but we could have said nothing and he either
Absolutely disagree on every single point you made above.

Andrew Plympton was a great Prez....always fighting the fight.

IMO.......the only blemish on his great record which wasn't his fault,were the financials put foward to us going from Waverly Park to Marvel.

They looked initially like "rivers of bucks" which made the move to the "shiny new stadium" look a no brainer although we really had no choice........the Hawks stayed at Waverly Park and bought the joint for $1(that may need a fact check...lol)

Turned out once we'd moved, that all the figures(revenue from food/beverage sales/reserved seats/break even crowds required etc) given to the board were completely wrong.

Things went pear shaped very quickly with us winning the spoon in that first year at Marvel.

The dark years had begun.

Rod Butterss was great at the start of his reign.......until the Mexican Marching Powder got a hold of him when the booze already had a grip of him.

From what I've been told,he was a really great guy despite his issues.

Rod was forever screaming from the roof tops about the completely unfair stadium agreement and the break even crowd numbers needed.

As above....we signed the deal....but with incorrect information.

And....here are......AB is now fighting the fight.
What fight did Plymton fight for us?
He also hired Tim Watson... which got us Riewoldt I suppose.

The media literally tracks the way stories blow up and keep stoking if there is traction. The less interaction the less oxygen the fire gets.

The way Geelong gave zero shits or any energy to the story of Stengle collapsing, probably on drugs was exemplary. It was barely a ripple when most other clubs would have press conferences, make statements, have the player apologise etc. They just refused to feed the story and it got less traction than a speech at the B and F.
Yep. That’s why I said previously club saying nothing at all about Battle is the right way to go about it.

I don't know any Saints supporter that doesn't want that go to be at St Kilda.
I wish him all the best, a ripping fella, but it’s time to look to the future. Owens, Sharman need opportunity to see what our forward makeup will be.
Plus with Marshall playing a lot more forward next year spots are tight.

I’m not going to argue the opposing views with you.

All I will say is that the BnF is also the presidents chance to address the fan base. This is the battle he and the club has been fighting. He mentioned they had a small win - in the fact change was coming and that effectively he isn’t done fighting for the equality of the football club.

He didn’t hide behind it as a reason for our lack of success but that he wanted us to be on an even playing field with our peers.

It was 100% the correct venue. The BnF is where your most rusted on truest saints attend. That was who the address was to

Peatling to the Crows

Perryman, Cumming, Peatling and probably more leaving the Giants. Hopper and Taranto a couple of years ago. Shiel, Treloar, Adams, WHE, Kennedy, Steele, the list goes on and on. Just imagine the pile on and struggles if we lost just a couple of those players.

Read that first paragraph again and they STILL have highly rated first rounders on their list who are waiting in the wings.

Smart list management really, letting good but not elite players walk - keeping cap space for the likes of Finn or Aleer next year. Their academy is still ticking along in the background.

I'm giving up on any name we are linked to 12 months out, we saw with Xerri that a player can nominate us and still not come in 12 months time.

Will need them when Jones inevitably gets injured and is delisted after 2025.

We look to be going all in on FA next year, Callahan, LDU, Brayshaw, Alir all dangled big $$$ next year, use the futures for Fiorini and Atkins this year

This would give us experience of Steele, Jones, McLobster, Atkins

Mid Aged: Clark, Fiorini, Ronnie

Youngish: Dow, Henry, Windy Pou, Chito (I live in hope), Stocker (tagger)

Developing: 7 & 8, Wilson, Pou, Hotton (if still there)

I think you have hit on a pretty decent strategy.
We've been saying we are all in for free agency next year for quite a few footy seasons now. Unfortunately, all the free agents either start signing or eventually sign with another club.

I hope it's different this time around,

Perryman, Cumming, Peatling and probably more leaving the Giants. Hopper and Taranto a couple of years ago. Shiel, Treloar, Adams, WHE, Kennedy, Steele, the list goes on and on. Just imagine the pile on and struggles if we lost just a couple of those players.

Read that first paragraph again and they STILL have highly rated first rounders on their list who are waiting in the wings.

Smart list management really, letting good but not elite players walk - keeping cap space for the likes of Finn or Aleer next year. Their academy is still ticking along in the background.

I'm giving up on any name we are linked to 12 months out, we saw with Xerri that a player can nominate us and still not come in 12 months time.
They've had an enormous leg up no doubt, but credit to them, they manage their list very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Plympton was a great Prez....always fighting the fight.

IMO.......the only blemish on his great record which wasn't his fault,were the financials put foward to us going from Waverly Park to Marvel.

They looked initially like "rivers of bucks" which made the move to the "shiny new stadium" look a no brainer although we really had no choice........the Hawks stayed at Waverly Park and bought the joint for $1(that may need a fact check...lol)

Turned out once we'd moved, that all the figures(revenue from food/beverage sales/reserved seats/break even crowds required etc) given to the board were completely wrong.

Things went pear shaped very quickly with us winning the spoon in that first year at Marvel.

The dark years had begun.

Rod Butterss was great at the start of his reign.......until the Mexican Marching Powder got a hold of him when the booze already had a grip of him.

From what I've been told,he was a really great guy despite his issues.

Rod was forever screaming from the roof tops about the completely unfair stadium agreement and the break even crowd numbers needed.

As above....we signed the deal....but with incorrect information.

And....here are......AB is now fighting the fight.
the deal got changed as well, then went to worse under the AFL's manipulations

I’ll be shocked if we get band 1 for Battle. It’s become quite apparent band 2 is the most likely outcome.

I'll be shocked that after tomorrows announcement of the pick we receive, that it will be the end of discussions on the pick we got, or should have got, or were gifted, or robbed of

What fight did Plymton fight for us?
He also hired Tim Watson... which got us Riewoldt I suppose.
I'll give you that Saints43.

Hiring "Timid Timmy" was a giant blunder by all concerned at the club.

Tim couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.....and worse still....he admitted it.

As you say.....his incompetence did set us up with Rooey and Kosi.

Credit where it's due.

;);)

I think it's going to be Band 1

But I know its going to be Band 2

I'm just gunna go with that way of thinking .... to heighten the joy & lessen the blow

Crows fans were in this exact same situation with Crouch....

It ended up being band 3.

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

I'll give you that Saints43.

Hiring "Timid Timmy" was a giant blunder by all concerned at the club.

Tim couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.....and worse still....he admitted it.

As you say.....his incompetence did set us up with Rooey and Kosi.

Credit where it's due.

;);)
Confident about compo champion?

So last night Perryman came equal 8th in the GWS Best & Fairest ... equal with Toby Bedford

Compared to Battle who came 3rd in ours

Not sure that if they take BNF into account

But again Perryman ... Band 1 and Battle .... Band 2 .... that would be downright joke

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back