List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting we aren't going after Tomlinson anymore. You would think we would be after an experienced player to replace Battle?
If we replace Battle with a 31 year old then soon we’ll need to replace the replacement. It’s a vicious cycle, we need long term players.

Colac has tonight announced former St Kilda star Seb Ross as co-coach of the club,

The Tigers have beaten out Leopold for the signature of the 31-year-old, who was delisted after 211 games in 13 seasons with the Saints last month.

Ross was confirmed as joining the club at Colac’s presentation night this evening.

Well because the AFL is a non transparent law unto itself, it can do whatever it pleases. And we’ll never know.

Perhaps if Higgo hadn’t kicked that goal they may have decided that 5 & 6 was too much to give to the Saints and instead gone with the band 2. And I much prefer 7 & 8 over 5 & 19.

Therefore the win over Carlton was not only an opportunity to deliriously celebrate beating the scumbaggers, it actually improved our draft position as well 😁

Anyway that’s the way I’m going to view it and nothing will convince me otherwise

Well done Higgo you magnificent bastard!!! 😄👍🏻
I have had the thought myself Doctor!
Love your work btw☺️
I would rather have Battle then pick 8 tho. 😞

Nah, it was mutual attraction 🥰

wG9I7yZ.jpeg
I've posted that joke every year for about 5 years now. I was hoping one day you'd turn your talents to an image or gif

I'll save that pic and post it next year when I give the joke another run. With credit to you of course.😂

Just saw Joker 2 tonight and was surprised to hear O, When the Saints go marching in sung and whistled about 30 times. Almost the theme song of the film. I take it as a good omen. Go Sainters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we replace Battle with a 31 year old then soon we’ll need to replace the replacement. It’s a vicious cycle, we need long term players.
Well not necessarily - if we are developing youngsters like Arie, McLennan and Hastie to become our long term players then we just need a stopgap for a year or two anyway.

Just saw Joker 2 tonight and was surprised to hear O, When the Saints go marching in sung and whistled about 30 times. Almost the theme song of the film. I take it as a good omen. Go Sainters!
The film also centers around someone who is insane, like most St Kilda fans.

Battle is a very, very good player who I think will get better recognition if he's a key part of the Hawks and they continue on their trajectory. He gets overlooked because he plays for us and doesn't get media exposure. I know all fans tend to overrate their own but I think if anything he was probably our most underrated player of the past 2 seasons. It's a true win/win for both clubs if we can nail the draft.

Battle is a very, very good player who I think will get better recognition if he's a key part of the Hawks and they continue on their trajectory. He gets overlooked because he plays for us and doesn't get media exposure. I know all fans tend to overrate their own but I think if anything he was probably our most underrated player of the past 2 seasons. It's a true win/win for both clubs if we can nail the draft.

His B&F result tends to agree with you.

Exactly re Battle.

We're not keen on Tomlinson. Good.

This is wonderful news- that guy looked all at sea 1v1 on the (admittedly) few times ive seen him.

Maybe we were only looking at him in the event that doogie AND battle left?

With doooogle locked in- i hope we look to push doogie further up the ground to chb and find a good new FB stopper (making wilkie the 3rd tall/rebounding weapon)

Colac has tonight announced former St Kilda star Seb Ross as co-coach of the club,

The Tigers have beaten out Leopold for the signature of the 31-year-old, who was delisted after 211 games in 13 seasons with the Saints last month.

Ross was confirmed as joining the club at Colac’s presentation night this evening.
Sad end for him considering his comments about wanting to play on then obviously not having any suitors. Probably deserved to retire, get a lap around the G with the Olympians and walk away from the AFL rather than how we and he played it out.

Sorry Joffa but I don't agree.

Getting Pick 8 for a third tall defender no matter how well he has performed is exactly the sort of thing we have to do to improve our list overall.

The money we've saved can be spent on Macrae, pick 8 gets us access to a quality mid and I don't really care what anyone thinks but given our systems, replacing Battle with someone like Tomlinson/Caminiti won't see our backline fall apart.
He's not a third talll defender never was. He was a genuine CHB.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back